Turkey Soup and a Friday 5 announcement.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I just started one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving which is making the turkey soup. I have the carcass simmering to make the stock right now - it smells damn good! :D

I'm going to take a holiday break from the Friday 5 but let's hear from you all in this thread what you are doing today and this weekend.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Signals;3719595 said:
I just started one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving which is making the turkey soup. I have the carcass simmering to make the stock right now - it smells damn good! :D

I'm going to take a holiday break from the Friday 5 but let's hear from you all in this thread what you are doing today and this weekend.

1. Wishing I was at Signals house, smelling that stock simmering.
2. Wishing I was at Signals house eating the finished product.
3. Being thankful I didn't have to cook this year, but being somewhat bummed that I don't have the left-overs to make that soup.
4. Working. (What? :( )
5. Staring into the abyss.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
I usually work on Saturdays, but I switched it for today. I have to go get a haircut, so I always have to wrangle a day off. At least things are relatively quiet around the house, so I'm actually able to work.

I never did finish unpacking the rest of the stuff, but I will have to now, as the room with all the boxes is the room where the Christmas tree will have to go. Doh! :cool:

Phoenix

Reaction score
1. Recovering from not one, but two different Thanksgiving meals yesterday - lunch, dinner, at different friend's houses (thankfully the side dishes were completely different)... :D

2. Trying to accept reality of our loss yesterday

3. Avoiding shopping malls at all costs

4. Still laughing at the idiots I saw camped out in front of Best Buy BEFORE OUR GAME yesterday

5. Watching college football

6. Maxing and relaxing :)

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Phoenix;3719805 said:
4. Still laughing at the idiots I saw camped out in front of Best Buy BEFORE OUR GAME yesterday

Why were people camping out in front of Best Buy?

rkell87

Reaction score
Phoenix;3719805 said:
1. Recovering from not one, but two different Thanksgiving meals yesterday - lunch, dinner, at different friend's houses (thankfully the side dishes were completely different)... :D

2. Trying to accept reality of our loss yesterday

3. Avoiding shopping malls at all costs

5. Watching college football

6. Maxing and relaxing :)

freshprince-credits.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Besides hanging out with family in DFW, the only other thing I did was have dinner and drinks with some old co-workers from Dallas and went to the Mavs vs Heat game at the AAC.