Tsk Tsk McNabb & Trotter!

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Check this out--& parking in handicapped spaces to boot! (from the AP)

McNabb, Trotter skip out on parking courtAssociated Press

GLASSBORO, N.J. -- Philadelphia Eagles players Donovan McNabb and Jeremiah Trotter, charged with parking their cars in handicapped spots, failed to show for a hearing.

Glassboro Municipal Judge Charles J. Springman Jr. cited each player for failing to appear at Wednesday night's hearing. A courts administrator told The Philadelphia Inquirer that if the athletes, or their attorneys, failed to attend rescheduled hearings, contempt charges could result.

The men are among an estimated 300 people in the New Jersey community who have received police complaints filed by Maryann Cottrell, a crusader against those who park in spots of spots reserved for the physically handicapped. The 53-year-old Cottrell, who cares for an adult child with autism, last fall photographed the athletes' vehicles parked in handicapped spots outside the Landmark Americana sports bar.

McNabb's doctor wrote to the municipal court, saying his client was hospitalized on the date of the alleged infraction. The bar's owner also wrote, saying nearby construction forced Trotter to use the handicapped spots.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
The seed is planted...
and the T.O. cancer continues to spread and grow.

Personally, I think handicap parking spaces are ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, they should have them. Just not as many of them. How often to you go somewhere where the whole p-lot is filled a half-a-mile away from your destination yet right up front there are 47 unused handicap spaces?

VirusX

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
How often to you go somewhere where the whole p-lot is filled a half-a-mile away from your destination yet right up front there are 47 unused handicap spaces?

They have to keep those incase they have a sale on disability products.. Ok that was wrong. I agree there are to many but some need the be left there. And bust peoples arse's who park there without a sticker/tag.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Wouldn't playing for the Eagles qualify you as "handicapped"? :lmao2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
The seed is planted...

Personally, I think handicap parking spaces are ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, they should have them. Just not as many of them. How often to you go somewhere where the whole p-lot is filled a half-a-mile away from your destination yet right up front there are 47 unused handicap spaces?
Nice......I guess next you'll be kicking puppies and taking walkers from little old ladies

1fisher

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
The seed is planted...

a little extra walking never hurt anyone!

don't tell me that you are one of those kind of people that continiously rides up and down every isle trying to find the closest spot? ... or one that will sit there until someone loads 23 bags of groceries, walks their basket back to the store, gets in the car, rolls down the windows, buckles their seat belt and then realizes they left the trunk open. They get out of the car rearrange the groceries and then finally pull out. Meanwhile YOU have caused thirteen cars to back up causing a traffic jam!!!!!

walk a little!!!!!:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

aznhalf

Reaction score
http://www.wgal.com/news/7502035/detail.html

GLASSBORO, N.J. -- She's becoming a familiar, though sometimes unwanted, sight in Glassboro, New Jersey.

Maryann Cottrell, 53, bounds out of her car door with a tiny camera in hand, snapping photos of vehicles parked in handicapped spaces. So far, she's reported nearly 300 motorists.

Cottrell has nabbed two Philadelphia Eagles players, mail trucks and so many college students that Rowan University has barred her from campus.

Cottrell is an activist, not a police officer. Under New Jersey law, she's allowed to report handicapped parking violators, and police and prosecutors are required to take them to court.

She's sensitive to the handicapped parking issue because her 20-year-old daughter has autism and a variety of physical ailments.

Cottrell said she uses a handicapped parking permit only when her daughter rides with her.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
lcharles said:
Wouldn't playing for the Eagles qualify you as "handicapped"?

This post is "handicapped!" This situatIon has absolutely nothing to do with football; so how did it make it all the way to front paGe ...Zone.

If this thread were associated with Cowboys Zone I could understand the compilation of comments associated with parking spots, missed appointments, and other unrelated bantar.

I'd expect this thread on Opinion Zone, or something else, but the Zone?! Some of you posters have lost cool-points.

I thought the Zone was reserved for Cowboy-related subjects -- not cheap shots at McNabb or Trotter.:confused:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
This post is "handicapped!" This situatIon has absolutely nothing to do with football; so how did it make it all the way to front paGe ...Zone.

If this thread were associated with Cowboys Zone I could understand the compilation of comments associated with parking spots, missed appointments, and other unrelated bantar.

I'd expect this thread on Opinion Zone, or something else, but the Zone?! Some of you posters have lost cool-points.

I thought the Zone was reserved for Cowboy-related subjects -- not cheap shots at McNabb or Trotter.:confused:
Phoenix, chill out...

Ur guys got busted... Can't tell me two HEALTHY football players couldn't tolerate the extra walk?

TheHustler

Reaction score
aznhalf said:
http://www.wgal.com/news/7502035/detail.html

GLASSBORO, N.J. -- She's becoming a familiar, though sometimes unwanted, sight in Glassboro, New Jersey.

Maryann Cottrell, 53, bounds out of her car door with a tiny camera in hand, snapping photos of vehicles parked in handicapped spaces. So far, she's reported nearly 300 motorists.

Cottrell has nabbed two Philadelphia Eagles players, mail trucks and so many college students that Rowan University has barred her from campus.

Cottrell is an activist, not a police officer. Under New Jersey law, she's allowed to report handicapped parking violators, and police and prosecutors are required to take them to court.

She's sensitive to the handicapped parking issue because her 20-year-old daughter has autism and a variety of physical ailments.

Cottrell said she uses a handicapped parking permit only when her daughter rides with her.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Good for her. I can't stand people that park in handicap zones when they don't need to.

royhitshard

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
The seed is planted...

Exactly! Why are there so many?!! I hate seeing people use them, and then walk right in and come out carrying groceries. If the handicapped person is not with you, then don't park there! Lazy people.

jman

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

No bagging on McNabb...his laywer and doctor said he was in the hospital when that happened...he just loans is car out to people that don't care about where they park.

Trotter, on the other hand, according to the bar tender, said Trotter only parked in a handicapped spot because of construction in the area. I guess he doesn't like to walk to the bar.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Good for her. I can't stand people that park in handicap zones when they don't need to.

You know what else bugs me? It's when I see a car with a "handicapped sticker" parking in a regular spot!! What's up with that? :D

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
The only thing worse than those that park in handicap spots are those that fradulantly obtain handicap passes.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
leaders of NFL teams don't park in handicap spaces and THEN not show up to court..

:lmao:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
TheHustler said:

I agree 100%.

I've said things to people before that have parked in handicap spots.

Only bit me in the butt once. A guy on my softball team year ago at a company I worked for. Didn't know he had MS...Felt terrible afterward, he was good about tho.