Trent Dilfer said it best *Merge*

Batman

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2475167 said:
Yeah, Miami really sucks don't they.

They don't have 1/2 the talent that Dallas does and they are in the same boat as Dallas.

Parcells has full control in Miami. He no longer has to deal with Jerry Jones interfering and complicating matters.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2475167 said:
Yeah, Miami really sucks don't they.

They don't have 1/2 the talent that Dallas does and they are in the same boat as Dallas.

:hammer:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;2475162 said:
So I guess no one should ever pay attention to details then?

The OP suggests

Wade Phillips will never take this team to the next level because he is not built with the mentality that stresses or insists on that type of detail.

When we had a coach like that with similar results.

The players are just stupid, its the only thing to explain it.

Reaction score
Doomsday;2475079 said:
I dont usually put my stock in what most of the ESPN commentators say, but I think Dilfer is becoming one of the best in the business. He obviously watches film and does a good job of breaking things down. He stated that the problem with this team is the lack of discipline and the LACK of ATTENTION to DETAILS.

He is 100 percent accurate we do not do the little things that take you from being a good team to a great team. Wade Phillips will never take this team to the next level because he is not built with the mentality that stresses or insists on that type of detail.

Dilfer is brilliant...THE ONLY ONE ON THAT CHANNEL WORTH LISTENING TO.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2475182 said:
The OP suggests

Wade Phillips will never take this team to the next level because he is not built with the mentality that stresses or insists on that type of detail.

When we had a coach like that with similar results.

The players are just stupid, its the only thing to explain it.

I'd say that we had guys like QC, Vinny and Bledsoe starting for us for all but half a season while BP was here too.

Romo has his own issues but he's much better than those guys. And we'd be much better if we paid attention to details regardless of what happened when BP was here.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm not certain what to say about specific plays. But there are some things that appear pretty safe bets.

1. This defense is a handful right now.
2. Romo makes too many mistakes
3. Dallas plays the field position game poorly and you can wrap up all the mistakes, ST play, and turnovers in that ball of wax.
4. Romo is an elite QB who still needs to learn when to play protectively and safely.
5. I hate Pittsburg more than ever.
6. The amount of injuries is getting into the unbelieveable range now.
7. We control our destiny.
8. I doubt anyone really wants to play us right now.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
...he pointed out that Romo was free-lancing and not throwing the ball where plays were designed. I didn't catch the entire segment, but I did see where he showed the 4th down play at the end of the game. Dilfer pointed out it was a classic play against zone defense and it was a good play designed for Crayton to get the ball. However, Romo free-lanced and tried to back shoulder Witten, who wasn't even looking for the pass. That wasn't the design of the play. The play would have worked exactly like it was designed because Crayton would have had an easy completion and been able to run a long way.

He said "free-lancing" and "lack of attention to detail" were the things that were killing the Cowboys.