Travis Frederick dominated the second half of 2014

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The entire Oline has that something that's VITAL to performing as a group........

It's called brains. These guys are cranium enriched.

Also, I firmly believe in the camaraderie amongst them.

Doug Free, if anything, is a huge part of this.

He's welcomed the newbs with open arms and a bucket full of info.

Perfect storm.............

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I originally wanted him in the 3rd round that year, but when I saw that there was a run on offensive linemen, I wasn't at all upset when the Cowboys got him, he was a huge need.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I originally wanted him in the 3rd round that year, but when I saw that there was a run on offensive linemen, I wasn't at all upset when the Cowboys got him, he was a huge need.

Yeah I think the Cowboys thought they were going to be able to get hin in the 2nd but the run on the OL forced them to change their draft strategy.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The smarts of this line sure makes the line of Adams/Kosier/Gurode/Davis/Colombo look like the bottom of the evolutionary ladder in IQ. Don't get me wrong Adas was better than most give him credit for, and Colombo was the nasty of the line but collectively dumb as box of hammers.

conner01

Reaction score
It's the beard...it's gotta be the beard.

He played well his first year and was much better last year. And he will only get better
Now think about Martin who played great last year
Most players get better over the first few years
If Martin can improve from year one to year two then he could quickly become one of the best guards to play on this team, ever
And that's some mighty high standards

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The smarts of this line sure makes the line of Adams/Kosier/Gurode/Davis/Colombo look like the bottom of the evolutionary ladder in IQ. Don't get me wrong Adas was better than most give him credit for, and Colombo was the nasty of the line but collectively dumb as box of hammers.

King of penalties though.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I remember when he was drafted. I wanted Sherif Floyd... Boy was I wrong. Guy is smart and really that tough presence that you want.

I'd love to say I was right about Frederick, but even though I wanted to draft him in the 3rd round, and I was happy when he was drafted at the bottom of the 1st, I never realized he would be this good.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't them to tell me that... When you see the holes he was helping to create nobody should argue that.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
idk im not one for the rah rah crowd, but there is something about this line that just deems "Imposing our will " time

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Where is the PFF is useless crowd?

What's there to say? I think that people that cite PFF ratings for DBs don't know wth they are talking about too but that isn't going on here. They at least saw Frederick block every down he was in there.

I don't mind it when people have an opinion. They are making an emotional generalization that makes it a number on an arbitrary spectrum and calling it a rating. My personal opinion was that he was consistent all year long while Martin and Leary were hurt in the second half of the season with lingering ankle and groin injuries. I will say that individual ratings miss the point of what those guys are doing.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He pulls outside and up onto the second level with quickness. Same with reaching blocks laterally in his zone. He did not come advertised as such. His work ethic and discipline stands out. Perceptive and makes few mental errors outside of pass protection. Has feel for the game on the move. Loves to reach, knock/shake them get pushed back off balance and finish.

His drive blocking power is elite. Will hook top DT and take them for rides. Heavy anchor that does not give ground on isos. Only seen Poe and early half Cox give him problems consistently. He would finish halves better against Philly while Cox was spent. Poe was his rookie campaign.