Trick question: Which team had the most successful season -- Cowboys or Raiders?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
OK, the Raiders had the most successful season.

The Raiders will pick high in the draft.

The Cowboys stunk it up the last several games and will pick low.

The only winner in the Cowboys' organization is Jerra, who sold lots of tickets, jerseys and Pepsis.

So, with the first pick in the draft, Cowboys should pick . . .

The best safety/CB available.

Seriously. Because our secondary stunk it up so bad that we lost the to N.O., and the lowly Lions and Seahawks. And at least we'll draft ahead of the real playoff contenders.

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score
they played fine last night, Henry had an awesome pass breakup in the endzone, and the int. Newman had that nice tip for the int. Watkins did alright i guess, i like his run support, he seems to be better than davis, and RW well eh

DipChit

Reaction score
Well considering MBIII who isnt exactly LT, still scored more TD's himself than the Raiders as a whole.. I'd have to say.. us. ;)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GimmeTheBall!;1298658 said:

The Cowboys stunk it up the last several games and will pick low.

The only winner in the Cowboys' organization is Jerra, who sold lots of tickets, jerseys and Pepsis.

So, with the first pick in the draft, Cowboys should pick . . .

The best safety/CB available.

Seriously. Because our secondary stunk it up so bad that we lost the to N.O., and the lowly Lions and Seahawks. And at least we'll draft ahead of the real playoff contenders.

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Our Lb's are as much to blame, if not more than the CB's, which is scary. Kitna basically called our LB's, Brady in particular, a joke. Called 'em right out. That's right....Kitna, from the Detroit Lions...............

Couple that with some pi$$poor safety play and we've got some real problems on D.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
But you gotta admit, Sarge, that Carpenter showed lots of promise. he touched the ball three times and harrassed the passer a couple of times.
I say we trade Bradie for a haircut for Carpenter.
I am liking this kid Carpenter more and more.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Oakland, they got a better draft pick AND they didnt go anywhere.

As for us........

We have a horrible draft pick AND we didnt go anywhere, just like oakland..

;)

We did although, find our Quarterback of the future, find out what minor tweaks need to be done this offseason(fire Zimmer and OL coach, get Wayne Nunnely and Falcons OL coach, and get a couple key players here and there for LB position, DL and FS, and we are good to go for 07)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Sarge;1298673 said:
Our Lb's are as much to blame, if not more than the CB's, which is scary. Kitna basically called our LB's, Brady in particular, a joke. Called 'em right out. That's right....Kitna, from the Detroit Lions...............

Couple that with some pi$$poor safety play and we've got some real problems on D.

Yeah, notice it was after the game. kitna watched film for a week, wish he would have said it before the game. Big meanie.:D

The Curly One

Reaction score
The Cowboys or the Raiders? Duh! The Cowboys had the better season, we got rid of Larry Allen! Who would be stupid enough to take him? That right there makes them losers. Curly

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
The Curly One;1299029 said:
The Cowboys or the Raiders? Duh! The Cowboys had the better season, we got rid of Larry Allen! Who would be stupid enough to take him? That right there makes them losers. Curly

Are you insinuating that the Raiders signed Larry Allen after we cut him?

Just for the record, Allen was signed by the 49ERs, not the Raiders.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GimmetheBall, you would not consider 2-14 successful if that was in fact our record. Having the #1 pick is an embarassment. I was glad we were able to draft Troy Aikman, but it was a symbol of how low our organization had sunk. We had the miracle of Jimmy Johnson to pull us out of the dumps or lord only knows where we would've headed, even with Troy. If we had finished 2-14 this season, you'd be complaining about how we're the worst team in the league. There's always something to be upset about unless you win the Super Bowl.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Someone should archive this thread and ask the thread starter if we had a successful season if WE went 2-14.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1299132 said:
Someone should archive this thread and ask the thread starter if we had a successful season if WE went 2-14.
Documents&

Put down the pitchfork or the torch! Frankenstein here is unarmed!

It was, I think, a legitimate question, albeit a trick one.

But, really, right now, the Raiders, unless they've traded it away with crazy Uncle Al's permission, will have the number one draft pick. We will only have the laurel of backing into the playoffs after playing poorly and poorly still in the playoffs, going one and out and a much lower draft pick.

We can all have different opinions.

You, too, can answer the question if you want. :)

(Canadians are cool. My grandpa dropped them over northern france on nighttime flights. He said they were brave boys, just like our own.:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

amuze

Reaction score
Daymeion Hughes from California. He's a great CB who's big enough to slide to FS is necessary.

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1298658 said:

On 05 February 2007, all 31 losing teams will be in the same position, and the Raiders will have the jump on ALL of them. Raiders have some guys on defense, but too bad they messed up with the 2nd-player-overall bust, Gallery.

Saints also have a few extra picks(a 3rd for Stallworth and a 5th, I think, for Bennett).

jay cee

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1299446 said:
We should draft the best CB in the draft and move Henry to FS

I don't know CC. I don't think I want them drafting a defensive player in rd 1, unless he can go get the QB. This team has to get more pressure on the qb to be successful.

But I really hope they can strengthen the O-line. That IMO, is what's keeping them from being an offensive juggernaut.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Having the top pick doesn't guarantee anything. There have been a few teams to draft near the top for several years and went nowhere.

Oakland is also more than one player away from getting good. Their defense played pretty fair for most of the season, but they have some age along their front line. Also, opposing teams could be very conservative against the Raiders' defense since they knew the Raider's offense would not score many points. That is why the Raiders' defense was 3rd in yards allowed, but 18th in points allowed. Their 32nd ranked offense in yards gained and points scored left the D in bad position in every game.

I would take the Dallas season over the Raiders season every year. I hope for more out of the Cowboys, but there is no reason to expect the worse like Oakland.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GimmeTheBall!;1299300 said:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Valued%20Customer.
VALUED-MH42G65B/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Frankenstine%20mob.jpg

Put down the pitchfork or the torch! Frankenstein here is unarmed!

It was, I think, a legitimate question, albeit a trick one.

But, really, right now, the Raiders, unless they've traded it away with crazy Uncle Al's permission, will have the number one draft pick. We will only have the laurel of backing into the playoffs after playing poorly and poorly still in the playoffs, going one and out and a much lower draft pick.

We can all have different opinions.

You, too, can answer the question if you want. :)

(Canadians are cool. My grandpa dropped them over northern france on nighttime flights. He said they were brave boys, just like our own.:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Frankenstein's Monster needs to learn that he can not take pictures on his own computers hard drive and make them show up in a thread.

Frankenstein's Monster needs to learn that he must upload them to a image hosting site first.

Frankenstein's Monster must learn that only avatars can be uploaded directly from his home puter.

Frankenstein's Monster should also learn not to equate a 2-14 team to a team that made a wildcard spot.

If Frankenstein's Monster team went 2-14 he would be downing valium from a pez dispenser and attacking villagers.

Frankenstein's Monster...needs to take a nap.