T'was the little dinks and dunks that sunk us.

warren smith

Reaction score
The Saints saw our Giants game film and exposed our weakness. The G-men dumped off to Tiki and to Jacobs and they gained a ton of yards and could have won the game. Payton dumped off little passes in the flat to Bush and Deuce and Kearney for 5-8 yards at a time. Kept drives going and we were on our heels. Some dunks went for big yards. Zimmer never kept an eye on this pattern and that in turn opened up longer passes downfield. Hurts when you can't tackle too. IMHO we were spent from the Giants game. Romo lost sight of the dinks and dunks to our own backs and saw only long downfield. Mistake. See if he learns- he's really only a "rookie" with 7 games under his belt. "Let's not annoint him yet", are prophetic words indeed.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I think the emotional high we were on after the Giants' game, the reading of the press clippings annointing us the NFC representative bit us big time.

In the end, we never going to run the table.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
warren smith;1225062 said:
The Saints saw our Giants game film and exposed our weakness. The G-men dumped off to Tiki and to Jacobs and they gained a ton of yards and could have won the game. Payton dumped off little passes in the flat to Bush and Deuce and Kearney for 5-8 yards at a time. Kept drives going and we were on our heels. Some dunks went for big yards. Zimmer never kept an eye on this pattern and that in turn opened up longer passes downfield. Hurts when you can't tackle too. IMHO we were spent from the Giants game. Romo lost sight of the dinks and dunks to our own backs and saw only long downfield. Mistake. See if he learns- he's really only a "rookie" with 7 games under his belt. "Let's not annoint him yet", are prophetic words indeed.

It all goes back to Zimmer. He's not a 3-4 coach. He'll always be a 4-3 coach. He never sees a bad matchup he doesnt want to get out of. Never has....never will.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Romo is playing differently since his breakout TB game. He needs to get back to what made him effective in the Panthers, Skins, and Cardinals games. Quick read, quick release, get the ball to Witten and Owens around the hashes.

This might be even easier considering teams are now taking away his tendency to roll left or right on each passing play by rushing their DE's upfield vs directly at Tony. He needs to take what is given him and quit winging it downfield so often. I'm a lil concerned with his play, but I think the coaching staff will take him back to school a lil bit and he'll be ok.

Also, something still isn't right with our running game. Yes I know JJ had some nice runs. But consider our second drive. First play no game, second play 3 yards. 4th play pass incomplete. And this was with good field position. It's still hit or miss with this run game of ours, despite some nice runs today.