CFZ Truth that fans need to accept

dckid

Reaction score
There is a mass psychosis that has happened to the Cowboys fanbase over the past quarter century. The late 80's I understand, those were Tom Landry's last days. The Bears, SF, & NFC east were just better. Pelluer, Hogeboom, White, aging team. They needed a hard reset and Jimmy is the one to come in a flip over the table and start from scratch.

Jerry has done a great job of capturing a good part of the fanbase under his Stockholm syndrome. How can anyone call us Americas team? What have we done over the past quarter century to justify that? Romo, Dak, Ware, memorable playoff collapses? We have not even made a championship game since January 1996, when the world was till pushing AOL, Windows 1995 commercials with the rolling stones, OS2 Warp IBM ads.

This is a disgrace of an organization, the only thing different from the Lions or the WFT is really the logo and history. This is a failed organization, most of you will disagree with me. Jerry does not care bout winning another Super Bowl. He has three SB's, he is a HOF'r, he has nothing to prove. He doesn't care about paying, Dak, Zeke, Romo, Cooper, Ware, Tank, Witten, you name the player. There is so much cashflow with the Cowboys he has to spend it. It's like you and I going to get milk at the grocery store. Winning the SB or even building a real contender is like priority 10 when he comes to the office. He just wants to be relevant. Once fans realize this and stop supporting this nonsense is the only way this ends. We need the fanbase to stop showing up at games. It won't hurt his pocket at all, but it will cause embarrassment.

There is almost nothing the fans can do that will make Jerry lose money, maybe not show up for a whole season, but the game theory behind that will never work. He has a flywheel effect for the Cowboys. Fans are desperate for a winner, they keep thinking we are one player, one good draft, one referee missed call away.

Jerry learned from Campo, that he cannot go 5-11, 4-12 type seasons. He always wants to be in the 7-10 win category, which is why he never fired JG. Because 8-8 is good enough to excite ESPN, FS1, play for a playoff spot on Sunday Night.

When will you people wake up? It's not changing until Jerry capitulates and hires a real coach who will come in a change the culture. If that happens within 2-3 years we are in a championship game. The talent is good enough in this organization.

Just imagine if we had McVay or Kyle Shanahan, do we beat the 49ers? It's a simple question that Jerry should be asking. To me it's as plain as the nose on my face.
Don't fool yourself as you are the easiest to fool.

J_Allen

Reaction score
No respectable head coach wants to work here because he makes decisions about who plays and then holds the head coach at fault when it doesn't work.

Who wants to work in a situation like that? He definitely wants to win a Superbowl, but he's delusional about how he hurts the team. He simply doesn't see it and he's extremely stubborn.

fivetwos

Reaction score
. There is a mass psychosis that has happened to the Cowboys fanbase over the past quarter century. The late 80's I understand, those were Tom Landry's last days. The Bears, SF, & NFC east were just better. Pelluer, Hogeboom, White, aging team. They needed a hard reset and Jimmy is the one to come in a flip over the table and start from scratch.
Jerry has done a great job of capturing a good part of the fanbase under his Stockholm syndrome. How can anyone call us Americas team? What have we done over the past quarter century to justify that? Romo, Dak, Ware, memorable playoff collapses? We have not even made a championship game since January 1996, when the world was till pushing AOL, Windows 1995 commercials with the rolling stones, OS2 Warp IBM ads.
This is a disgrace of an organization, the only thing different from the Lions or the WFT is really the logo and history. This is a failed organization, most of you will disagree with me. Jerry does not care bout winning another Super Bowl. He has three SB's, he is a HOF'r, he has nothing to prove. He doesn't care about paying, Dak, Zeke, Romo, Cooper, Ware, Tank, Witten, you name the player. There is so much cashflow with the Cowboys he has to spend it. It's like you and I going to get milk at the grocery store. Winning the SB or even building a real contender is like priority 10 when he comes to the office. He just wants to be relevant. Once fans realize this and stop supporting this nonsense is the only way this ends. We need the fanbase to stop showing up at games. It won't hurt his pocket at all, but it will cause embarrassment. There is almost nothing the fans can do that will make Jerry lose money, maybe not show up for a whole season, but the game theory behind that will never work. He has a flywheel effect for the Cowboys. Fans are desperate for a winner, they keep thinking we are one player, one good draft, one referee missed call away.
Jerry learned from Campo, that he cannot go 5-11, 4-12 type seasons. He always wants to be in the 7-10 win category, which is why he never fired JG. Because 8-8 is good enough to excite ESPN, FS1, play for a playoff spot on Sunday Night.
When will you people wake up? It's not changing until Jerry capitulates and hires a real coach who will come in a change the culture. If that happens within 2-3 years we are in a championship game. The talent is good enough in this organization.
Just imagine if we had McVay or Kyle Shanahan, do we beat the 49ers? It's a simple question that Jerry should be asking. To me it's as plain as the nose on my face.
Right, and that particular coach can't be a backup QB with no prior coaching experience.

