Tweeners - other possibilities

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
We all know that JJ mentioned the possibility of going with a tweener in the draft. Lawson, Wimbley, and even Gocong have been discussed a few times on this board. Are there any opinions on Mark Anderson (Alabama) or Stanley McClover (Auburn) as 2nd or 3rd round possibilities?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I like both of those guys. A guy I also like that really nobody talks about is James Wyche from Syracuse. We should really know a great deal about this kid because of Pasqualoni. If he's any good at all, he is probably on our board as a later round pick.

Woods

Reaction score
P. Haralson (sp?) out of Tenn. is another one. He's probably a 2nd rounder.

I don't think Hali fits the mold.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about Victor Adeyanju from Indiana? Anyone think he can play OLB?

tm1119

Reaction score
From what i have read many people doubt Anderson's ability to convert to OLB. Many have said he doesnt have the agility or hip movement to run in coverage or cover the whole field.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
What about Victor Adeyanju from Indiana? Anyone think he can play OLB?

I really can't speak on his insticts for the position because I have never seen him play but he looks more like a 43 DE to me.. 6"4 275 with 4.8 speed? I don't know that he would have the flat out speed to play OLB in a 34. His size would suggest that he probably doesn't have the hips to change direction like you would need or the feet to cover n space. Really nothing more then looking at numbers and making assumptions on my part, (which is always the worst kind of evaluation) but that's what I would think from 10K ft up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's why I was intrigued:

# 55 Willie McGinest
3927.jpg
Position: DE
Height: 6-5
Weight: 270
Born: 12/11/1971
College: Southern California
NFL Experience: 13

One other note:

Victor AdeyanjuDEAdeyanju (6-4, 267) ran 4.68 and 4.69 in the 40. He did the everything else at the Combine.

I'm intrigued by this player.:cunning:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
Here's why I was intrigued:

# 55 Willie McGinest
3927.jpg
Position: DE
Height: 6-5
Weight: 270
Born: 12/11/1971
College: Southern California
NFL Experience: 13

One other note:

Victor AdeyanjuDEAdeyanju (6-4, 267) ran 4.68 and 4.69 in the 40. He did the everything else at the Combine.

I'm intrigued by this player.:cunning:

That's interesting. I was under the impression that he ran closer to a 4-8 and checked in around 275, plus or minus a biscut. Still, it would probably depend on what his 10, 20 and short shuttle times looked like in comparision to some of the other top rated OLB prospects.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
The_Jackal said:
We all know that JJ mentioned the possibility of going with a tweener in the draft. Lawson, Wimbley, and even Gocong have been discussed a few times on this board. Are there any opinions on Mark Anderson (Alabama) or Stanley McClover (Auburn) as 2nd or 3rd round possibilities?

I liked McGlover when I saw him play and most draft pubs had him as a 2nd/3rd/4th rd pick, but I noticed in the latest two PFW player charts they had McGlover as a "priority free agent" instead of in a draftable area..I dont know if they found out something about him off field ,or just dont like him as a player, but:

PFA
Darrell Adams Sir Henry Anderson ILB Kai Parham SS Tra Boger Tramon Williams
Stanley McClover Marcus Green OLB Marcello Church FS Antwan Marsh Justin Wyatt
Copeland Bryan Wayne Dickens OLB James Anderson FS Marcus Demps Cletis Gordon
Matthew Rice Tommy Jackson ILB Oliver Hoyte FS Tyrone Culver John Walker
Eric Henderson Alex Guerrero LB Trent Bray SS Charlie Peprah Derrick Martin
Garrett McIntyre Anthony Montgomery OLB Ricky Brown FS Nate Salley Levonne Rowen
Brent Hawkins Antwon Burton OLB Timi Wusu SS Jahmile Addae Eric Bassey
Michael Brown ILB Will Derting S Jaxson Appel Chris Hawkins
Montez Murphy ILB Freddie Roach SS Vincent Meeks Gabriel Fulbright
Jason Hall OLB Bobby Iwuchukwu S Reed Doughty Kevin Stanle