True Detective Season 4

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I started it, but the wife and I decided to wait until it’s finished and binge it. First two episodes were good.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I started it, but the wife and I decided to wait until it’s finished and binge it. First two episodes were good.
I was gonna wait, but then decided to do the first four then week to week the last two episodes. Ep.4 starts to get interesting

Creeper

Reaction score
My wife and I are watching Season 2 now. We watched Season 1 last week.

We thought we would wait to watch 4 until all the episodes are out so we can binge through it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My wife and I are watching Season 2 now. We watched Season 1 last week.

We thought we would wait to watch 4 until all the episodes are out so we can binge through it.
Not a fan at all of season 2. Season 3 was very good though. Season 1 will always be king

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was gonna wait, but then decided to do the first four then week to week the last two episodes. Ep.4 starts to get interesting
It starts to get interesting at #4 when there is only six episodes? That’s no bueno…..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It starts to get interesting at #4 when there is only six episodes? That’s no bueno…..
Its odd that they are only 6 when the other seasons where 8

It's not that the other episodes werent. Its just where the heat seems to get turned up

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Hmmmm

I like it.

Wonder how they are gonna get out of it being supernatural ........ could be the mines poisoning the whole town so they are all having delusions.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hmmmm

I like it.

Wonder how they are gonna get out of it being supernatural ........ could be the mines poisoning the whole town so they are all having delusions.
I think alot of the supernatural stuff is going to be a red herring. However you may be on to something with the poisoning and delusions. I think the lady that owns the mines could be the seasons "Tuttle". The protestor was trying to get the mine shut down. I could see the research they were doing being a threat as well

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. Hard to hold a candle to S1.
Season 3 had a similar backwoods vibe, strong characters and a good narrative. The timelines got a bit too confusing, and I was underwhelmed by the resolution. I felt there was no way anyone ever could have figured that out. I think the possibility, but not probably, a veiwer can put the peices together and figure out what happened is key for this genre. Season 1 and Sharp Objects (great show) did this the best I can remember. Sharp Objects most people could figure both halves of the resolution, but were unlikely to put the whole thing together

Creeper

Reaction score
Not a fan at all of season 2. Season 3 was very good though. Season 1 will always be king
I don't like Woody Harrelson or Matthew McConaughey much so season 1 was a struggle for me. Season 2 is just too involved. The idea that so many people could be killed violently and no one would notice is just bizarre. I have to watch the last episode still though.

Big_D

Reaction score
I liked S3 better than S1. S2 was a rough patch even wit Rachel McAdams.. I'm waiting for the finale then I'll binge S4.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Agree 100% with this assessment.

Season 1 was incredible.
Season 2 sucked.
Season 3 was really good.

Season 4 so far has been a bit of a slow burn for me, but I'm committed. I'm going to see it through. In fact, I think I need to watch the newest episode. May do that now. Lol

Creeper

Reaction score
Agree 100% with this assessment.

Season 1 was incredible.
Season 2 sucked.
Season 3 was really good.

Season 4 so far has been a bit of a slow burn for me, but I'm committed. I'm going to see it through. In fact, I think I need to watch the newest episode. May do that now. Lol
I finished Season 2 last night. What an awful ending. I thought it killed the entire season. And the season had such possibilities when it started.

Someone please explain what Ray was thinking at the end. I get that he was a decoy taking the bad guys away from the girl, but why drive into the most isolated and desolate spot in the country? That was suicide. Is that what he wanted? Why not drive to a mall find the garage parking. Go into the mall and out another exit somewhere. He would leave the tracker behind and at least he would have a chance to escape. And why is the bag with all the money always open in TV and movies? He drops the bag and of course all the money flies out. He zipped the bag earlier in the show.

And how did the Mexicans know where Frank was? He got new cars so we have to assume someone was trailing him and he didn't see after being fairly brilliant the rest of the season?

I thought the ending was contrived and deviated from the rest of the show.

Creeper

Reaction score
No comments on the season finale? I thought the final episode was a huge letdown. What an awful conclusion to an otherwise good series. I am beginning to think the Sopranos writers were on to something. It might be better to just go to black screen than try to come up with a clever ending to a good series. Leaving the ending to my imagination might have been better than having to sit through what the writers of True Detective came up with.

Funny how Clark goes outside for about 2 minutes and becomes a meat popsicle but Jodie Foster falls through the ice and is in freezing water for about 20 seconds before she is pulled out then splayed out on the ice for another couple of minutes in wet clothes but somehow manages to survive. And by the way, how did she manage to find the one weak spot in the ice which in itself was something of a scientific miracle considering the sub-zero temperatures and wind conditions. Sometimes writers try to get too clever in these shows and they just look stupid, IMO.

I liked the season 8/10, but I give the ending a 3.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Did they explain why the deer kill themselves at the beginning of the show?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Dang, they only did 6 episodes for this season? Interesting, pretty sure all the other seasons had 8 episodes. Didn't realize it was finale time yet. lol

I still need to watch it.