Turns out, the earth is flat

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Eddie-Bravo-696x399.jpg

This was one of the most entertaining podcasts I've seen. Conspiracy nuts one upping each other with Rogan.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is due to people believing anything that other people tell them any not even questioning it for a second.

It's like people today are incapable independent thought. They require other people to tell them what they believe. Then you have these articles, TV shows, etc that claim to be news, but are actually just taking advantage of these people. It's why I've always said that 100 IQ being the average is just not good enough.

If only people would think for themselves rather than letting the rest of the world pound lies into their head and then them take that as truth. People with that mentality will never become more intelligent. They will just because more ignorant of the truth.

Everyone should question everything.
I think in the case of Flat Earthers and such, some people just want to think they're smarter than everyone else because they "get it", when most of the world doesn't.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I think in the case of Flat Earthers and such, some people just want to think they're smarter than everyone else because they "get it", when most of the world doesn't.
I did the rabbit hole game in my teens but stuff made more and more sense as you learn about science, religion, and just gen psychology of human behavior of needing answers when the simplest one is usually the case; que that latin phrase occam's razor or something. The conspiracy guys want to bypass the education aspect bc 1. it's boring, and 2.) takes time and money to educate yourself as opposed to watching some youtube conspiracy video cherry picking facts that are easy to digest and conclude on. Big fan of X Files growing up so lead into some of that but most (99%) time I'm proven wrong going for the easy answers aka conspiracy stuff. We got paperclip, testing on our soldiers, Vietnam and Cambodia, etc. The Hitler colony in Argentina was also true but labeled as conspiracy theory. Just dig on your own I guess is my point in this long winded love/hate of conspiracy theories.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They are absolutely bat **** crazy. They think every picture taken of Earth from all the satellites, manned missions to the moon, etc. are all fake.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

That’s the Stereotype to Label all Stereotypes though if u think about it.. Not that what most of what you’re saying isn’t often very true.

The point is that some stuff is obvious, other things are just totally messed up, and then some stuff is split.

What many who just don’t know are missing, is that the things that are actually true, those things are deliberately being blasted in our faces.

And most people are desensitized that way at an adolescent age.. Adults that lap it up have been, “Programmed” for generations...

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I don't understand the people who say it's a conspiracy. Why? What does anyone on the planet have to gain by going through all the lies, fake photos, falsified science, etc. that would be necessary to keep this Flat Earth "reality" a secret?

It's a conspiracy to sell globes. If the public learned the truth, the glob makers would all be out of business.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
"This is one of the strongest magnets in the world." :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:This stuff is so intentionally stupid that I LOVE it!

I know. I was laughing my okole off at it. I love the part where he asks his friend if his finger gets pulled off, will he put it on ice for him. Hahahaha.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
This is due to people believing anything that other people tell them any not even questioning it for a second.

It's like people today are incapable independent thought. They require other people to tell them what they believe. Then you have these articles, TV shows, etc that claim to be news, but are actually just taking advantage of these people. It's why I've always said that 100 IQ being the average is just not good enough.

If only people would think for themselves rather than letting the rest of the world pound lies into their head and then them take that as truth. People with that mentality will never become more intelligent. They will just because more ignorant of the truth.

Everyone should question everything.

Yeah. You can prove the Earth is round quite easily through scientific experimentation. They were able to hypothesize this around 500-300BC. Someone already posted a link that provides a way for a child to figure this out.

I am an airline pilot and commute to work. I live in Dallas, but am based in New York. I ride in the back in uniform, and occasionally get someone asking me about flat Earth. I just troll them with this picture of an attitude indicator:

r0gyl.png

If the Earth is round, why is the display showing a flat horizon? Of course it's flat!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah. You can prove the Earth is round quite easily through scientific experimentation. They were able to hypothesize this around 500-300BC. Someone already posted a link that provides a way for a child to figure this out.

I am an airline pilot and commute to work. I live in Dallas, but am based in New York. I ride in the back in uniform, and occasionally get someone asking me about flat Earth. I just troll them with this picture of an attitude indicator:

r0gyl.png

If the Earth is round, why is the display showing a flat horizon? Of course it's flat!
I actually saw a flat earther video where he cited that exact thing. Lol

lukin2006

Reaction score
I don't understand the people who say it's a conspiracy. Why? What does anyone on the planet have to gain by going through all the lies, fake photos, falsified science, etc. that would be necessary to keep this Flat Earth "reality" a secret?

That is a great question. I have no idea why. People do not believe the moon landing took place. People believe 911 was an inside job. People are stupid...

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've always wondered if any of the prehistoric humans figured out that the earth is round. I would think people like the Neanderthals thought it was flat, but we don't know for sure. That was before recorded history. Maybe they figured it out somehow.