Twitter: Twitter 12/24 Thread

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Santa’s coming! Enjoy Zoners

That pissed me off big time! I knew it was very little with out taking an actual count. The Iggles blitzed about 5:1 compared to us.

It was sickening watching us line up in our very basic defense, getting gashed by the run, the screen, and TE’s in the middle of the field all damn day long!

Kris Richard and Marinelli need to be gone along with Garrett!!!! Possibly Kellen too.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That pissed me off big time! I knew it was very little with out taking an actual count. The Iggles blitzed about 5:1 compared to us.

It was sickening watching us line up in our very basic defense, getting gashed by the run, the screen, and TE’s in the middle of the field all damn day long!

Kris Richard and Marinelli need to be gone along with Garrett!!!! Possibly Kellen too.
Nobody gets a pass. Last week we played man on the outside and took away the WR and covered TE. And the rams actually have WR. This week the egirls have no WR and would have been easy to play man and take them away and cover the TE. But no, they went right back to zone. SOFT ZONE. Never tried to get wentz. Cover the TE and watch the screen. We couldn’t do that. We got gashed with the run and the week before we took gurly out of the game. Still held them to 17 points. If we played that against the rams they would have hung 50 on us. Our Offense after running last week like a champ. Decides to take our QB with a injured shoulder and make him throw all day. Abandon the run when Elliot starts getting 7+ yards a clip. And why!! Because Pollard put it on the ground.

CWR

Reaction score
They were 2-2 and we were 3-0 and winning. What happened? :huh:

3-0 = amazing culture

3-3 = awful culture

I hear it every year. Every team that is having a great season has an amazing culture. Then when that team falls out in subsequent seasons they have a cultural problem.

Im not defending or slamming our culture. Im saying its one of the most hypocritical sayings in football.

gmb1

Reaction score
3-0 = amazing culture

3-3 = awful culture

I hear it every year. Every team that is having a great season has an amazing culture. Then when that team falls out in subsequent seasons they have a cultural problem.

Im not defending or slamming our culture. Im saying its one of the most hypocritical sayings in football.
I'm still confused, but why do the Cowboys consistently play like gutless pigs when it matters regardless of personnel? Regardless of the year? Maybe it's culture or maybe it isn't.

Question of the century. :mad:

visionary

Reaction score
Some of those throws are spot on and just plain dropped by WRs but other throws are off and behind and watch Daks mechanics, maybe 2 of those throws are with him driving off the front foot, the rest are off balance lazy throws

the QB and the WRs Noth were to blame

in the end this is about the HC who css as my hold his players accountable

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Santa’s coming! Enjoy Zoners

That is pathetic. They have no WR that scares you, Ertz was hurt and once again this coaching staff lets an opposing QB stand up tall in the pocket with little to no pressure.

It isn't like rushing 4 was effective either.

Can't wait for this entire coaching staff to hit the bricks.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Makes me wonder how much of this is scheme or how much of it is just Prescott not making the right decision to change the play (if he even has that level of power/ability).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is pretty eye opening. It shows you how small the line is between winning and losing. The Cowboys make one or two of those plays, their offense may get in a rhythm and the game may have been completely different. It is amazing how often a few plays or missed plays can be the difference in a win or a loss.

The thing is we rarely make those plays, but allow them to be made against us quite often.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm still confused, but why do the Cowboys consistently play like gutless pigs when it matters regardless of personnel? Regardless of the year? Maybe it's culture or maybe it isn't.

Question of the century. :mad:

I wasn't attempting to answer that. I only wanted to point out how fluid a team's "culture" is. Winning cures all. 2014, 2016,2018 we had a great culture and everyone loved being a Cowboy. Now the culture is toxic. The culture never changed, only the perception changed.

My personal opinion is our staff and our culture are both hurting us. When the FO realized all of the responsibilities they needed to take away from JG in order for him to be effective they should've realized he wasn't a great coach and never would be.

Whoever the new coach is he will need autonomy to run his team. If he isn't able to choose coordinators/coaches and over ride play calls / formations / player groupings then he will fail as well. Im hoping the FO realizes that now. Thats not to say they made a mistake taking certain responsibilities away from JG. The mistake was keeping him in light of the facts.