Tun Blitz -- twice?

TunaCaserole

Reaction score
Wade said he called a run blitz on both runs.
Burned once -- i call it awful luck.
Second time -- a very stupid call!!!!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
They had been stopping the run all game long with a basic package, why stop what's working?

mmohican29

Reaction score
it's not a stupid call. we need to stop the run in that situation. period. the run blitz is designed to keep the ball at the line of scrimmage. the second td, the play should have been dead after one yard.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TunaCaserole;2511264 said:
Wade said he called a run blitz on both runs.
Burned once -- i call it awful luck.
Second time -- a very stupid call!!!!

The second one wasn't on the call. It was on bad tackling. Period.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Clove;2511307 said:
They had been stopping the run all game long with a basic package, why stop what's working?

They were running run blitzes at different times all game long. They didn't just call a run blitz on the last two plays.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Rack;2511322 said:

I believe both runs were a case of bad tackling. The whole bad tackling thing is getting old.

Venger

Reaction score
You can almost allow for a long one getting broken. But how do you not talk about it on the sideline and say to everyone afterwards that you HAVE to hold your run lanes and you cannot have your LBs caught up in line traffic - if you aren't hitting a hole, move LATERAL to make a play. Instead, everyone ran into the pile. Bad coaching, bad play.

funkytown

Reaction score
both plays had bad tackling....

why call run blitzes in that situation, all you have to do is stop the run. You dont have to stop them for a loss. We had 3 timeouts, dont let them get a first down...PERIOD...

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Nope, not a stupid call.

It was stupid play by the players.

I refuse to call aggressive play calling stupid.

Wade decided to put it in the hands of the players by calling an aggressive play, and the defense gave up.:bang2:

Undisputed

Reaction score
The Tun Blitz? Is that the one where everyone just whiffs their tackles and disgraces their team, stunning the crowd on a night that was supposed to be a celebration?

Gotta find that one in Madden...;)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;2511322 said:

both were bad tackling...just pathetic job by Hamlin, he's the biggest POS on the team IMO

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Venger;2511343 said:
You can almost allow for a long one getting broken. But how do you not talk about it on the sideline and say to everyone afterwards that you HAVE to hold your run lanes and you cannot have your LBs caught up in line traffic - if you aren't hitting a hole, move LATERAL to make a play. Instead, everyone ran into the pile. Bad coaching, bad play.

My guess is that it was never brought up.

TunaCaserole

Reaction score
funkytown;2511364 said:
both plays had bad tackling....

why call run blitzes in that situation, all you have to do is stop the run. You dont have to stop them for a loss. We had 3 timeouts, dont let them get a first down...PERIOD...

Totally Agree!!!!!!!!!

Venger

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2511374 said:
My guess is that it was never brought up.
And isn't that part of the whole crazy problem... was Wade too busy ordering Ribs and Cole Slaw to get with that defense? What does he do beside wander the sideline like the ******** kid lost during a field trip to the museum?