Trent Dilfer said it best *Merge*

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I dont usually put my stock in what most of the ESPN commentators say, but I think Dilfer is becoming one of the best in the business. He obviously watches film and does a good job of breaking things down. He stated that the problem with this team is the lack of discipline and the LACK of ATTENTION to DETAILS.

He is 100 percent accurate we do not do the little things that take you from being a good team to a great team. Wade Phillips will never take this team to the next level because he is not built with the mentality that stresses or insists on that type of detail.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I like TD alot, he's real good. He's also a HUGE Romo fan...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, our defense has really deteriorated lately.

Funny, just a couple of weeks ago, Dilfer was totally on our bandwagon. One bad game from Romo and he's off?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Wasnt Parcells big on the whole 'attention to details' thing?

Diddnt seem to make much of a difference then.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2475082 said:

Funny, just a couple of weeks ago, Dilfer was totally on our bandwagon. One bad game from Romo and he's off?

I dont think he is off the bandwagon but he thinks we lost the game because we didnt do the little things that are necessary to win a tough road game in bad conditions. His analysis was right on, as was his film breakdown of a few key plays.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2475082 said:

Naw, he wasn't really knocking us, just pointing out that we have to pay more attention to detail and focus. I've heard him speak highly of Romo numerous tims. Infact, he damn near got into a argument with Cowherd regarding Romo... TD is cool and does a good job..

landryscorner

Reaction score
It's not hard for people that are just bandwagoners to jump off the train after this performance....17 unanswered points in the 4th, and 4 turnovers? what do you expect.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Mansta54;2475096 said:
Naw, he wasn't really knocking us, just pointing out that we have to pay more attention to detail and focus. I've heard him speak highly of Romo numerous tims. Infact, he damn near got into a argument with Cowherd regarding Romo... TD is cool and does a good job..

I agree, they should put the rest of those buffoons on mute. TD is intelligent and doesn't have an agenda.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
"Quarterbacks are selfish players. They only want to throw the ball to the open receiver."

Oh really? :rolleyes:

:lmao2:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
landryscorner;2475098 said:
It's not hard for people that are just bandwagoners to jump off the train after this performance....17 unanswered points in the 4th, and 4 turnovers? what do you expect.

It is deeper then that, it is about all the other little things that kill drives and lead to turnovers through out the game. The talent is there but if you dont execute at a high level on a consistent basis you wont take the next step towards becoming a great team. I dont see how any Cowboy fan who watches all the games and argue that we are a well coached team.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2475101 said:
I agree, they should put the rest of those buffoons on mute. TD is intelligent and doesn't have an agenda.

Exactly!!!!! Did you hear those clowns tonite talking about TO again as usual.. I think they all have a man crush on TO and the Boyz...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Running the wrong route and throwing the ball to a ghost is hardly paying attention to little details. I'd say that's a biggun...:spanking:

CoCo

Reaction score
I typically like Dilfer's commentary.

I resist most perspectives that try to get definitive about what it takes to be a SB winner and definitive assessments of how each team fits that mold.

Its kind of funny to me that people treat building a champion as if its a definitive formula to be replicated. And yet if I build MY team to that formula it is still totally dependent on how someone else built THEIR team as to whether the team I built is sufficient or not.

One thing is proven. The Cowboys were insufficient yesterday versus that day's opponent in yesterday's circumstances.

Other than that, lots yet to prove next week and beyond which is what all other's mathematically still alive face as well.

I'm extremely bummed that we lost yesterday and how we lost. Most painful loss since last January's playoff exit. But I'm anxious to see us rally the troops for next week, not declare anything as definitively over except I guess the division title.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Mansta54;2475096 said:

That sounds like what I heard a while ago. Cowherd hated that he believed in us. :)

I agree with you guys that Dilfer is really good and unbiased -- one of the only ones on ESPN. So which plays was he highlighting tonight?

proline

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2475089 said:

You're right. Attention to detail makes no difference at all. :rolleyes:

Mansta54

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2475147 said:
That sounds like what I heard a while ago. Cowherd hated that he believed in us. :)

I agree with you guys that Dilfer is really good and unbiased -- one of the only ones on ESPN. So which plays was he highlighting tonight?

The Romo pic 6 of course and the Romo to Witten when Witten wasn't looking for the ball on the last drive..

Bach

Benched
Reaction score

So I guess no one should ever pay attention to details then?

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Yeah, Miami really sucks don't they.

They don't have 1/2 the talent that Dallas does and they are in the same boat as Dallas.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
That game should have never come down to 13-13. The defense gave up 7 points, and the Steelers scored 13 points off turn overs.

The offense had plenty of chances to win the game, and they didn't do it. Then, the special teams sprung a huge leak like usual.