Troy Aikman on the Dalton hit

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I agree with Aikman on this, but Amari was standing right there. If I'm a Pro Bowl WR, over my dead body are you doing my QB dirty like this.

Biadasz and Steele did look concerned when I rewatched the tape.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Nobody on or around this team has a set. Excuses and towing the company line, 24/7. MM is the only one who got mad, and for that I respect him. I'm not buying the "quiet concern" or that nobody saw it, or that MM was the reason the media ran with it. Garbage, all around.

Zordon

Reaction score
Disagree with Troy.

Moose said one of the closest teams he's ever played on was the 1-15 '89 team.

I don't buy the excuse that the players are young, interchangeable, "not tight", etc.

There is a softness that has permeated throughout this entire franchise and it was on full display on that play.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You'd think a OL would learn to protect his QB after a dirty shot in high school. I disagree with Aikman, as I believe this is just another indication this team is full of individual players rather than teammates.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Crawford should have rushed out there and punched someone. Would be the most contact he made all day.

You mean have his Limo take him over there....

giphy.gif

Kaiser

Reaction score
Nate Newton basically said the same thing. He even offered two examples involving himself where he reacted differently in each one. The first one involved him early in his career in a game with the Bears and Singletary laid out Steve Pelleur with a nasty hit and neither he nor anyone else did a damn thing. He then went on and said that if the same thing had happened to Troy later on in his career he would have went head hunting and that he played really chippy when it came to protecting Troy. His point was that the main thing to be taken from that hit by Bostic is NOT that the players don’t care if a teammate gets hurt (look at Cooper’s reaction to the Dalton hit. He clearly was concerned). The main thing to be taken is that these players don’t have any continuity with one another and subsequently don’t know, trust, and believe in each other. There’s little to no team bond.

Nate Newton: "Amari Cooper should have jumped in the middle of that like I did".

Amari Cooper: "I'll do that when I gain 200 pounds and I'm at your playing weight" .

Nate Newton: "Fair point".

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Troy would have ripped them a new one if it was him! He hate the boys cause he's not Jerry's pet!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Nate Newton: "Amari Cooper should have jumped in the middle of that like I did".

Amari Cooper: "I'll do that when I gain 200 pounds and I'm at your playing weight" .

Nate Newton: "Fair point".
Would have been nice to see someone shove the guy. Maybe that’s what we need. Frustration spills over and a bench clearing brawl happens. Flags and people flying around.

foofighters

Reaction score
Troy brings up a great point about the players not knowing each other well. It's a back up QB and back up linemen. In the COVID era, these guys have not had time to be around each other. As fans, we are so irritated that we want blood and those guys are out there looking like deer caught in the headlights. This is more on Jerry than anyone else.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Disagree with Troy.

Moose said one of the closest teams he's ever played on was the 1-15 '89 team.

I don't buy the excuse that the players are young, interchangeable, "not tight", etc.

There is a softness that has permeated throughout this entire franchise and it was on full display on that play.
They just don’t care. I don’t know what it is. I keep waiting for something to snap inside them. A spark.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, something to shock these guys out of their foxholes.

Zordon

Reaction score
They just don’t care. I don’t know what it is. I keep waiting for something to snap inside them. A spark.
I mean when you give up a 1st round pick + 100M dollars to a guy whose face is stuck on this, you've made the decision what type of franchise you want to be. Nobody should be shocked that Amari, despite being the player closest to the action, did absolutely nothing about it. After the game, he said "I don't know" twice when asked about the proper response. This is the type of guy this franchise got desperate and gave up huge draft and financial capital to despite the entire NFL knowing what this man's reputation was. It's embarrassing and sickening what this franchise has become.

i

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I mean when you give up a 1st round pick + 100M dollars to a guy whose face is stuck on this, you've made the decision what type of franchise you want to be. Nobody should be shocked that Amari, despite being the player closest to the action, did absolutely nothing about it. After the game, he said "I don't know" twice when asked about the proper response. This is the type of guy this franchise got desperate and gave up huge draft and financial capital to despite the entire NFL knowing what this man's reputation was. It's embarrassing and sickening what this franchise has become.

i
Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its quite simple

they more than likely don’t like Andy Dalton and when Dalton got in their faces on the sidelines they more than likely didnt care much for it

thats when coaching has to step in......idc if you like the man or not you stand up for the players wearing the same uniform or find work elsewhere
I don't think that's it at all. Maybe they didn't like getting yelled at, but it's not the first time a QB has done that, and young backups are just trying to make a mark, which they can't do by getting butthurt and not caring. Every snap they are trying to protect Dalton - that's their job - and I think the natural reaction would be to protect the guy they have been fighting to protect the whole game.

glimmerman

Reaction score

i
I thought that a 2 year extension would have been fine. I like what he can do at WR. But he is easy to get soft. Been knocked off his routes a few times and caused picks. I wanted the bench to be cleared.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Fair point from Troy, the oline is young, but there were plenty of veteran offensive players on the field.
I dont buy the fact that the O line is young. WE should be drafting guys that have the guts and balls to stand up for their team mates as a pre requisite to having the honor of wearing the g damn uniform. thats the problem here. The Jones's have been trotting bull **** out onto the field for ever and a day now.

get rid of pretty near every one of these pussi es and get some god dang football players.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't think that's it at all. Maybe they didn't like getting yelled at, but it's not the first time a QB has done that, and young backups are just trying to make a mark, which they can't do by getting butthurt and not caring. Every snap they are trying to protect Dalton - that's their job - and I think the natural reaction would be to protect the guy they have been fighting to protect the whole game.
This isn’t a team at this point. It’s a bunch of corporate men doing a job. Come in a collect a check. I would expect to see more fire and effort from rookies trying to make the team or a team. Number 66 went over to check on him but they watched the player that did it walk around and walk off.