Recap: Troy Aikman Show 11/9 Ticket FM, Troy's Take on Denver Game & Playoff Contenders

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
  • Incredible what Denver did. Fangio is really good. Yes, that's the blueprint game. But running for 200 yards and keeping a team out of the endzone the whole ballgame is the blueprint for anyone. I didn't expect any game this year to be like that with as explosive as Dallas has been.
  • A lot of teams come in with this same approach, but Dallas usually scores too fast. Wake up call for Dallas. Those games happen. I'm not alarmed by it. I think they'll bounce back and have a good showing against ATL.
  • I wasn't all that concerned at first, but before you know it, you're down. We've seen this so many times. Dallas rallies and comes out winning by a couple of scores. Just a lot of different things that happened. Hats off to Denver.
  • I had games where they figured us out. Usually in my division. There's always a few games like that every season. You also have those games where guys just aren't catching the ball. Vic Fangio is one of the best game preparers in the business though. I talked to him Thursday before the game.
  • Matt Ryan's issue is he's never had presence in the postseason. He's still a very good player. Anytime you face a veteran QB like Ryan you can't take it for granted, but I don't think Dallas will.
  • I always thought with Green Bay, this year was the perfect time to deal Aaron Rodgers since they had Love. You knew there was skepticism if Love was "that guy" since they didn't trade Rodgers with him asking. You expect to see a lot more for a second year player, even in his first game. I remember when Favre went out and Aaron Rodgers played Dallas, and he played great. That was the game where Packers coaches told me they felt they had something with AR, and let Favre go. But now they're scratching their heads. GB's defense played well against KC, it's a shame they loss. But I think it's encouraging for Packers fans. They're going to be really tough with Rodgers and that D.
  • KC... everyone points to turnovers and penalties. They've been able to win some though not playing well. They're just not playing with same type of confidence. None of them have same swagger as I've seen in past. Travis Kelce usually guy who brought that and I don't see it from him anymore. Some of Mahome's struggles have been he's more inaccurate than I've seen in past years. Teams know when they play KC they can't give up the big play. Everyone comes in knowing they have to shut him down. A lot of deep throws that used to be TDs are INTs. I think this may be who they are now. Not sure they will get back to what we once saw. They're so reliant on the big plays, you can tell they are a frustrated offense.
  • Our problem when our team (90's Cowboys dynasty) went down was we lost key guys and never could replace them. In the past KC got away with running routes because they were so much faster than everyone else. I think defenses aren't as fooled by some of the concepts now. But that's the NFL now. Think back to Kurt Warner and how explosive the Rams were. They were the wildcat for a while and then got figured out. Think McVay and the Jet Sweeps. Teams eventually figure you out.
  • I think this is the best Lamar Jackson has ever looked. I'm going to ask him this weekend, "What is it like to ALWAYS be the fastest guy on the field at EVERY level?" LOL You never see it like this. The schemes Ravens have to let him be this guy are incredible. There was always an unknown with his throwing. Now you watch him and he has great command of the offense. He knows where he's going, he's throwing from the pocket very well. I was really impressed with his Minnesota game. They had 3 300lb defensive lineman sprinting down the field to catch a Minnesota player even though they had no chance. That talks to the culture. Ravens are one of the best teams in the NFL. Everyone I talk to always raves about that team at all levels from players to execs.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Remember when the Ravens were going to hire Garrett, Jerry gave JG more money, and “ended up with Harbaugh”…. Good times…

Lamar Jackson about to show the world what Mike Vick should have been.

khiladi

Reaction score
Why you gotta re open old wounds?

