Trying to stay positive, but this draft was brutal

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Got no problems with Parsons in the first, we got wiped out on both CBs so he was obviously the best defensive player left on the board. From there it went south and went south in a hurry.

I dont know if we started to panic a little or what but the rest of our picks were either players with character issues or reaches. Joseph better be dam glad the league doesnt suspend for weed anymore, he is the equivalent of Randy Gregory at CB. The two defensive lineman are undersized, so much for wanting big space eating DL. I guess Poe scared them into thinking all big guys are lazy or something. And last but not least the DB Wright was taken way too high, I think Dane B. has a 6th or 7th round grade on the dude, wow.

Like I said, I am trying to stay positive and give the scouts and coaches the benefit of the doubt, but just looking at this draft on paper so far it is very underwhelming. Its like the rest of league knew exactly who we were targeting and our players got snatched up one or two picks before us. I dont know, but maybe Jerry and the company need to stop doing pressers and talking to the media before the draft or something because they are being read like a book by the rest of the league it seems.

Finally, are we really going to draft 11 guys, all defensive from the looks of it? So we either end up cutting half of them or we field a defense full of rooks? Cant wait for all the "Dak sucks, should have never paid him" threads when we lose every game 48-45.

Dak throws for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game and we still lose..............going to be good times!!!

JonCJG

Reaction score
Got no problems with Parsons in the first, we got wiped out on both CBs so he was obviously the best defensive player left on the board. From there it went south and went south in a hurry.

I dont know if we started to panic a little or what but the rest of our picks were either players with character issues or reaches. Joseph better be dam glad the league doesnt suspend for weed anymore, he is the equivalent of Randy Gregory at CB. The two defensive lineman are undersized, so much for wanting big space eating DL. I guess Poe scared them into thinking all big guys are lazy or something. And last but not least the DB Wright was taken way too high, I think Dane B. has a 6th or 7th round grade on the dude, wow.

Like I said, I am trying to stay positive and give the scouts and coaches the benefit of the doubt, but just looking at this draft on paper so far it is very underwhelming. Its like the rest of league knew exactly who we were targeting and our players got snatched up one or two picks before us. I dont know, but maybe Jerry and the company need to stop doing pressers and talking to the media before the draft or something because they are being read like a book by the rest of the league it seems.

Finally, are we really going to draft 11 guys, all defensive from the looks of it? So we either end up cutting half of them or we field a defense full of rooks? Cant wait for all the "Dak sucks, should have never paid him" threads when we lose every game 48-45.

Dak throws for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game and we still lose..............going to be good times!!!

Yeah man I feel you. Looking at drafts on paper is how drafts should always be judged. Players need to have name recognition, be accomplished, have freaky testing numbers and great production otherwise on paper they just don’t pop.

Draft classes shouldn’t have to be completed, or have a chance to compete before we the fans s on them and blame the front office. Good post man, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah man I feel you. Looking at drafts on paper is how drafts should always be judged. Players need to have name recognition, be accomplished, have freaky testing numbers and great production otherwise on paper they just don’t pop.

Draft classes shouldn’t have to be completed, or have a chance to compete before we the fans s on them and blame the front office. Good post man, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

By paper I mean comparing the player to how experts like Dane B. has them rated. You know, guys that do this type of stuff for a living. And its not just Dane B, Mel Kiper even said on TV our last pick was "too rich for him in the 3rd". So its not name recognition, its comparing the player to what the experts say about that player or seeing where the consensus draft grade is. The highest anybody had that last dude rated was 4th, most had a 6-7th round grade on him.

Its fair to question drafting a player in the third that most draft ratings experts have 6-7th round grades on. As for sharing thoughts, yeah, this is a message board. Message boards are pretty common on the Internet, strange you are not familiar with them.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Got no problems with Parsons in the first, we got wiped out on both CBs so he was obviously the best defensive player left on the board. From there it went south and went south in a hurry..........
.......Finally, are we really going to draft 11 guys, all defensive from the looks of it? So we either end up cutting half of them or we field a defense full of rooks? Cant wait for all the "Dak sucks, should have never paid him" threads when we lose every game 48-45.

You seem to have a pretty good handle on it there Beast. :laugh:

Last edited:

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I'm not pleased with this draft selection, I thought after day one with a handful of draft picks going into day two that the Cowboys would attack the draft and target players that fell into range and go up to get them but instead just sat there and let teams jump in front of them to take players they clearly coveted....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If the notion of waiting 3 years to determine a true grade on your draft than it is this 2021 draft.