Travon Diggs and Daron Bland

diamonddelts

Reaction score
We hear this same wishful thinking every year. And every year somebody blows out a tendon. Especially after they sign a big contract.

It's football. Accept the fact that you will never have all your toys at one time.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Blame it on the dumbing down of America.
Dreadful names built on incorrect grammar and ignorance. Especially when it comes to the apostrophe. For example Tre'Davious White. Is he of or from the Davious?

Scotman

Reaction score
1. An Achilles is way different than an ACL.

2. ACL surgeries are so routine these days that rarely do you see a player have issues coming back from it.
I just said it reminds me of that situation. Hoping to have two studs at CB and one of them ends up hurt. Hoping that after the recovery nothing else keeps it from coming to fruition.

But, like I said, it just reminds me of it.

I know an Achilles isn't the same as an ACL. I also know the recovery for an ACL isn't as big a deal as it once was. But, look at Steele. Its not uncommon for recovery to take a little while. Steele's coming around, but it took a minute.

And...again...I just said it reminded me of it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We hear this same wishful thinking every year. And every year somebody blows out a tendon. Especially after they sign a big contract.

It's football. Accept the fact that you will never have all your toys at one time.
Pessimistic much?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That combination should put the fear of God in DC’s next year. If we don’t lose any key players on defense after we win the Super Bowl this year, this defense could be better than the Bears all time best defense.
Better than the 85 Bears? No elite defense struggles stopping the run like this unit has shown. Until that is fixed, they will never be an elite unit

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Better than the 85 Bears? No elite defense struggles stopping the run like this unit has shown. Until that is fixed, they will never be an elite unit
Exactly. Dallas run defense can't stop a nosebleed. They are certainly not elite. And should never be mentioned with any of the all time great defenses such as 2000s Tampa Bay /Baltimore or 80s Chicago.

quickccc

Reaction score
Do not expect anyone coming off a lower leg injury to immediately come back into pro bowl form the following year. Diggs will need time to get his mind willing to push his body like he used to on the field.
That's the approach I'm expecting too.
Wait and see what he looks like during the season.

- Rehab is tough enuff,.. and ACL can be a tricky, slow recovery thing that maybe more mental re-adjustment
than what it is physically.

- Diggs maybe actually 2 years away from his previous form,.. and it's not a given that he will return to
his previous All Pro form.

- That's also another reason why I would love to convince Gilmore to return. - not only a new slot CB role
that we can give him J-Lewis' $5 million to,..but Gilmore would also be excellent backup insurance to
either outside role.

quickccc

Reaction score
That's the approach I'm expecting too.
Wait and see what he looks like during the season.

- Rehab is tough enuff,.. and ACL can be a tricky, slow recovery thing that maybe more mental re-adjustment
than what it is physically.

- Diggs maybe actually 2 years away from his previous form,.. and it's not a given that he will return to
his previous All Pro form.

- That's also another reason why I would love to convince Gilmore to return. - not only a new slot CB role
that we can give him J-Lewis' $5 million to,..but Gilmore would also be excellent backup insurance to
either outside role.
Correction: Diggs broken foot at Bama ..not ACL .

Jumbo075

Reaction score
That combination should put the fear of God in DC’s next year. If we don’t lose any key players on defense after we win the Super Bowl this year, this defense could be better than the Bears all time best defense.
Bring Gilmore back too, if he wants to. We have Bland for at least another year before he has to be paid. No reason to not keep Gilmore in 2024.