Trick question: Which team had the most successful season -- Cowboys or Raiders?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1299532 said:
Frankenstein's Monster needs to learn that he can not take pictures on his own computers hard drive and make them show up in a thread.

Frankenstein's Monster needs to learn that he must upload them to a image hosting site first.

Frankenstein's Monster must learn that only avatars can be uploaded directly from his home puter.

Frankenstein's Monster should also learn not to equate a 2-14 team to a team that made a wildcard spot.

If Frankenstein's Monster team went 2-14 he would be downing valium from a pez dispenser and attacking villagers.

Frankenstein's Monster...needs to take a nap.

:laugh2:

I was looking for the smiley, but, eek! there was none. But, thanks for the technical advice, there, big buddy. I hope you did not take it personally, being that the reference was directed at another. And you can stifle anyone you want if you get riled. So don't get riled. Please. :D

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
If you define success by which team sucked worse and got a higher pick, something is wrong with you

locked&loaded

Reaction score
the secondary can cover forever, if we got some sort of pressure than it would be different. no corner can cover for to long. when you let a qb sit in the pocket for 3+ seconds your hurtin.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1300632 said:
If you define success by which team sucked worse and got a higher pick, something is wrong with you

Bottom line. Raiders and Cowboys will be watching the Super Bowl as fans/bystanders.
The difference is the Raiders will pick higher. Waaay higher. NFL doesn't give extra points for a better win-loss record. On draft day, the fact that a team defeated Indy and the Giants and Atlanta and the other stuggled to win two, won't mean squat.
But if you choose to ignore this truism, well, something is wrong wit you. :)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1300695 said:

Bottom line. Raiders and Cowboys will be watching the Super Bowl as fans/bystanders.
The difference is the Raiders will pick higher. Waaay higher. NFL doesn't give extra points for a better win-loss record. On draft day, the fact that a team defeated Indy and the Giants and Atlanta and the other stuggled to win two, won't mean squat.

There is nothing true about saying the worse you suck the more successful your season was

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GimmeTheBall!;1300695 said:

So what? They will pick higher, but they have waaay more problems than us, so that higher pick won't help much. Whoever they select could be a bust just like Gallery was when they had the #2 pick. I'll take an above .500 team with some playoff experience under its belt over a 2-14 team with no clue whether or not they'll be any better next season any day.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1300824 said:
So what? They will pick higher, but they have waaay more problems than us, so that higher pick won't help much. Whoever they select could be a bust just like Gallery was when they had the #2 pick. I'll take an above .500 team with some playoff experience under its belt over a 2-14 team with no clue whether or not they'll be any better next season any day.

Who said the stinking Raiders were better or would be better?
Who?
What I am saying, and I am trying to phrase it so that everyone can understand in simple terms, :rolleyes: is a simple question:
Which team, come next spring, will have achieve more?:banghead:
I don't know about you mamacita, but I covet a good draft number.
Bottom line (again) is you can spout and struggle and boil, oil and trouble all you want and even go to the playoffs and go one and out, but unless you win the Super Bowl, the NFL does not hand out second or third or fourth or fifth place trophies.
So, in a simple way, lowly teams like the Raiders and Lions will achieve more by next spring.
If that is a difficult concept, maybe the public library is open. It's a great place to gain perspective on premises and bottom lines and end results.
Amen. Feel free to comment further.
:laugh1:

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I'll have to find it again but a study by some economists, I wanna say they were Ivy Leaguers, showed that having high draft choices is actually a detriment to improving. Cost/Benefit analysis showed that early second rounders gave the most bang for the buck.

I'l try to dig it up.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1301457 said:
Who?
What I am saying, and I am trying to phrase it so that everyone can understand in simple terms, :rolleyes: is a simple question:
Bottom line (again) is you can spout and struggle and boil, oil and trouble all you want and even go to the playoffs and go one and out, but unless you win the Super Bowl, the NFL does not hand out second or third or fourth or fifth place trophies.
So, in a simple way, lowly teams like the Raiders and Lions will achieve more by next spring.
If that is a difficult concept, maybe the public library is open. It's a great place to gain perspective on premises and bottom lines and end results.

yup those top 5 pickes every year are really showing their greatness now arent they. Achivement indeed :laugh2:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GimmeTheBall!;1301457 said:
Who?

Go back to junior college. The Lions and Raiders have been picking high for years. What has it gotten them? Their premises, bottom lines and end results are pretty sorry. Amen.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1298658 said:
OK, the Raiders had the most successful season.

The Raiders will pick high in the draft.

The Cowboys stunk it up the last several games and will pick low.

The only winner in the Cowboys' organization is Jerra, who sold lots of tickets, jerseys and Pepsis.

So, with the first pick in the draft, Cowboys should pick . . .

The best safety/CB available.

