News: Turpin's Cowboy contract

OGCowboy

Reaction score
There’s one key here...if the kid is a success and creates a lot of good press for Jerrah....he will put him on the BFF list and the kid will be locked up....

Motorola

Reaction score
It's a typical rookie udfa deal.
IMO - not typical; Cowboys obviously were keeping an eye on Turpin because of his stellar play @ TCU.
Then - with his standout play in the restarted USFL - Dallas FO went all in to lock him up on the roster thru training camp.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Definitely a good call on whoever kept tabs on this kid through his journey.
Dayum good job

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

CWR

Reaction score
They will have his rights for 4 just like all the other udfas that are on the 53.

I guess I'm just used to finding these diamonds in the rough, and then we only have them locked down for a season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
LOL he got the jones boys special low ball offer!
  • 2022 Salary Cap Charge: $705,000 (0.32% of cap)
  • 2022 Cash Payout: $705,000 (0.34% of spending)
  • 2022 Cash to Cap Ratio: 1.00
  • Contract Value: $2,560,000 ($853,333 APY)
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $0
  • Contract Ranking: 291/362 at WR
2023 - $870,000
2024 - $985,000

no guaranteed $ means he better hope he doesnt get bad injury early in this deal.
Looks like no incentives at all
So if he returns 30 kicks for td's, he doesnt make a penny more.

It will take him 2 seasons completed to clear a million ! lol.

what offers was he getting from anyone else? The guy was in USFL most hear claimed it was a joke league. Cowboys gave him the opportunity to play in the NFL

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. I bet he wished he could renegotiate about now. Very cheap contract by NFL standards and zero guaranteed money. He should have signed a one year deal and then cashed in next year. If he sucks this year, he doesn't get to year 2 on this deal anyway. If he's as good in regular season as he has been in the preseason, then he basically cost himself millions of dollars.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
People get scared at big numbers like they are the ones paying lol. If Ceedee is indeed a #1 WR like we think he is, we should have no problem paying him the going rate. That’s how this thing works guys.
Don't really understand why some find it hard to well.....understand. Just like dude said to Matt Damon, "pay the man his money".

DandyDon52

Reaction score
what offers was he getting from anyone else? The guy was in USFL most hear claimed it was a joke league. Cowboys gave him the opportunity to play in the NFL
All true, but it would not have have hurt cowboys to include some bonus money
for returns for tds and td's as a wr.
That way if he does good he can make more than minimum nfl wages.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
All true, but it would not have have hurt cowboys to include some bonus money
for returns for tds and td's as a wr.
That way if he does good he can make more than minimum nfl wages.

Right now I can promise you he is excited just to be on an NFL team. Pretty much all hope was gone until USFL came along. He was expelled off of TCU because of a domestic violence incident, was not even on NFL radar screen. He now has a chance thanks to the Cowboys.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm excited about his upside as well, but I fear some folks are getting way ahead of themselves on him.

Clearly he is PR1. Is he going to get kickoffs ahead of Pollard as well? I'd probably go with that.

I wonder how much receiver we will need him to play. If nothing else he should be nice decoy, or get some reverses, etc.

We've needed someone who could stretch the defense. Hopefully he can fill that void and add a dynamic to the team overall.

I'm just skeptical until I see a little more. It's almost too good to be true to find this guy out of basically nowhere.

The universe no longer allows us good things after Jerry's deal for SBXXX. Karma ain't exactly his friend lately either lol.

Motorola

Reaction score
If he's as good as everyone here thinks or wants him to be, he'll be looking to renegotiate.
Wow. I bet he wished he could renegotiate about now. Very cheap contract by NFL standards and zero guaranteed money. He should have signed a one year deal and then cashed in next year. If he sucks this year, he doesn't get to year 2 on this deal anyway. If he's as good in regular season as he has been in the preseason, then he basically cost himself millions of dollars.
Since leaving TCU, Turpin has been with the:
Frisco Fighters of the IFL
FCF Glacier Boyz
Panthers Wroclaw - ELF
New Jersey Generals of the (resurgent) USFL
Pretty sure the new addition to the Dallas Cowboys roster is very satisfied with his contract for now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
IMO - not typical; Cowboys obviously were keeping an eye on Turpin because of his stellar play @ TCU.
Then - with his standout play in the restarted USFL - Dallas FO went all in to lock him up on the roster thru training camp.
It was Fossil that pout the alert out on him , this is and has been his Tavon Austin type he loves to use. bonus his age and experience hes not a rookie..he too the long path here and you can tell hes motivated and can pay offense..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Since leaving TCU, Turpin has been with the:
Frisco Fighters of the IFL
FCF Glacier Boyz
Panthers Wroclaw - ELF
New Jersey Generals of the (resurgent) USFL
Pretty sure the new addition to the Dallas Cowboys roster is very satisfied with his contract for now.
the money, while nice cherry on top for guy like him, wasn't his motivation it was making the NFL and showing his worth..

you can tell hes highly grateful and very motivated to still prove himself. coming from LA and playing at TCU this has to be a dream come true. hes close to home and finally has shot not at making the NFL but showing he belongs. I like guys like that..he will be hungry for a while.

J-man

Reaction score
Nice, I didn't realize it was for 3 years. They must have had a thought that he could possibly be a play maker or else he would've just gotten a 1 year show me deal.