Troy Aikman and whether the Cowboys have a sense of entitlement

DandyDon52

Reaction score
End them? He loves them. He loves the attention it brings and it increases the value of his franchise.
the tours only bring in peanuts cash wise, I think it feeds jerrys ego because he thinks he designed the stadium, and people want to look at his work lol.

Plankton

Reaction score
It's not even the stadium - The Star is even worse. It's an immaculate facility - that removes any edge from anyone who works there. It makes me think of Rocky III, where Rocky trains for the first Clubber Lang fight in a ballroom with fans attending, taking pics, hawking memorabilia, etc. When the rematch happened? He trained in a hole in the wall gym in the LA ghetto. Mindset completely different.

Yes, I know it was a movie. But, the theme remains the same.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"A lot of distractions" is an indictment of the players, not the ownership group.

All the same things were happening in the 90s too.
Or maybe more so, despite modern media.

Coke on game day, scissor stabbings, that kind of thing, :)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's not even the stadium - The Star is even worse. It's an immaculate facility - that removes any edge from anyone who works there. It makes me think of Rocky III, where Rocky trains for the first Clubber Lang fight in a ballroom with fans attending, taking pics, hawking memorabilia, etc. When the rematch happened? He trained in a hole in the wall gym in the LA ghetto. Mindset completely different.

Yes, I know it was a movie. But, the theme remains the same.
to some degree i think this is a problem, not the actual facility but the access and the Owner/GM's need for Media over putting the work in...

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys players become rock stars, simply for being Cowboys. They don't have to actually win anything. We've seen that for years.

Nobody cared about the Patriots until they won. Nobody cared about the Chiefs until they won. They've cared about the Cowboys for decades.
Nobody cares about the Patriots now that they are losing again but when Dallas has a 5-win or 1-win season it is the lead.