Seriously. Because our secondary stunk it up so bad that we lost the to N.O., and the lowly Lions and Seahawks. And at least we'll draft ahead of the real playoff contenders.

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Dumbest idea i have ever heard you play to win, not to draft otherwise your drafting to draft to draft. dumb you play to win if you don't hey guess what there are 30 other teams that didn't as well.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trick question: Which team had the most successful season -- Cowboys or Raiders?
We did. We found our QB of the future.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
J.Jones21;1301653 said:
Dumbest idea i have ever heard you play to win, not to draft otherwise your drafting to draft to draft. dumb you play to win if you don't hey guess what there are 30 other teams that didn't as well.

Trying to see where one sentence ended and one began. But thx for the response and your supportive comments.:)

Don Corleone

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1298685 said:
But you gotta admit, Sarge, that Carpenter showed lots of promise. he touched the ball three times and harrassed the passer a couple of times.
I say we trade Bradie for a haircut for Carpenter.
I am liking this kid Carpenter more and more.

I agree completely. My only question is...why didn't Carpenter start sooner?

The guy was a beast the other night. Had he had better hands, he could have scored a TD on an interception.

Same goes for Aaron Glenn...ohhh the opportunities we had! :banghead:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Don Corleone;1302128 said:
I agree completely. My only question is...why didn't Carpenter start sooner?

The guy was a beast the other night. Had he had better hands, he could have scored a TD on an interception.

Same goes for Aaron Glenn...ohhh the opportunities we had! :banghead:

Typical Parcells. He wanted to keep Carpenter under wraps. And early on I agreed because the lad was a rookie and was learning the system.
I do think Carpenter could have come in games earlier.

In Parcells' universe, a rookie has to come around slowly. I generally agree with that. But there are some monsters, such as Ware and Carpenter, who can be brought in quickly.

Parcells, who was loathe to say anything nice about Romo when Romo was red-hot earlier in the year, also kept mum about Carpenter.

Hardheaded Parcells. I hope we can wave fondly at Parcells soon. Time to start a new era with this very talented group of Cowboy players who have underachieved under Parcells and his "system" whatever that is.:D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GimmeTheBall!;1299814 said:

I was looking for the smiley, but, eek! there was none. But, thanks for the technical advice, there, big buddy. I hope you did not take it personally, being that the reference was directed at another. And you can stifle anyone you want if you get riled. So don't get riled. Please. :D

No biggie.

If you ever need to know how to upload a picture let me know, I will help you out.:cool:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
OK, the Raiders had the most successful season.

The Raiders will pick high in the draft.

The Cowboys stunk it up the last several games and will pick low.

The only winner in the Cowboys' organization is Jerra, who sold lots of tickets, jerseys and Pepsis.

So, with the first pick in the draft, Cowboys should pick . . .

The best safety/CB available.

Seriously. Because our secondary stunk it up so bad that we lost the to N.O., and the lowly Lions and Seahawks. And at least we'll draft ahead of the real playoff contenders.

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Losers mentality ..... A team could never win anything thinking like this.

DipChit

Reaction score
Actually in the "old" days of the NFL one coulda make a better argument here.

Since there was no FA messing with the landscape..were you get either can get, or can lose, some pretty decent players every year, it was almost a case where if you werent good enough to compete you were just as well better off to be one of the worst teams recordwise when the season ended.

Prolly no surprise that in the case of all the Dynastys of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's the teams were all pretty much hideous before they made their ascent. Not that drafting stoopid high for a few years running was any guarantee.. ask the Bengals.. but it's what made it possible.

If you were 8-8, 9-7 every year it was really hard to get over the hump. You just spun your wheels.

Now it doesnt really matter much.. we see teams go from 10-6 to 6-10 +/- and back like clockwork every year no matter who is drafting where.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DipChit;1302980 said:
Actually in the "old" days of the NFL one coulda make a better argument here.

Since there was no FA messing with the landscape..were you get either can get, or can lose, some pretty decent players every year, it was almost a case where if you werent good enough to compete you were just as well better off to be one of the worst teams recordwise when the season ended.

Prolly no surprise that in the case of all the Dynastys of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's the teams were all pretty much hideous before they made their ascent. Not that drafting stoopid high for a few years running was any guarantee.. ask the Bengals.. but it's what made it possible.

If you were 8-8, 9-7 every year it was really hard to get over the hump. You just spun your wheels.

Now it doesnt really matter much.. we see teams go from 10-6 to 6-10 +/- and back like clockwork every year no matter who is drafting where.

It was different back then. Dallas was able to attain a high level and maintain it with good drafting. There was a lot of turnover between the team that won Superbowl VI and the one that won Superbowl XII. A look at the Cowboys official web site and you will see only three guys who were starters on both teams, Jethro Pugh, Cliff Harris and Roger Staubach. That is some good drafting to win the big game a second time with a nearly completly different team 6 years later.