Turley takes a final shot at Martz

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
From the Redzone

Turley takes a final shot at Martz

Never one to mince his words, Kyle Turley took a shot at Rams coach Mike Martz after being released.

In an interview with Michael Silver of Sports Illustrated, Turley says of Martz, "I know that guy's intentions," I know what his motives are. Whatever face he wants to put on for the media, I think anybody can see right through that. I know he had just as much ill intent to get rid of me as he did for Kurt Warner. He wanted to get rid of Kurt because Kurt was on his s--- list. I guess I got on the list, too, by 'faking a back injury' and 'taking the money and running.'

“When I played for them (in ’03), I did my job. It wasn’t my fault we didn’t go for a f--- touchdown against the Carolina Panthers in the playoffs with 45 seconds left. We could’ve gone to the f—Super Bowl, but we kicked a field goal and lost… He can live in that dream world where he can do no wrong, but one day it’s going to come back to bite him in the ***.”

Turley was released this week after failing his physical. He missed all of last season with a back injury and then essentially wrote his ticket out of St. Louis when he engaged in a shouting match with coach Mike Martz.

The Rams waited until after June to waive Turley, splitting their salary cap hit to $1.82 million in 2005.

Turley started every game at right tackle in 2003 for the Rams after being acquired from the New Orleans Saints for a second-round pick. However, he underwent surgery for a herniated disc in 2004 and was placed on injured reserve in August.

Turley played at about 310 pounds at tackle, but his weight dropped to below 250 in the offseason.

For the complete story, go to this URL: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/michael_silver/06/10/silver.turley/index.html