Recap: Travis Frederick "They did not play us like they play other teams"

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I honestly believe (and this is not hyperbole) 50%of the posters on this board could out-coach Garrett and 85% could do at least no worse. Of course there are about 15% on here that are truly clueless.
I have repeatedly sent my resume to Jerry. Very friendly terms if I don't perform equal to or better than an average NFL coach. (which means twice as good as Garrett is my floor). Can't understand why he hasn't flown me out yet.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Wingo, a Cowboy’s fan even knew what we knew. It was the dumbest play-calling the last drive I’ve seen in a long time. Now if it had worked, we’d be second level Belichick-smart. But it didn’t. We suck!

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Collinsworth pointed this out throughout the game. The Vikings did some things they typically don't do.

They scouted well and we had zero adjustments.

And when do the Cowboys do things that they typically don't do???? When do they make a key in-game adjustment?

WTH are we even paying these coordinators for anyway????? Moore, I'll cut him a little slack, he's young and learning. But the defense? That same vanilla BBDB every game????? COME ON, MAN!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wingo, a Cowboy’s fan even knew what we knew. It was the dumbest play-calling the last drive I’ve seen in a long time. Now if it had worked, we’d be second level Belichick-smart. But it didn’t. We suck!

:hammer:

It’s nice to read reaffirming comments that show that everyone sees what we see.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sounds like the Dallas players need more:

"SCRATCH & CLAW"
"FINISH THE FIGHT"
"DRIVEN"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Now Fredbeard is making excuses.

How about just beat the guy in front of you and stop talking.

Because Caveman football is out the window and players have to actually think instead of just going out and hoping they are more talented then the other team.

You have to get an edge somewhere and just playing hard and shutting up is ignoring problems.

You have to put players in the best position to succeed. If you're not doing that then you're creating a disadvantage that you have to overcome.

This is Garrett.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Did he say how they were different? I watched the Vikings-Chiefs game and I thought the Vikings did pretty much what they did against the Chiefs. Maybe the focused on the run more, blitzed less. The Chiefs showed more speed than the Cowboys have on offenses. They got a 91 yard run for a TD on a straight run up the middle and a long TD where a WR caught the ball, turned on the burners and ran right past the defenders. The Cowboys don;t have that kind of speed on offense.

Against the Chiefs the Vikings ran pretty much the same offense and I posted it before the game. They like to get the ball outside with Cook and get him in space with screen passes. Then they like to throw long to Diggs. The Cowboys did a pretty good job on Diggs but the let Cook get to many of hose screens in the first half. They seems fooled by the way the Vikings OL would block to the right and then Cousins would drop the screen pass to Cook on the left. That's what they like to do. They move Cousins around to avoid the pass rush.
And you my friend are correct, so the question still stands, IF you knew all of this before hand, *** didn't clap and his band of gaggling OC/DC/coaches know that and game plan to shut that crap down? What I witnessed in the very short brief time I gave up to even watch us lose at home I saw a repeat of the Rams NFCC game, only different names on the backs of the jerseys running down the field ahead of our sprawled out, air gasping defense....

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Sounds like the Dallas players need more:

"SCRATCH & CLAW"
"FINISH THE FIGHT"
"DRIVEN"
Naw man, those have been used up to their end. What we need from ole clappy *** clapper is a brand new, sparkey bam dozzel of a raa raa saying, I'm thinking something like ohh "git yoself up off da turf, or maybe wam bam thank ya mam... something along those lines ya know...

Eightneight

Reaction score
What I saw was Travis Frederick turn to the sidelines and yell at the coaches for the horrendous play calling at the end of the game. He realized the run wasn't working and was like "W T F are you you guys calling runs for with the game on the line here"? Of course that was after he got torched by the DT.