giphy.gif

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
  • Incredible what Denver did. Fangio is really good. Yes, that's the blueprint game. But running for 200 yards and keeping a team out of the endzone the whole ballgame is the blueprint for anyone. I didn't expect any game this year to be like that with as explosive as Dallas has been.
  • A lot of teams come in with this same approach, but Dallas usually scores too fast. Wake up call for Dallas. Those games happen. I'm not alarmed by it. I think they'll bounce back and have a good showing against ATL.
  • I wasn't all that concerned at first, but before you know it, you're down. We've seen this so many times. Dallas rallies and comes out winning by a couple of scores. Just a lot of different things that happened. Hats off to Denver.
  • I had games where they figured us out. Usually in my division. There's always a few games like that every season. You also have those games where guys just aren't catching the ball. Vic Fangio is one of the best game preparers in the business though. I talked to him Thursday before the game.
  • Matt Ryan's issue is he's never had presence in the postseason. He's still a very good player. Anytime you face a veteran QB like Ryan you can't take it for granted, but I don't think Dallas will.
  • I always thought with Green Bay, this year was the perfect time to deal Aaron Rodgers since they had Love. You knew there was skepticism if Love was "that guy" since they didn't trade Rodgers with him asking. You expect to see a lot more for a second year player, even in his first game. I remember when Favre went out and Aaron Rodgers played Dallas, and he played great. That was the game where Packers coaches told me they felt they had something with AR, and let Favre go. But now they're scratching their heads. GB's defense played well against KC, it's a shame they loss. But I think it's encouraging for Packers fans. They're going to be really tough with Rodgers and that D.
  • KC... everyone points to turnovers and penalties. They've been able to win some though not playing well. They're just not playing with same type of confidence. None of them have same swagger as I've seen in past. Travis Kelce usually guy who brought that and I don't see it from him anymore. Some of Mahome's struggles have been he's more inaccurate than I've seen in past years. Teams know when they play KC they can't give up the big play. Everyone comes in knowing they have to shut him down. A lot of deep throws that used to be TDs are INTs. I think this may be who they are now. Not sure they will get back to what we once saw. They're so reliant on the big plays, you can tell they are a frustrated offense.
  • Our problem when our team (90's Cowboys dynasty) went down was we lost key guys and never could replace them. In the past KC got away with running routes because they were so much faster than everyone else. I think defenses aren't as fooled by some of the concepts now. But that's the NFL now. Think back to Kurt Warner and how explosive the Rams were. They were the wildcat for a while and then got figured out. Think McVay and the Jet Sweeps. Teams eventually figure you out.
  • I think this is the best Lamar Jackson has ever looked. I'm going to ask him this weekend, "What is it like to ALWAYS be the fastest guy on the field at EVERY level?" LOL You never see it like this. The schemes Ravens have to let him be this guy are incredible. There was always an unknown with his throwing. Now you watch him and he has great command of the offense. He knows where he's going, he's throwing from the pocket very well. I was really impressed with his Minnesota game. They had 3 300lb defensive lineman sprinting down the field to catch a Minnesota player even though they had no chance. That talks to the culture. Ravens are one of the best teams in the NFL. Everyone I talk to always raves about that team at all levels from players to execs.
Good stuff

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Troy always a straight shooter. And is much different on his weekly segment on the Ticket, than he is on the games. But of course he can't say certain things on the game broadcasts.

I have not listened to him this year, but over the years he has always been honest in his opinion about the Cowboys, when on the Ticket. Many would get upset if he did not say good things. But he was also honest when they weren't good, but were showing signs of improving. He would say that also, that they just need to get a few more players, and get some things worked out. Then they could be good. Need to learn how to win games, instead of finding ways to lose.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Troy always a straight shooter. And is much different on his weekly segment on the Ticket, than he is on the games. But of course he can't say certain things on the game broadcasts.

I have not listened to him this year, but over the years he has always been honest in his opinion about the Cowboys, when on the Ticket. Many would get upset if he did not say good things. But he was also honest when they weren't good, but were showing signs of improving. He would say that also, that they just need to get a few more players, and get some things worked out. Then they could be good. Need to learn how to win games, instead of finding ways to lose.

He's a straight shooter, you're right. It's admirable. He'll have to pause sometimes and make sure he says it the right way. He knows there's always someone looking to pounce to make a headline or bulletin board fodder. But the fact that he puts that much professionalism into it is just another "respect" to put on his resume.