Trojan workout tops pro day

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
April 2
www.gbnreport.com(12:01 AM): Trojan workout tops pro day sked… Just about ayone who is anyone among personnel people around the NFL will be in Los Angeles later today for the Southern California on-campus workout which could feature the first two players taken at the 2006 draft later this month in RB Reggie Bush and QB Matt Leinart. While neither player either participated in the Senior Bowl or worked out at the Scouting Combine, Leinart, who is still locked in a battle with Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt and Texas’ Vince Young for the top grade among QBs, will face considerably more scrutiny today than Bush who appears to be a virtual lock to be selected first overall by Houston. Other Trojans to watch today include RB LenDale White, OT Winston Justice, OGs Deuce Lutui and Fred Matua, TE Dominique Byrd, DBs Darnell Bing, Justin Wyatt, and John Walker, and DE Frostee Rucker.

If I'm the agent for Young or Cutler, there's no way that I don't give my client the opportunity to go head to head in shorts and T's.

I suppose that these players and agents think that the less information the better. But there's a lot money ridin' on being a top 3, 5, 10 pick, and if I really believe that my client (and most of all in todays NFL draft prep) I put my QB client up against M. Leinart on his pro day. If you're the #3 QB anyway, what do you lose?

PrimeTime22

Reaction score
USC's Pro Day

Bush lives up to the hype in just about every way, and White disappoints on the bench and may not even run a 40.

Who is William Buchanon? His measurables are outstanding.

Pokes28

Reaction score
Buchanon is a guy that couldn't find the field at USC. He had no stats for 2005 and had 4 catches for 15 yards in 2004. He was a prep-All American coming out of High School, but simply never did anything on the field.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
With this performance I think that Matua pulled even with, or ahead of, Lutui. Lutui has more versatility, but Matua has the mentality, the toughness, and the history (family and playing) that make him a more solid choice at this point IMO.