Tuesday Night Game Thread (WFT/PHI + SEA/LAR)

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Looks like Garrett Gilbert is starting for WFT. Between that and their Covid issues, my guess is PHI takes it and severely cripples WFT's playoffs hopes for the #7 seed.

Rams are probably smelling some blood with the Cards faltering as of late. My guess is they take care of business against a Seahawk team that just can't seem to figure out their identity week to week.

Creeper

Reaction score
It is pretty sad when a team has to play a QB they signed off the streets a few days ago in a game with playoff implications. I don't know if there is an alternative but it must be pretty frustrating for Washington fans. How did both of their QBs wind up with COVID?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Pretty early for a game thread but so be it

It's never too early to root for WFT/PHI to beat each other up and hopefully tie the game. Thank God WFT has those heated benches to make some omelettes on.

movaughn88

Reaction score
A tie means we win the East tonight lol

Is that the only way we clinch tonight?

I don't even know what I'm rooting for...I suppose I hate the Eagles more than the Skins so I'll favor the Skins slightly.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't even know what I'm rooting for...I suppose I hate the Eagles more than the Skins so I'll favor the Skins slightly.
Technically yes, but the odds are astronomically against us losing the division title.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Best scenario is they tie. Then we clinch.

However, supposedly we clinch the division if Eagles win also. By virtue of tie breakers coming down to strength of schedule. So is we lose out and Eagles win out, we both finish at 10-7, we still get the division.
Though I have not seen that written or said in writing from the NFL. Nor have I seen but one breakdown of that, someone posted several days ago or so.

Also what I have not seen, from any source, was Dallas has clinched a playoff spot.
I did finally see it from The NY Times today.

I had posted several times why we have clinched at least a WC.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
It is pretty sad when a team has to play a QB they signed off the streets a few days ago in a game with playoff implications. I don't know if there is an alternative but it must be pretty frustrating for Washington fans. How did both of their QBs wind up with COVID?

Sharing needles? Oops, sensitive topic.

Carson

Reaction score
Best scenario is they tie. Then we clinch.

However, supposedly we clinch the division if Eagles win also. By virtue of tie breakers coming down to strength of schedule. So is we lose out and Eagles win out, we both finish at 10-7, we still get the division.
Though I have not seen that written or said in writing from the NFL. Nor have I seen but one breakdown of that, someone posted several days ago or so.

Also what I have not seen, from any source, was Dallas has clinched a playoff spot.
I did finally see it from The NY Times today.

I had posted several times why we have clinched at least a WC.
We haven’t clinched a playoff spot. San Fran and New Orleans winning is the reason why

I’ve messed with the playoff simulator and had us losing out and them winning out and we still win the division. Im sure there is a number of things that need to happen

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We haven’t clinched a playoff spot. San Fran and New Orleans winning is the reason why

I’ve messed with the playoff simulator and had us losing out and them winning out and we still win the division. Im sure there is a number of things that need to happen

it has to be some odd scarce tie breaker then. Involve 3 or 4 way tie.
If you look at the teams eliminated in contention with us. And then we beat NO and others Head to head, that eliminates 8 teams. And the 9th is the loser of tonight’s Eagles WFT game.

We beat NO and worse we can be is tied so therefor we are ahead of them. So why are they still in the equation.
Normally I would go through the info and figure it out. But not worth the time at this point.

Carson

Reaction score
it has to be some odd scarce tie breaker then. Involve 3 or 4 way tie.
If you look at the teams eliminated in contention with us. And then we beat NO and others Head to head, that eliminates 8 teams. And the 9th is the loser of tonight’s Eagles WFT game.

We beat NO and worse we can be is tied so therefor we are ahead of them. So why are they still in the equation.
Normally I would go through the info and figure it out. But not worth the time at this point.
So what you’re saying is, we will still be in contention for some odd reason come Week 17 due to some 17 team tie lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Am I the only loving more these additional weekday games? Monday''s double header and one Tues nite game would be really cool. Not to mention more $$$$$$$. Hell, a Tues night package alone .......$$$$$$