Twitter: Twitter 12/24 Thread

CWR

Reaction score
Some of those throws are spot on and just plain dropped by WRs but other throws are off and behind and watch Daks mechanics, maybe 2 of those throws are with him driving off the front foot, the rest are off balance lazy throws

the QB and the WRs Noth were to blame

in the end this is about the HC who css as my hold his players accountable

Haven't watched again, but I will take your word for it. Most of Daks really bad throws are set up with crappy footwork. Those habits have got to stop for him to he successful. It looked like he had corrected a lot early in the season, but under fire and when things arent going our way he reverts back to it, and it kills us.

gmb1

Reaction score
I wasn't attempting to answer that. I only wanted to point out how fluid a team's "culture" is. Winning cures all. 2014, 2016,2018 we had a great culture and everyone loved being a Cowboy. Now the culture is toxic. The culture never changed, only the perception changed.

My personal opinion is our staff and our culture are both hurting us. When the FO realized all of the responsibilities they needed to take away from JG in order for him to be effective they should've realized he wasn't a great coach and never would be.

Whoever the new coach is he will need autonomy to run his team. If he isn't able to choose coordinators/coaches and over ride play calls / formations / player groupings then he will fail as well. Im hoping the FO realizes that now. Thats not to say they made a mistake taking certain responsibilities away from JG. The mistake was keeping him in light of the facts.
That is somewhat true, but I think part of the fluidity is the leadership and personnel. Sometimes guys get hurt or leave in free agency. Sometimes an assistant coach leaves for another job and perhaps that's the difference. It's rare these days to stay pat from year to year especially since free agency. Gone are the days where we knew the Cowboys were gonna compete at a high level year after year.

Of course none of these things apply to the Patriots. :rolleyes:

CWR

Reaction score
That is somewhat true, but I think part of the fluidity is the leadership and personnel. Sometimes guys get hurt or leave in free agency. Sometimes an assistant coach leaves for another job and perhaps that's the difference. It's rare these days to stay pat from year to year especially since free agency. Gone are the days where we knew the Cowboys were gonna compete at a high level year after year.

Of course none of these things apply to the Patriots. :rolleyes:

Yes with success comes staff turn over. If you have great coaches in key positions they should not only be coaching players but mentoring the coaches underneath them. If the assistant coaches are buying in there shouldn't be a huge problem carrying the team forward when a coach leaves.

Team leaders are also a big part of it. Tyrone Crawford for all the criticism was missed this season. I think there's a good reason he is a captain. Witten probably didn't have the impact they hoped for. At his age and production level I dont think he's able to lead like he once did.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
That is pathetic. They have no WR that scares you, Ertz was hurt and once again this coaching staff lets an opposing QB stand up tall in the pocket with little to no pressure.

It isn't like rushing 4 was effective either.

Can't wait for this entire coaching staff to hit the bricks.
As I've said for years..........never underestimate the incompetence of Jason Garrett.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm rooting for the Ravens in the playoffs like I did the last 2 times they won.
I talked to trouty a while ago. Told him you wished him a Merry Christmas. He appreciates you and might make an appearance later. Salud and Merry Christmas to you and your family. Garrett sucks!!!

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I talked to trouty a while ago. Told him you wished him a Merry Christmas. He appreciates you and might make an appearance later. Salud and Merry Christmas to you and your family. Garrett sucks!!!

Nice to hear about your contact with Trouty, miss him around here, hope he's doing well.

visionary

Reaction score
Haven't watched again, but I will take your word for it. Most of Daks really bad throws are set up with crappy footwork. Those habits have got to stop for him to he successful. It looked like he had corrected a lot early in the season, but under fire and when things arent going our way he reverts back to it, and it kills us.

he needs a real HC

Reactions: CWR

Alohawg1

Reaction score
Makes me wonder how much of this is scheme or how much of it is just Prescott not making the right decision to change the play (if he even has that level of power/ability).

He panics early and often, which leads to not going thru progressions and/or rushing throws, making them inaccurate. Watching that break down there were several wide open receivers on some plays, smh. What makes it worse is the drops, even on less than ideal placement.