It has to be someone whose name alone catches the attention of the players.

And Jerry will NEVER have it. He fired both HOF coaches he had and embraces guys like McCarthy and Garrett.

His ego won't allow a real coach.

A real coach won't allow the owner divulging info to the media constantly.

So....this is what we get.

I seriously think Dan Quinn is the only decent football mind to coach here in decades and he is all but gone.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No respectable head coach wants to work here because he makes decisions about who plays and then holds the head coach at fault when it doesn't work.

Who wants to work in a situation like that? He definitely wants to win a Superbowl, but he's delusional about how he hurts the team. He simply doesn't see it and he's extremely stubborn.

If the price is right, a HC would come here to coach.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In about 2 or 3 years when the stadium is half full, he'll hire someone to come fix it. He did the same thing with Bill Parcells.

He did not hire Bill Parcells because of a half full stadium.

Bill was the one that actually initiated the Idea.
Someone was talking about Jerry and Bill said he could work with a guy like Jerry because he felt Jerry cares about the team. Which led to them two getting together.

The main thing however was the money.

Jerry was trying to get his NEW stadium and Bill was just coming off a divorce that cost him.

Back to what I said.

If the money is right...a coach will come here.

If people think someone would turn down the HC of the Cowboys because of Jerry...they are wrong. They would take it because Jerry will spend the money if he wants them.

J_Allen

Reaction score

Someone was talking about Jerry and Bill said he could work with a guy like Jerry because he felt Jerry cares about the team. Which led to them two getting together.

Jerry was trying to get his NEW stadium and Bill was just coming off a divorce that cost him.

Back to what I said.

If people think someone would turn down the HC of the Cowboys because of Jerry...they are wrong. They would take it because Jerry will spend the money if he wants them.

I meant was he hired bill because he wanted a new stadium. And no city was going to build it with the crap product he put on the field for the last 3 years.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

You mean Stephen Jones?

blueblood70

Reaction score
. There is a mass psychosis that has happened to the Cowboys fanbase over the past quarter century. The late 80's I understand, those were Tom Landry's last days. The Bears, SF, & NFC east were just better. Pelluer, Hogeboom, White, aging team. They needed a hard reset and Jimmy is the one to come in a flip over the table and start from scratch.
This is a disgrace of an organization, the only thing different from the Lions or the WFT is really the logo and history. This is a failed organization, most of you will disagree with me. Jerry does not care bout winning another Super Bowl. He has three SB's, he is a HOF'r, he has nothing to prove. He doesn't care about paying, Dak, Zeke, Romo, Cooper, Ware, Tank, Witten, you name the player. There is so much cashflow with the Cowboys he has to spend it. It's like you and I going to get milk at the grocery store. Winning the SB or even building a real contender is like priority 10 when he comes to the office. He just wants to be relevant. Once fans realize this and stop supporting this nonsense is the only way this ends. We need the fanbase to stop showing up at games. It won't hurt his pocket at all, but it will cause embarrassment. There is almost nothing the fans can do that will make Jerry lose money, maybe not show up for a whole season, but the game theory behind that will never work. He has a flywheel effect for the Cowboys. Fans are desperate for a winner, they keep thinking we are one player, one good draft, one referee missed call away.
Jerry didn't make the OL not play well get over it if you don't like it, dont follow them anymore. he actually fielded a team that should have shot at the SB after that its not on him.

