Travis Frederick dominated the second half of 2014

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where is the PFF is useless crowd?

I still think their ratings are useless. Just don't see the point in raining on the parade. The guy's a good player. Cowboys fans should be able to enjoy it in a random Frederick thread every now and then.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
He played well his first year and was much better last year. And he will only get better
Now think about Martin who played great last year
Most players get better over the first few years
If Martin can improve from year one to year two then he could quickly become one of the best guards to play on this team, ever
And that's some mighty high standards

Just to add to what you said, there isn't an OL in football that I would swap ours for right now. Not even close. These guys are Pro Bowlers/All Pros at a very young age. Throw in Collins' potential and that group alone will make Dallas competitive for the next decade.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
The entire Oline has that something that's VITAL to performing as a group........

It's called brains. These guys are cranium enriched.

I remember about 7 years ago Brian Baldinger was on the local sports talk show and said that he visited the Cowboys locker room and was talking to the oline personal. His exact quote was "those guys aren't to bright".

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I remember about 7 years ago Brian Baldinger was on the local sports talk show and said that he visited the Cowboys locker room and was talking to the oline personal. His exact quote was "those guys aren't to bright".

How would he know?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
How would he know?

I guess he took that from his conversation with them.

I remember getting pissed at him when he said that because he's definitly a hater. But after that I started hearing comments about us having dumb players and kept thinking back to his comments. I also started watching the line more and started to notice a lot of miscommunication and busted assignments.

I also remember Bill Parcels saying something about dumb players prior to Baldy's comments.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

I remember getting pissed at him when he said that because he's definitly a hater. But after that I started hearing comments about us having dumb players and kept thinking back to his comments. I also started watching the line more and started to notice a lot of miscommunication and busted assignments.

I also remember Bill Parcels saying something about dumb players prior to Baldy's comments.

I've noticed Baldy's bias against us, as well. What's the story behind that?

Kevinicus

Reaction score

I think he was implying that Baldinger wasn't too bright himself.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Remember how the Cowboys were crushed when they took him in the First Round? And of course McShay and Kuiper had him graded in the Third Round or something like that. I can't stand their mock drafts and draft grades that they do every year. At any rate, He's as good as there is at Center and the Boys are set for awhile.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Remember how the Cowboys were crushed when they took him in the First Round? And of course McShay and Kuiper had him graded in the Third Round or something like that. I can't stand their mock drafts and draft grades that they do every year. At any rate, He's as good as there is at Center and the Boys are set for awhile.

Mayock killed us, but I think Kiper and Mcshay thought it was a reach, but an ok pick, don't quite remember

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I've noticed Baldy's bias against us, as well. What's the story behind that?

Considering he wasn't drafted and given a free agent tryout by the Cowboys and then added to there roster where he played for four years. You would think he would be a lot more appreciative. But in his line of work, being appreciative doesn't work. Being controversial does.

But his bias comes from a combination of his last playing days were with the Eagles. He lives in the Philly area (he is actually a neighbor of mine) and he is a regular and until recently had a spot on the local ESPN sports talk station.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Considering he wasn't drafted and given a free agent tryout by the Cowboys and then added to there roster where he played for four years. You would think he would be a lot more appreciative. But in his line of work, being appreciative doesn't work. Being controversial does.

But his bias comes from a combination of his last playing days were with the Eagles. He lives in the Philly area (he is actually a neighbor of mine) and he is a regular and until recently had a spot on the local ESPN sports talk station.

Didn't he also grow up in Pennsylvania?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In his interview when he was drafted, he said something like...'now I get to beat up people legally'.

That's when I knew he was the right guy...with a beard.