Travis Frederick - hope he's doing good

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When I look at the start of the decline of the team, he was the first major domino to fall.
Decline of the team? Don't quote me on this but I'm fairly certain our winning % has been better since he retired (probably would be even better if he were still here).

Aside from that, last I heard he was getting involved in the software industry as his degree from Wisconsin was in Computer Science.

Motorola

Reaction score
Maaaan…..he needs to come back, unfulfilled potential. He likely got Guillain Barre from a virus, bacterial infection (campylobacter jejuni) or vaccine…..but healthy young people can make full recovery….I hope he didn’t think it had ANYTHING to do with football. If came back, man instant upgrade!
After missing the 2018 to seek treatment for GBS, Travis Frederick came back and played the 2019 season. -- and was awarded Pro Bowl Honors for his efforts.
He then decided the following spring that his post-GBS condition would prevent him from being a top-tier lineman in the NFL... and for the Cowboys - thus Frederick decided to call it a career.
He fullfilled his potential as sn NFL Player in my eyes.
Look up his performance.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
After missing the 2018 to seek treatment for GBS, Travis Frederick came back and played the 2019 season. -- and was awarded Pro Bowl Honors for his efforts.
He then decided the following spring that his post-GBS condition would prevent him from being a top-tier lineman in the NFL... and for the Cowboys - thus Frederick decided to call it a career.
He fullfilled his potential as sn NFL Player in my eyes.
Look up his performance.
I just think he had a lot more in him, young……

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'm glad you brought that up. Jimmy johnson didn't have 1st rounders at every position on the line. As a matter of fact, I don't know if he had any.
Granpaw. 1st round ol were rare back then. Don't confuse that with Jimmy being a genius

Pentagruel

Reaction score
I really hope he's doing good with his health and life after the game. When I look at the start of the decline of the team, he was the first major domino to fall.
I mean, aren’t we doing better now then when Fred was here? Of course I wish him well and I wish he was still on the team but I don’t think the team is in decline.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I really hope he's doing good with his health and life after the game. When I look at the start of the decline of the team, he was the first major domino to fall.
I haven't seen anything on him, but my guess if he was healthy his career than he should be doing fine

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If someone finds a update on him please post it. I'm curious how he is doing right now myself.
Frederick, with Peter Romenesko, co-founded Demiplane in 2019. Demiplane acts as a digital platform for various tabletop role-playing gametools such as game hosting and matchmaking along with digital compendiums for licensed games; the platform launched in 2020.[24][25]Frederick is the company's chief operating officer.[26] On the change of direction in his career, Frederick said, "I really enjoy the challenge of something new".[27]

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm glad you brought that up. Jimmy johnson didn't have 1st rounders at every position on the line. As a matter of fact, I don't know if he had any.
Jimmy wanted beef, I remeber reading somewhere it was calculated based on a trend that defenses where trending to the 3-4 more.....or something like that but yeah he brought in wieght with Step as the brains.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
It’s tough for any team to lose a star like Travis. If he was my son, I’d have wanted him out of the game. I hope he’s doing well, too.

Cmac

Reaction score
Decline of the oline
....wouldn't that be Zeke's fault? TFred missing was the beginning of the OL decline, for sure.....but let's go with Board consensus.......Zeke fault. Just shaking the leaves from the tree.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I love the player, but just cannot see them replacing Biaz at this time as he is an ascending player.
What says Biadasz is ascending?

PFF had him dropping this year into the bottom quarter of centers, from the bottom half the previous year.

I've been pulling for him for years. Loved the pick. And still do, cause we got a starter out of it. But he just hasn't become that good a player, and at best he seems to have plateaued as a bottom half of the league starter.

He's in his final year. I don't see us giving him free agent money, and I don't *want* to see us giving him free agent money. It's time to be looking for an upgrade. This year would be a good year, as we wouldn't have to have a day 1 starter. But that shouldn't keep us from drafting a C with a high pick either. This year we can just draft for value at C without a gun to our heads. Good year to pick our next C.

And with all the action at the skill positions, we're in great shape to draft the big boys for most of the draft. This is the year if a C falls to us.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What says Biadasz is ascending?

PFF had him dropping this year into the bottom quarter of centers, from the bottom half the previous year.

I've been pulling for him for years. Loved the pick. And still do, cause we got a starter out of it. But he just hasn't become that good a player, and at best he seems to have plateaued as a bottom half of the league starter.

He's in his final year. I don't see us giving him free agent money, and I don't *want* to see us giving him free agent money. It's time to be looking for an upgrade. This year would be a good year, as we wouldn't have to have a day 1 starter. But that shouldn't keep us from drafting a C with a high pick either. This year we can just draft for value at C without a gun to our heads. Good year to pick our next C.

And with all the action at the skill positions, we're in great shape to draft the big boys for most of the draft. This is the year if a C falls to us.
He was one of the most improved starters last yr

stuckindc

Reaction score
Just finished watching the 2016 game against the Steelers. Frederick running the show as we mailed their defense

TheBiG Z

Reaction score
Wore his jersey for the 2016 playoff game vs the packers. Was one of my favorite players at the time

Booger

Reaction score
Fredbeard was my boy. However...the slow erosion started when Dallas let Leary walk. JMO. Dude was a true road grader.