News: TS: Deion Sanders Reveals If He'd Ever Want To Coach The Cowboys

GINeric

Reaction score
Dieon is kind of an idiot nowadays. Full of himself and his inflated sense of himself.

If he was such a great coach, he would have had no problem coaching up the guys he was handed. Coaching is his way to be relevant again. His son is good so he's gonna ride his Louie Luggage that he brought with him. He's packin'. All the way to millions. Thats Deion. The foot thing is just his Karma for being so cold. How you win matters......you don't get to win like that and not deal with the universe.

I hate to say it but you come across as a bitter, jealous hater with this post. I'm just sayin....

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Personally," says one Cowboy, "I thought Kevin Smith was a better player." Whereas the other primary cornerbacks -- Smith, Larry Brown and Clayton Holmes -- embraced contact, Sanders was a feather duster. When he tackled, it was with the gusto of a 90-year-old woman.

"One time a running back ran a sweep toward him, and Deion dove half-hearted into the turf," says Case. "We're watching film the next day, razzing him pretty good. As serious as could be, he said, 'I saw that dude coming and I had to make a business decision.'"
If a player thought Kevin Smith was better than Prime, they were a moron.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He was not getting paid to tackle, he was getting paid to shut down an entire side of the field. If letting a RB get 5-6 extra yards helps make sure the latter happens, that is a good trade every single day. I am okay with a player realizing that it is not worth losing
This.

I don't want Deion getting hurt on a tackle, because that screws up the entire pass D.

Deion was one of a kind. A defender who it was, honestly, stupid to throw on because he'd drop a pick six on you. So dangerous that there would be games where teams just didn't even try to throw to his side. I don't want that sort of talent separating a shoulder to stop an RB.

Deion said it was a "business decision." Analytics would support the decision.

shabazz

Reaction score
This gig at Colorado may turn out to be the most humbling experience in his life

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see who's players-check would be talked about of not being worthy...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who in the hell would hire him? He hasn't proven he can do anything in the Power 5.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
If a player thought Kevin Smith was better than Prime, they were a moron.
All things considered, absolutely, not even close, I'd take a pre-injury Smith every day.

Kevin Smith didn't help wreck an entire franchise. Prime Time did.

rags747

Reaction score

From the article ..

"I am cut a little different. I love Jerry Jones. I tremendously love that whole family,'' Sanders said.​
"I have a problem with men getting their checks and not doing their jobs. I would be too tough as a coach in the NFL because I still have those old-school attributes."​
Revisionist History. Old School Attributes? If I remember correctly Aikman has criticized him in the past regarding his practice habits during the Barry years, feared that he was not setting a good example for the lesser talented players. Anyway, Deion was obviously a stud that we have not seen since. I guess no one can be 100% perfect!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
"Personally," says one Cowboy, "I thought Kevin Smith was a better player." Whereas the other primary cornerbacks -- Smith, Larry Brown and Clayton Holmes -- embraced contact, Sanders was a feather duster. When he tackled, it was with the gusto of a 90-year-old woman.

"One time a running back ran a sweep toward him, and Deion dove half-hearted into the turf," says Case. "We're watching film the next day, razzing him pretty good. As serious as could be, he said, 'I saw that dude coming and I had to make a business decision.'"
And with all his lack of tracking, he's pretty much regarded as the greatest cb to ever have played the game.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Your telling me a coach who has a camera crew always following him wouldn't want to coach a team that probably has the highest ratings year after year? Lmao ok. This dude is so corny it's nauseating.

GINeric

Reaction score
Revisionist History. Old School Attributes? If I remember correctly Aikman has criticized him in the past regarding his practice habits during the Barry years, feared that he was not setting a good example for the lesser talented players. Anyway, Deion was obviously a stud that we have not seen since. I guess no one can be 100% perfect!

I respect Aikman, but he stepped out of line questioning Prime Time. Sanders is the best ever at his position. Aikman isn't even in the conversation of the best ever at HIS position.

There is a reason Prime is a GOAT. He knew how to go about his career.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
He was not getting paid to tackle, he was getting paid to shut down an entire side of the field. If letting a RB get 5-6 extra yards helps make sure the latter happens, that is a good trade every single day. I am okay with a player realizing that it is not worth losing
Just like when QBs give a half-hearted attempt to make a tackle or recover a fumble after a turnover. They are making business decisions. Their importance to the team was far greater than risking injury to one play. People just don't like Deion. That's all.