Travon Diggs and Daron Bland

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
If Bland keeps up with the INTs....he's gonna hold out for an early new contract. He saw what happened to Diggs

Jerruh is gonna have an issue with the corners. You can't throw but so much money at the secondary.

And truthfully....how good would these guys be behind an average DLine? You just have to be careful to not dump all ur cap space into the 2ndary, and then not have the money to take care of the engine that really drives the defense and provides the corners with all these pickable passes: the relentless D linemen

Blackrain

Reaction score
That combination should put the fear of God in DC’s next year. If we don’t lose any key players on defense after we win the Super Bowl this year, this defense could be better than the Bears all time best defense.
Yep Rocky I was thinking the same thing the other day quite excited to see how diggs comes back from this injury and how the tandem of he and bland will shut down opponents passing game.
Would like to see us draft another stud defensive tackle as Mazi will mature and become more of a force breaking down the pocket should make those guys even more dominant

CCBoy

Reaction score
On his behalf, he did say after we win the Superbowl.
He was already aboard ship as we departed port at the start of this season...keep up with the ship list for departing future ports. Visas are required unless in possession of the authorizstion by the ship's captain.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is crazy:

DaRon Bland is the 3rd leading scorer on this team.

DaRon Bland has scored the same number of points as Saquan Barkley, Lamar Jackson, DaVonta Smith, Travis Kelce, George Kittle, D'Andre Swift, and Brandon Aiyuk to name a few,

John813

Reaction score
If Bland keeps up with the INTs....he's gonna hold out for an early new contract. He saw what happened to Diggs

Jerruh is gonna have an issue with the corners. You can't throw but so much money at the secondary.

And truthfully....how good would these guys be behind an average DLine? You just have to be careful to not dump all ur cap space into the 2ndary, and then not have the money to take care of the engine that really drives the defense and provides the corners with all these pickable passes: the relentless D linemen

Earliest he can hold out* is 2025-26 season.
*Where he'll incur $40k a day fines.
Unless he wants to fake an injury and "hold in".

When his extension actually kicks in, aka his 5th year, Diggs will be in year 3 of his extension. If Diggs is still doing well, they can restructure his deal while giving Bland min base salary + signing bonus proration in year 1 to keep that years cap hits low for both corners.
It's not fool proof, but these days it'll have to be severe malpractice by a GM to be in true cap hell.

visionary

Reaction score
That combination should put the fear of God in DC’s next year. If we don’t lose any key players on defense after we win the Super Bowl this year, this defense could be better than the Bears all time best defense.
Quitter
Go follow another team
Cowboys are focused on beating Seattle

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
This is crazy:

DaRon Bland is the 3rd leading scorer on this team.

DaRon Bland has scored the same number of points as Saquan Barkley, Lamar Jackson, DaVonta Smith, Travis Kelce, George Kittle, D'Andre Swift, and Brandon Aiyuk to name a few,
This is mental.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It should have been this season. Same with Overshown.

Scotman

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but this situation reminds me of signing Deion Sanders and then immediately losing Kevin Smith to that Achilles rupture. We never did see both of them at full speed together. I know that ACL injuries aren't the death knell they once were, but it still takes players a while to come back from them mentally. And some of the guys never play at full speed again. I am REALLY hoping that Diggs can hit the ground running (pun intended), but I'm still drafting a corner at some point next year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good news for Bland for next year is his injury was so early in the season.

You mean Diggs. Yes Physically he will be fine but there is typically a mental hurdle they need to overcome. Happens alot where the guys seem physically ready but tentative to push their bodies like they used to for fear of re-injury and as hard as they work in offseason it's not the same as a regular game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but this situation reminds me of signing Deion Sanders and then immediately losing Kevin Smith to that Achilles rupture. We never did see both of them at full speed together. I know that ACL injuries aren't the death knell they once were, but it still takes players a while to come back from them mentally. And some of the guys never play at full speed again. I am REALLY hoping that Diggs can hit the ground running (pun intended), but I'm still drafting a corner at some point next year.
1. An Achilles is way different than an ACL.

2. ACL surgeries are so routine these days that rarely do you see a player have issues coming back from it.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Would love to turn back the clock and give Bland the big deal. Let Diggs hold out and walk for comp pick.