FEATURED Twitter: Kellen Moore will call plays per McCarthy

Cowboys22

Reaction score
He lead the 2nd best offense in football and improved on most of our performance metrics from the prior year with existing personnel in place. As a first year OC.

It wasn’t the 2nd best offense simply because they gained the 2nd most yards. You win games by scoring points not by gaining yards. That stat is meaningless without the points and in return wins to go with it.

Gaede

Reaction score
Very interesting, and surprising. McCarthy's been around for a while, so I trust his judgment when it comes to the offense. But I really was hoping he'd call the plays.

Maybe a veteran overseer will help Moore stay balanced.

Also, great news about the defense. Big change = needed. That sounds great.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It wasn’t the 2nd best offense simply because they gained the 2nd most yards. You win games by scoring points not by gaining yards. That stat is meaningless without the points and in return wins to go with it.
Negative. It all starts with yards. Without the yards, you don't get the scoring. Just need to work on the scoring.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Sounds like too much Jerry influence still. I want to not believe that, but that’s how it looks. Never liked the Moore kid and still not convinced he really knows what he’s doing. There were a lot of “trash yards” this year at the end of games. As a result our offensive rankings this past season are overrated.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We got what we wanted. Stop pissing in our corn flakes.

d9gDyyt.jpg
We just found @Furboy 's super friend.

MikeT22

Reaction score
This is the biggest thing that makes me want to slap fans.

They think if a coach doesn't call defensive or offensive plays they aren't doing anything but....clapping. *cough*

McCarthy is the team's CEO. Buck stops with him but every CEO has a C-suite of executives that are specialized and given space to execute and perform.

The entire corporate world is moving away from the superhero executive culture. And for good reason.

No every HC doesn't have to call plays. BUT McCarthy did call plays the last 13 years he coached. But now he's turning it over to a guy he just met with one year of experience as OC. Yeah, definitely smells like a Jerry power move.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I SEE what MM is doing. He is attacking the real issues... if it ain’t broke don’t fix it...

If it ain’t broke ? Really ? Moore’s playcalling sucked inside the red zone and he went brain dead at critical times in big games...kind of like the Minnesota game and the one after. How about his calling a running play on 9 out of 10 first downs. And the same run play at that. Man, u guys get blinded by stats when they ran up the score against bad teams in the beginning of the season. They could barely score at the end of the season except for Commanders. There were 2 or 3 games the defense played well but we lost cause we couldn’t score. There’s a reason we needed a good field goal kicker. Moore knows Garrett’s offense and he’s learning on the job...that sound familiar? We’d be much better off if they got an oc with experience with a west coast offensive scheme. And don’t quote stats. Stats are for losers.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
Guys can we at least give him a year before we start this nonsense?

Let him build his staff and let’s see where it goes