Trent Richardson Released

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
@rand_getlin
The #Colts announce they have waived RB Trent Richardson.
4:10pm - 12 Mar 15

Anyone can run behind our line...:)

He was released but was only wondering how many people would enter here with steam in their eyes saying" No"

200.gif

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
This is the same sort of logic that saddled us with Brandon Weeden.

Weeden can't play special teams. I am by no means advocating for Richardson to start, but he could return kicks, punts, and get some carries in this offense.

While I get what you're saying, comparing a back up QB to a RB that can play snaps in both offense and special teams is definitely an apples to oranges issue.

Spectre

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bringing him to camp on a one year deal. I guess it just depends how high the team was on him when he was drafted. If Garrett liked him in the draft, I bet he is signed.

Not saying he is good but he was decent his rookie year(considering his team) and he obviously wasn't a fit with the Colts.

Some of you don't seem to realize just how awful of a rb he is.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Some of you don't seem to realize just how awful of a rb he is.

the only good thing he did was truck that thug coleman in his rookie year...he is probably the only running back in high school , college and yes nfl...that could not run behind this line.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is bad when Cleveland sends ya packing and even worse when a run-starved team(Indy) can't wait to get rid of you.

He has 7 fumbles in 46 games and he hasn't produced since his rookie season.

He flat out stinks............

vaturkey

Reaction score
Have to admit. I surprised how bad he sucks. Has zero vision, no moves and little power. Pretty soon he will be slinging hash at a restaurant and cleaning tables.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
He's the Keith Rivers of running backs. A first round talent who's proven to be a complete bust.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
What's odd about Richardson is that he was a great college RB. Something happened when he got to the pros. He either lost the drive to compete, isn't smart enough to get the playbook, or started running with the wrong people. I can't believe a guy who produced like that in college isn't capable of doing the same in the NFL. Both Ingram and Lacy who played for Alabama before and after him are great backs and neither looked better than him at Alabama.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
I believe he lost motivation and started gaining weight, if we were to sign him on the cheap, see if he can get it going it be nice cause if it don't work out you cut him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What's odd about Richardson is that he was a great college RB. Something happened when he got to the pros. He either lost the drive to compete, isn't smart enough to get the playbook, or started running with the wrong people. I can't believe a guy who produced like that in college isn't capable of doing the same in the NFL. Both Ingram and Lacy who played for Alabama before and after him are great backs and neither looked better than him at Alabama.

Too fat imo