Video: Troy Aikman: Talks about Dallas/San Francisco history and the NFC Divisional Round game this Sunday

Zman5

Reaction score
What is strange is ESPN analytics has us with 53% chance of winning the game. Maybe this is why many ESPN mediots are picking us to win.

TWOK11

Reaction score
What is strange is ESPN analytics has us with 53% chance of winning the game. Maybe this is why many ESPN mediots are picking us to win.
Predictive QBR is part of the FPI calculation, making QB the only position that has a direct impact on it. A game that features a good veteran QB on one team and a rookie on the other can be heavily influenced by that factor alone.

Dallas also had a tougher SOS and beat some quality teams by multiple scores this year. Given the FPI is essentially a metric based im how a given team would fair against the league average of all teams, those facts skew it a bit in our favor. The 49ers accumulated a large point differential largely against bad teams.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I just listened to the entire 17 minute video and he said nothing of the sort lol. I feel cheated. Wrong link?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I just listened to the entire 17 minute video and he said nothing of the sort lol. I feel cheated. Wrong link?
Yeah, nowhere in that video does Troy even give anything close to an opinion on who will win the game.

YouTube is pretty bad about this kind of misleading title.

plasticman

Reaction score
What gets me is so many fans thinking the Cowboys-49ers rivalry was rooted in the 90's. Not so.

And no, it never started in the 80's with "the Catch" either.

From 1970 to 1972 the Cowboys made it to three consecutive NFC championship games which included two Super Bowl appearances. They accomplished this by defeating the 49ers in the playoffs three consecutive seasons. The first two were NFC Championship games, the last one was a divisional come from behind game with Roger Staubach.

Those three seasons, and just one more in 1957, were the only playoff years for the 49ers between 1950 and 1980. During that 30 year period, they were 2-4 in the playoffs with three of those losses to the Cowboys.

That is the real root of the Cowboys hatred by SF and their fans

The HC for the 49ers was Dick Nolan. Does the last name sound familiar? Nolan had been an assistant coach for Tom Landry in previous seasons. Their QB was 1st team All Pro John Brodie, the NFL MVP in 1970.