News: TS: Deion Sanders Reveals If He'd Ever Want To Coach The Cowboys

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

From the article ..

"I am cut a little different. I love Jerry Jones. I tremendously love that whole family,'' Sanders said.​
"I have a problem with men getting their checks and not doing their jobs. I would be too tough as a coach in the NFL because I still have those old-school attributes."​

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
"Personally," says one Cowboy, "I thought Kevin Smith was a better player." Whereas the other primary cornerbacks -- Smith, Larry Brown and Clayton Holmes -- embraced contact, Sanders was a feather duster. When he tackled, it was with the gusto of a 90-year-old woman.

"One time a running back ran a sweep toward him, and Deion dove half-hearted into the turf," says Case. "We're watching film the next day, razzing him pretty good. As serious as could be, he said, 'I saw that dude coming and I had to make a business decision.'"

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
"I have a problem with men getting their checks and not doing their jobs. I would be too tough as a coach in the NFL because I still have those old-school attributes."

Whether this attribute comes from Dion Sanders or someone else, this is the mindset that we need in a coach and owner.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deion was back slapping the team with that comment. Basically saying the are a bunch of lazy entitled bums. Which some fans already claim that. But many, most work very hard. At least they attempt to tackle, except maybe Diggs the last several games. He went full Deion on Kittle.

I like Deion to a degree. Other time he just needs to shut up. But we don’t want you here as the HC. come back in 10 years with a better attitude.

JayFord

Reaction score
Prime would NEVER coach NFL and todays players wouldnt like his style

hes gonna hold you accountable.....this is a job and if you dont perform theres no reason for you to be paid

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

From the article ..

"I am cut a little different. I love Jerry Jones. I tremendously love that whole family,'' Sanders said.​
"I have a problem with men getting their checks and not doing their jobs. I would be too tough as a coach in the NFL because I still have those old-school attributes."​

If he ever did coach the Cowboys I hope he does not show them how to tackle! lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Deion for sure would coach this team I don’t care what he says lol.
Agree 100%...did we really expect him to admit an aspiration to coach in the NFL to the media, but at the same time, it's not for everyone. Some of the greatest players wouldn't last a season......lack patient and/or commincation skills.

Adreme

Reaction score
"Personally," says one Cowboy, "I thought Kevin Smith was a better player." Whereas the other primary cornerbacks -- Smith, Larry Brown and Clayton Holmes -- embraced contact, Sanders was a feather duster. When he tackled, it was with the gusto of a 90-year-old woman.

"One time a running back ran a sweep toward him, and Deion dove half-hearted into the turf," says Case. "We're watching film the next day, razzing him pretty good. As serious as could be, he said, 'I saw that dude coming and I had to make a business decision.'"
He was not getting paid to tackle, he was getting paid to shut down an entire side of the field. If letting a RB get 5-6 extra yards helps make sure the latter happens, that is a good trade every single day. I am okay with a player realizing that it is not worth losing

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree 100%...did we really expect him to admit an aspiration to coach in the NFL to the media, but at the same time, it's not for everyone. Some of the greatest players wouldn't last a season......lack patient and/or commincation skills.
Exactly.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

From the article ..

Dieon is kind of an idiot nowadays. Full of himself and his inflated sense of himself.

If he was such a great coach, he would have had no problem coaching up the guys he was handed. Coaching is his way to be relevant again. His son is good so he's gonna ride his Louie Luggage that he brought with him. He's packin'. All the way to millions. Thats Deion. The foot thing is just his Karma for being so cold. How you win matters......you don't get to win like that and not deal with the universe.

ghst187

Reaction score
Dieon is kind of an idiot nowadays. Full of himself and his inflated sense of himself.

If he was such a great coach, he would have had no problem coaching up the guys he was handed. Coaching is his way to be relevant again. His son is good so he's gonna ride his Louie Luggage that he brought with him. He's packin'. All the way to millions. Thats Deion. The foot thing is just his Karma for being so cold. How you win matters......you don't get to win like that and not deal with the universe.
Hard to argue with his coaching results thus far…
If you have ever played sports at any level of significance you know sometimes the entire lockerroom needs flushed and a fresh start. You can’t bring in freshmen and expect them to be different when seniors have a loser mentality. You can’t taint your frosh like that. Plus you don’t want a bunch of seniors demanding playing time because they are seniors when they haven’t won a game in four years. If he is going to turn that program around, what he did probably needed to be done. We will see how it goes.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yea sure ........

Prime is just playing hard to get ........ this is just like when Charles Barkley was claiming he was gonna retire a few months before signing his huge deal with TBS

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"I don't have any desire or ambition to coach in the NFL," Sanders said.
tenor.gif

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Put his ego and Jerry’s ego in the same room? Have them fight for dominance? There’d be a thermonuclear explosion.

JayFord

Reaction score

He was bought there to rebuild...and he is coaching some of the same guys that was on that 1-11 team but sometimes you have to put your foot down and let them know

im bringing in top level talent....which means you either step your game up or you transfer and this sort of thing happens on all jobs...

If youre in charge of a company and your boss/ceo already told you the staff has been losing money and you have to fix it, then its just like this they either shape up or ship out because youre activly reviewing resumes

JayFord

Reaction score
Hard to argue with his coaching results thus far…
If you have ever played sports at any level of significance you know sometimes the entire lockerroom needs flushed and a fresh start. You can’t bring in freshmen and expect them to be different when seniors have a loser mentality. You can’t taint your frosh like that. Plus you don’t want a bunch of seniors demanding playing time because they are seniors when they haven’t won a game in four years. If he is going to turn that program around, what he did probably needed to be done. We will see how it goes.
^this

Ive heard coaches say way worse....Deion just let them know upfront they get it together or they can leave

some coaches dont even tell the players that...you just wake up and find out from an assistant youre no longer on the roster and the head coach didnt even respect you enough to meet with you face to face