Triumph Sports signing session

actual29

Reaction score
hey guys
im an avid reader of the zone
and wanted to know if any of you guys were goin to the triumph sports signing session. www.triumphsports.com

this'll be my first time going and i also wanted to know of any past experiences (good and bad) anyone would like to share.

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
I went to their show a couple years ago when they had their Cowboys-Steelers spectacular to get Emmitt, Troy and Irvin to sign some jerseys I have of theirs. I thought they were organized, but as far as price they were very high compared to other shows in the area. But I signed up anyways since it was the only one that had all three that year.

Experience was good as I you do get to say a few words to the players as they are signing. And you can pose for picture with them if you like (although if you want a full stand up pose...fork out the $300). Be sure to remember that camera.

My favorite moment was when Roy was signing a picture for me and the booth to the right had Michael Irvin signing. Roy kept singing "Like Mike, I want to be like Mike!" I thought it was hilarious.

Overal I liked it and would not trade my collection for anything. I have three authentic jersey signed by 2HOF's and one soon to be HOF hanging in my football room that remind me of the good ole days whenever we lose in some bizarre way.

Get some pictures and let us know how the show goes.

fweegy

Reaction score
I have gone every year for the past 4-5. I don't know if I am going this year, the only guy I am interested in is Romo, but he wants $150.00 to sign my helmet. I don't think I want to pay that much for a still unproven dude. I'll wait and see if anyone is added, lots of times, less then 2 weeks before the event they add people.

actual29

Reaction score
thanks guys

ive never (sad to say it) met a dallas cowboy!!!
and it kills me!
so i cant wait to go this year and get my footballs and helmet signed...
:bow:

what are some of the other shows in the area that you are referring to?

notherbob

Reaction score
Wow! This is a revelation. I had no idea that anyone would be willing to pay that kind of money for somebody's autograph. Apparently things have changed more than I thought since the last time I stuck my head up and looked around.

I can see right now that being a modern fan is not for the financial light-weights or the faint-hearted.

notherbob

Reaction score
Bump.

I admit it, I was shocked at how much money people are willing to pay to support their football addiction, and let's face it, we are addicts. Do we not go bonkers when the NFL takes our drug of choice away from us for six months at a time to whet our appetites for more? Do we not spend bunches of money in an effort to find a poor substitute in the off-season? For most of us there's a lump of lead feeling in the pit of our stomach that stays there until the first pre-season scrimmage or game and is only slowly relieved until real football starts in September.

Looking around the league, it doesn't seem to be unusual. I had thought JJones would have trouble lining up 50% more people to attend home games in the new stadium than in the old stadium and at higher prices, but now I think he won't have much trouble filling it up at all. I no longer care to be around or in crowds anymore and I seem to have become allergic to traffic jams and noise of all kinds so I don't plan on attending any games myself, I'll be content to watch it on TV from my easy chair.

Please understand, I'm not being critical here, only surprised. I had no idea the market for memorabilia was that high. The only piece of memorabilia I have is a Cowboys Coke glass that I got for free at a gas station for filling up with 8 gallons or more about 20-25 years or so ago so I haven't paid any attention to it. I quit using the glass because every time I drank from it during the games the Cowboys lost and I'm not superstitious or anything but I quit using that haunted glass years ago. ;) :rolleyes:

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
First rule of thumb for autograph collectors, get the autograph during their rookie season, as for the most part they only charge about 30 to 35 dollars. I did that with Julius and Jason and I do not regret it. Most times you can get linemen and defensive players very cheaply, it is the QB, RB and WR that kill you for autographs. If you want an inscription like HOF 2007, be prepared to pay more. Also, look online if you want a mini-helmet to be signed and bring it to the show. Most times the helmets are a little more at the show.

Just my 2 cents...

actual29

Reaction score
JakeCamp12;1423298 said:
First rule of thumb for autograph collectors, get the autograph during their rookie season, as for the most part they only charge about 30 to 35 dollars. I did that with Julius and Jason and I do not regret it. Most times you can get linemen and defensive players very cheaply, it is the QB, RB and WR that kill you for autographs. If you want an inscription like HOF 2007, be prepared to pay more. Also, look online if you want a mini-helmet to be signed and bring it to the show. Most times the helmets are a little more at the show.

Just my 2 cents...
great advice..

im actually gettin a full size helmet for ware, witten & r. williams autograph on it. and im going to get aikman on a special edition cowboys football.
im kind of reluctant to get romo because he's very expensive for a player that hasnt even played a full season. just the thought of him being just as expensive as aikman and ray lewis just doesnt sit right (even tho i love romo)

actual29

Reaction score
oh...in your opinions...
should i get marion barber's too?
i mean... id hate to get it if he's not going to be here in a few seasons.
but he's pretty inexpensive so im not sure if i should just get his on the helmet as well.

:huh: