Tuesday Night Game Thread (WFT/PHI + SEA/LAR)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All that you say is true. But I was never impressed with RG3. Nor Sam Darnold for that matter.

Mac Jones and Trevor Lawrence are perfect examples of situations matter. I venture to say anybody drafted by NE has a better chance to succeed and do so early; anybody drafted by Jacksonville would not. Firing Urban Meyer might be what salvages Lawrence.

The problem with drafting QBs is they are almost all underclassman and you're having to project based on limited experience. The projection isn't the physical tools, but what's between the ears and maturity. There's no guarantee staying the full 4 years, 5 if redshirt, but you certainly have way more data to base a decision on. And 2 or 3 more years of maturity. What's happening now is that experience and maturity is having to occur the first 2 to 3 years in the NFL all while being tasked with producing right away. But it is what it is.

New England didn’t succeed with Cam Newton last season. Trevor Lawrence has had one of the worst rookie seasons I’ve seen in recent years for a number one overall draft pick. Granted he plays for a bad team but so did Joe Burrow and he showed a lot of promise as a rookie. Justin Fields has shown flashes but he hasn’t been all that impressive either. Zach Wilson has had a worse rookie season in NY than Sam Darnold. The two top QBs taken have looked dismal. I would hate to be a team that needs a QB.