BTW Shanahan has sub 500 RS record with the 9ers i imagine how well that goes over here..

its simple we lost this game and that the only one that matters not what happed a decade to 2 decades ago, not at all..that narrative is for bandwagon fans who only support the team when they win. there's no hostage like atmosphere for real fans of all sports teams we simply treat each year as new year..cheer and how for th best and reset each year,

its a choice. no ones being brainwashed its spots, you make a conscious choice to be fan and hardcore fans are lifelong fans no matter how their team is playing. you have choice to not come here and complain and call out fans and the ownership and all things cowboys but you do,. Sorry im not coming over to your toxic side. if it's that hard to be Cowboy fan GO AWAY. go be 9er fans or pick the flavor of the month team that easier to cheer for.

we lost by 6 points to 9ers because of our mistakes, imagine half those penalties we win by 10 easily. We were the better team and i still feel like that but made far too many mistakes.

too bad dak can't block and tackle himself or make those grown azz OL not hold and get 14 penalties in playoff game. I mean its all him.. right get the pluck over it haters. it was easy to see the Offensive line torpedo this game and add the DL getting 3 offsides penalties i mean hard to win against equal talent when you make the big mistakes all game. hard to play 1st and 20 every series when the other teams playing 1st and 10..thats a reality, when they dont hold they aren't blocking well and daks running for his life.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree with your assessment. one thing to note, the problem and I have said this for 10 years now is Jerry the GM vs. Jerry the Owner....Jerry the GM wants to win a superbowl bad. Jerry the owner wants to win a superbowl....but when it comes to making decisions that are football over money, Jerry the Owner over rules Jerry the GM. all his moves are about making money, not about football, because in football sometimes you have to swallow a bitter pill to succeed. he is not willing to do that....it was evident for all of us, when Jerry said he had Johnny Manziel card in his hands, before they stopped him and took Martin....Jerry the Owner was thinking I can sell a 100,000 jersey's.....full preseason stadium......the problem is he makes too many decisions that way. he plays fantasy football in his head and can't admit he doesn't really know football.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I agree with your assessment. one thing to note, the problem and I have said this for 10 years now is Jerry the GM vs. Jerry the Owner....Jerry the GM wants to win a superbowl bad. Jerry the owner wants to win a superbowl....but when it comes to making decisions that are football over money, Jerry the Owner over rules Jerry the GM. all his moves are about making money, not about football, because in football sometimes you have to swallow a bitter pill to succeed. he is not willing to do that....it was evident for all of us, when Jerry said he had Johnny Manziel card in his hands, before they stopped him and took Martin....Jerry the Owner was thinking I can sell a 100,000 jersey's.....full preseason stadium......the problem is he makes too many decisions that way. he plays fantasy football in his head and can't admit he doesn't really know football.

I have a hard time believing that Johnny manziel story. I think it was made up to show us that he's changed and he's a real football guy now. Because anyone who drafts Johnny manziel is going to get burned. Everyone knows that.

blueblood70

Reaction score

1/2 full, why?

because 12-5 and going 6-0 in the division and making it to the payoffs will run fans off LOL

real fans follow their team regardless of t of wins and losses, I don't see half full browns, jets, jags, lions and other stadiums where their teams haven't won in decodes or not ever . eagles took 60 years to win their first SB i dont remember half full stadiums. that not what real fans do , we cheer win or lose. was over 50 years before the chiefs won a SB, their fans stuck around and now are being rewarded.

it was very disappointing to not win a playoff game for sure totally bad feelings but that where it ends. It hurts sure but it doesn't change the way i feel about my team.

im looking forward to next year. each tear is one off and its sports and fans support their teams win or lose. Bandwagon fans expectations are if they are winning, we will show up if not they come to places like these and just be critical.

get over it

you have choice be fan or move on.

J_Allen

Reaction score
1/2 full, why?

because 12-5 and going 6-0 in the division and making it to the payoffs will run fans off LOL

real fans follow their team regardless of t of wins and losses, I don't see half full browns, jets, jags, lions and other stadiums where their teams haven't won in decodes or not ever . eagles took 60 years to win their first SB i dont remember half full stadiums. that not what real fans do , we cheer win or lose. was over 50 years before the chiefs won a SB, their fans stuck around and now are being rewarded.

it was very disappointing to not win a playoff game for sure totally bad feelings but that where it ends. It hurts sure but it doesn't change the way i feel about my team.

im looking forward to next year. each tear is one off and its sports and fans support their teams win or lose. Bandwagon fans expectations are if they are winning, we will show up if not they come to places like these and just be critical.

get over it

you have choice be fan or move on.

