Trevon Diggs is the Most Underrated Cowboy, Possibly Ever

erod

Reaction score
Nobody hates him, or hates on him...

OK..

Facts are facts.

I don't care about stats. It's obvious teams go after him because he takes chances and gives receivers a lot of room on routes.

kskboys

Reaction score
11 INTs hasn't been done in decades, though, by any player for any team.

Yet, still, not in the conversation as much because he plays corner, the INTs are rare (so expectations of an 11 INT repeat are low), and Micah Parsons overshadows his limelight.

Still, though, I'll take both of them. They both make each other better. Trevon helps Parsons be more successful, and vice versa, and a lot of people don't mention Diggs when talking about great players on the Cowboys defense right now. He's also a good teammate, team player.

So, he's been very underrated by fans. That's all I'm saying.

Also, the term was "possibly." I'm saying an argument can be made.

He doesn't play two positions very well. But that's not necessary for him to be great at his position.

Our fans were ruined by Deion's flashy runbacks. Cornerbacks around here haven't gotten much love since him. Then again, Deion never got 11.

Diggs' talent can help you win a SB. Not a player who just holds it down well enough to come along for the ride. He has that level of talent. Parsons and Diggs both do.
Xavien Howard had 10 in 20.

Can't rate any player by one stat. Too many factors. I do love the 11, though, for sure!!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Xavien Howard had 10 in 20.

Can't rate any player by one stat. Too many factors. I do love the 11, though, for sure!!!!
Defensive TOs were so far and few between...maddening. I'll take the 11 and give up a few big plays for them...just for the excitement of it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Defensive TOs were so far and few between...maddening. I'll take the 11 and give up a few big plays for them...just for the excitement of it.
Not me. I'm more about aiming for the super bowl!!! Don't get me wrong, love the picks, but I'd trade a few of them for tighter coverage.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not me. I'm more about aiming for the super bowl!!! Don't get me wrong, love the picks, but I'd trade a few of them for tighter coverage.
Cool. I understand your point.

But...you aren't making it to the Super Bowl without them (picks/TOs) anyway.

kskboys

Reaction score
Cool. I understand your point.

But...you aren't making it to the Super Bowl without them (picks/TOs) anyway.
Yes you are, if the tradeoff is tighter coverage.

In the playoffs, you're facing better QB's, and those picks often go away anyway.

DFWJC

Reaction score
One of biggest exaggerations….possibly ever!:muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes you are, if the tradeoff is tighter coverage.

In the playoffs, you're facing better QB's, and those picks often go away anyway.
how so?? I realize its common sense rigt but it isnt a fact. Brett Farve and Pmannig gave up a ton of picks, goff wentz...

Farve hes a HOF qb that couldnt get past us in the playoffs' was also known for gift here and theres eli,. How about Hurts, Garoppolo, and even players like Tannehill and this season, didn't the DC win the 96 sb over 2 picks by qb in the SB..?? didn't Aikman in the NFCCG have 2-3 INTs? didnt Wilson throw a pick from the 2 yard line to lose a sb? Im sure lamar throws picks, you act like those great qbs dont make mistakes i get why you sad it but not always true Defense wins championship used to be the mantra.

these are just from memory,..im sure theres more.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's the go to for some posters.

If your opinions don't match their own you're a "hater". It's a very elementary way of looking at things.

I think crowning a young guy after 1 good season or writing a young guy off after 1 bad season is incredible foolish.

If they're good or bad after 3 years then you have a better idea of what you have.
That’s what I believe as well. Let’s see how he does this season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ridiculous thread title. Diggs has only played two seasons and he’s possibly the most underrated Cowboys player ever? Lol He’s gotten a lot of respect from Cowboys fans due to his playmaking ability and he gets respect from those who cover football but he does give up a lot of plays. It’s been feast or famine with him but everyone seems to be very high on him. He takes a lot of chances and gets fooled with double moves. For every 2 or 3 plays he makes he gives up a play. I noticed later in the season he wasn’t taking as many chances. His INT’s started to slow down but also the plays made against him were slowing down. He’s still a developing player and I expect him to get better.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
So many fans think the yards he gave up degrades his value. But how may teams would be willing to give up a few hundred yards to acquire 11 interceptions?

I can't understand all the hate Diggs gets over his style of play. It's like fans don't understand that you have to take chances to get INTs.

To get 11, a player has to make the right gambles. And Diggs does that.

Totally underrated player.
Diggs gave up allot of yards in garbage time. When team were just chucking it up and Dallas was playing the prevent,. Media just hate this team and will always point at this teams garbage time stats but will never mention opposing teams stats when they're already blown out

kskboys

Reaction score
how so?? I realize its common sense rigt but it isnt a fact. Brett Farve and Pmannig gave up a ton of picks, goff wentz...

Farve hes a HOF qb that couldnt get past us in the playoffs' was also known for gift here and theres eli,. How about Hurts, Garoppolo, and even players like Tannehill and this season, didn't the DC win the 96 sb over 2 picks by qb in the SB..?? didn't Aikman in the NFCCG have 2-3 INTs? didnt Wilson throw a pick from the 2 yard line to lose a sb? Im sure lamar throws picks, you act like those great qbs dont make mistakes i get why you sad it but not always true Defense wins championship used to be the mantra.

these are just from memory,..im sure theres more.
Favre won one super bowl.

However, those are just exceptions. You want to shut down playoff QB's, you do it w/ tight coverage and DLine disruption.

Great QB's make fewer mistakes, so you cannot rely on the pick.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Favre won one super bowl.

However, those are just exceptions. You want to shut down playoff QB's, you do it w/ tight coverage and DLine disruption.

Great QB's make fewer mistakes, so you cannot rely on the pick.
which cause INTS...stop ok its not an exception all things are possible; in playoff games we saw many great qbs turn the ball over to great defenses which include ball hawk DBS..smh..diggs can be a difference maker and maybe some of the chunk yards he gives up can be concern but his analytics say otherwise as hes not giving up the big scores..

hes elite already and if you cant see that and his ceiling not set the dude instincts and physical tools like Parsons are not to be questioned also add both have that special drive to want to be the best you can see it..maybe he wont get 11 ints a year but for sure he will get the league average or more of top Corners. Its just who he is..