Recap: Troy Aikman & Moose Johnston Shows - Ticket FM, Dallas

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Aikman
  • Cowboys defense was smothering. You could feel the momentum change when the FG was blocked. Giants actually played well that first series and physical. It was over though after the block and stadium was quiet. Same thing happened in Jets game when Rodgers went down.
  • 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys as dominant teams reminds me of way teams were built when I played. Strong defense, lines. You could point to which teams would be there in the end and were usually right. I see a little bit of that again. These 3 teams are built the same with focus on defensive front. Jets built that way too.
  • You have to get pressure on the QB now in today's league or you won't have success.
Moose
  • Cowboys were impressive. I agree with people though that say Giants could be better than last year but still not have good record as last year.
  • People were saying Cowboys had lucky breaks and ball went their way but... Jimmy Johnson had a great saying: "Luck follows speed."
  • Micah Parsons is still scratching surface. He wasn't a defensive end in college. We haven't seen his peak yet. I was impressed watching him pick the brain of OTs. He has insatiable desire to be the best ever. He is locked in.
  • Vinny Testaverde had same thing happen on week one as Aaron Rodgers.
  • Drew Brees - quick release, high anticipation - no one even in frame when he let the ball go. You see some of that in Brock Purdy. And he needs it to stay healthy.
  • I don't foresee same stomping with Jets as Giants. When Zach Wilson gets rattled, he deteriorates quickly. But last week he bounced back well from that and didn't do it the previous year. It was the best game I've seen him play. You can lean on your running game with Jets, Wilson just has to stay within himself.
https://www.theticket.com/2016/06/15/podcasts/

quickccc

Reaction score
" ... Strong defense, lines.. "

Seems that way with the top 3 NFC teams, and I know we were dominated on both sides of the ball.
We completely overwhelmed - and destroyed the Giants OL,

That first drive when we seemed to get moved out vs run, I attributed that to non-preseason rust, as many of our
starters did not even play any preseason games.
We got back into play mode, made the in-game adjustments, and knocked both Barkley and Danny Dimes around.

OL - I admit that I was worried about LG Chuma starting, but actually handled himself well vs the likes of Dexter
Lawrence and Leonard Williams, considering he was hurt most of camp, and this was just his first game back.
Giants for most part could not touch Dak, and our run game eventually wore them down .. even tiny Turpin ran on
their front for a surprise TD run up the gut.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
What can Wilson do after anticipating all week starting on Sunday?
Aaron Rodgers always looking to screw us somehow. After listening to Moose's take, I read an article on ESPN about Rodgers taking Wilson under his wing both before and after the injury. Made me wonder if that's why Moose observed that he didn't fold like last year. Rodgers in Coach mode now trying to save the kid's career.