^ this is why Jerry can keep selling us a **** sandwich.

12 and 5 means nothing if you have another early exit in the playoffs.

We have three playoff wins in the last 26 years. You have fun with that 12 and 5 record.

dckid

Reaction score
Jerry didn't make the OL not play well get over it if you don't like it, dont follow them anymore. he actually fielded a team that should have shot at the SB after that its not on him.

BTW Shanahan has sub 500 RS record with the 9ers i imagine how well that goes over here..

its simple we lost this game and that the only one that matters not what happed a decade to 2 decades ago, not at all..that narrative is for bandwagon fans who only support the team when they win. there's no hostage like atmosphere for real fans of all sports teams we simply treat each year as new year..cheer and how for th best and reset each year,

its a choice. no ones being brainwashed its spots, you make a conscious choice to be fan and hardcore fans are lifelong fans no matter how their team is playing. you have choice to not come here and complain and call out fans and the ownership and all things cowboys but you do,. Sorry im not coming over to your toxic side. if it's that hard to be Cowboy fan GO AWAY. go be 9er fans or pick the flavor of the month team that easier to cheer for.

we lost by 6 points to 9ers because of our mistakes, imagine half those penalties we win by 10 easily. We were the better team and i still feel like that but made far too many mistakes.

too bad dak can't block and tackle himself or make those grown azz OL not hold and get 14 penalties in playoff game. I mean its all him.. right get the pluck over it haters. it was easy to see the Offensive line torpedo this game and add the DL getting 3 offsides penalties i mean hard to win against equal talent when you make the big mistakes all game. hard to play 1st and 20 every series when the other teams playing 1st and 10..thats a reality, when they dont hold they aren't blocking well and daks running for his life.

I liked your post out of respect but I disagree with your statement. There is a saying by Mark Twain.
“It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.” You sir have fallen hook line and sinker for Jerry's drivel. I am a die hard and always will be. This team was totally unprepared, undisciplined, and fell flat on its face. The Niners did everything that all the talking heads said they would do.
Since when has telling the truth become toxic? What over the past 26 years of puppet coaches, sideshow antics have convinced you that I am wrong?
Shanahan took over in 2017, in 2019 they were playing in the Super Bowl. Jimmy G got hurt in 2018, missed practically the whole season, they had a bunch of injuries last year also This year they had a bunch of injuries, their number 1 RB gets lost for the season. That team is resilient. They are everything that this Cowboy team is not.

foofighters

Reaction score

This is a disgrace of an organization, the only thing different from the Lions or the WFT is really the logo and history. This is a failed organization, most of you will disagree with me. Jerry does not care bout winning another Super Bowl. He has three SB's, he is a HOF'r, he has nothing to prove. He doesn't care about paying, Dak, Zeke, Romo, Cooper, Ware, Tank, Witten, you name the player. There is so much cashflow with the Cowboys he has to spend it. It's like you and I going to get milk at the grocery store. Winning the SB or even building a real contender is like priority 10 when he comes to the office. He just wants to be relevant. Once fans realize this and stop supporting this nonsense is the only way this ends. We need the fanbase to stop showing up at games. It won't hurt his pocket at all, but it will cause embarrassment.

There is almost nothing the fans can do that will make Jerry lose money, maybe not show up for a whole season, but the game theory behind that will never work. He has a flywheel effect for the Cowboys. Fans are desperate for a winner, they keep thinking we are one player, one good draft, one referee missed call away.

You have cliff notes on this? I simply can't get through all of these middle school girl emo posts. It's gonna be a LONG offseason...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Back to what I said.

BP, I agree with your premise about a good coach coming here if the price was right. But the real obstacle for that happening is the fear Jerry carries at all times. He fears that a strong HC would build a strong, accountable culture that creates wins and then all his gloriously craved credit would go to that coach.

It’s crazy to think that this multi-billionaire with the power to hire the very best coach around has this deep psychological insecurity that won’t allow anyone to threaten his perceived power. It’s pathetic.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that Johnny manziel story. I think it was made up to show us that he's changed and he's a real football guy now. Because anyone who drafts Johnny manziel is going to get burned. Everyone knows that.
just talking about it, even if not true shows you his mindset....he was telling Texas A&M and Cowboys fans he was willing to go there...its called Publicity....he cares too much about publicity and being in front of camera.....it sells....