Turn Prescott into Newton?

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yes turn Prescott into Newton and then Red Rifle gets to start...

Wood

Reaction score
First off, I realize Prescott is not the runner Cam Newton is but Josh McDaniels really pulled one on MIA with his play calling to Newton's strength and not letting MIA get to his weakness. And we can debate the accuracy of the two QB's in another thread, this is about using their legs. And NE is going to be a tough team to defend.

The Cowboys need to play some ball control against ATL and unlike NE, they have real strength at the skill positions to create the opportunities.

I don't care what kind of offense a team runs, the absolute hardest to defend is the one with a mobile QB. Hell, we've seen the proof of that facing those teams for years.

This is not about debating Prescott but as far as a drop back pocket passer, he is not top 10 in my book but add the legs and he becomes top 10 QB and adds one more threat to the offense.

So, the downside is what? Risk getting the QB injured? Who cares? He's on a one year deal and the Cowboys have the best back up situation they've had in years, although he is not a mobile QB.

The Cowboys have to win this game. They're banged up and they need this game to establish some confidence because if they lose this game, that old devil "Doubt" is going to show up and they're headed to SEA the following week.

They're playing as stationary a QB as there is in the league on Sunday and if this pass rush is what it's been sold as, they should make it uncomfortable back there. This is a team the Cowboys have to beat and yes, it is CC's first "Must Win" game of 2020! You knew it was coming and admit it, you look forward to getting on poor li'l ole me and his Must Wins and I enjoy serving it up to you.

But seriously, there is no holding back on this one. Use all of the skill and talent of this QB because as a passer he's not Ryan's equal but as a QB, he can be his superior. And this team needs that this Sunday.

Has chronic right shoulder injury dating back to college. How long would you expect his body/shoulder to hold up if they start game planning running plays for him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has chronic right shoulder injury dating back to college. How long would you expect his body/shoulder to hold up if they start game planning running plays for him.
Don't want any getting injured but the object of the game is to win the game. Cannot do that without risking injury to players. Is he more at risk staying in the pocket?

shabazz

Reaction score
Cam Newton came in to this league as a pure passer that can also make big plays with his league. From day 1 he’s been an elite passer and could match yardage with ant too 5 Qb in the league

It’s disrespectful to even compare him to Prescott in any way shape or form.

Newton has carried an offense that has had horrific o-lines and subpar Wr’s. He’s had good running backs and that’s about it.

Prescott is no better than a prime Dalton and perhaps not even that level. He was gifted with an elite offense around him and has earned nothing and continues to falter in big games and when facing.adversity.