Twitter reactions to Dallas Cowboys adding Everson Griffen to its roster

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
name me the probowl corners and safeties for the giants in 07 and 11? A good front seven can more than make up for average backfield.
Tiki Barber's brother was one of their safeties I think..

The rest are obscured in the mist of time.

:(

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
couldn't stand garrett, never sold on romo. now witten finally gone from that era. Finally starting new after all those years.

I'm thankful that they have Martin, LVE and Lee as the intellectual and emotional leaders and high character players.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'm thankful that they have Martin, LVE and Lee as the intellectual and emotional leaders and high character players.
You misspelled dak, tyron, d law
Lee should have been cut. LVE been in the league 2 minutes and injured for half those minutes

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak will own most Cowboy passing records with this receiving group...

He truly needs to. There are no excuses as to why he shouldn't. Given the circumstances regarding his contract negotiations and the fact that he's playing under the franchise tag, the pressure for him to have a huge season is enormous. And if he doesn't, it's all on him.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He truly needs to. There are no excuses as to why he shouldn't. Given the circumstances regarding his contract negotiations and the fact that he's playing under the franchise tag, the pressure for him to have a huge season is enormous. And if he doesn't, it's all on him.

‘Agreed. Hopefully Dalton pushes Dak as well...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
lol they didn’t have anyone good back there. Pass rush was so ferocious it didn’t matter, they had your qb on his back in 3 seconds or less
Hey..

You challenged me and I answered.

Yeah about the DL.

They ate us alive those years.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You misspelled dak, tyron, d law
Lee should have been cut. LVE been in the league 2 minutes and injured for half those minutes

No, I'm not referring just to physical ability.

They also brought in Blake Bell for added intelligence/leadership.

Jarwin and Connor Williams are up and coming leaders.

Baidasz and McGovern have potential; although, it will be hard to replace the smartest guy in Cowboys history, Travis Frederick.

Beaker42

Reaction score
couldn't stand garrett, never sold on romo. now witten finally gone from that era. Finally starting new after all those years.
Romo was the real deal but suffered mistake after mistake by his teammates. Look at the Dez catch game. Fumble by Demarco that would’ve sealed the win. Bad route running. Giving up on routes /plays. Bad defenses. His only mistake was the FG fumble his rookie year. The other two I agree with.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Job just know i recognize race baiting when i see it.
That's just your perception.

The players I've named are known as leaders and are known as above average from an intellectual & game knowledge perspective.

I'll leave QB out of the discussion because fans already have set opinions on that topic.

DLaw definitely has not been known as a leader.

Tyron is a solid citizen but in 2018 without Frederick being the on-field coach of the OL, Tyron had his worst season as a veteran.
- He made a large number of mental mistakes.

Whose else that remains on the team?

Cooper is a solid citizen but somewhat of a loner type personality.

Zeke has either been in trouble or out of shape way too often.

La'el has terrific physical ability but has struggled with the mental side of the game. He was still making a lot of mistakes in run blocking in 2019.

Looney is a solid citizen and physically played reasonably well in 2018 when replacing Frederick; however, one of the biggest problems that season was how much they missed Frederick's line calls and Frederick being an on-field coach.

Maybe Crawford, but he had the off-season bar brawl and limited talent.

Jaylon is a solid citizen but appears to struggle with the mental side of the game/scheme.

Anthony Brown might be if he was a true full time starter.

It's hard to put X.Woods into that category considering that the past couple of seasons he was eclipsed by Heath as a leader and scheme knowledge guy despite Heath having less physical talent.

Haha maybe but he has had some clashes with coaches in the past and some analysis of him claim he made a lot of mental mistakes after leaving the Packers.

Not Aldon Smith,not Griffen and not Randy Gregory.

Hopefully McCoy is a leader but he has made some odd-ball comments during the off-season and he had some clashes with coaches in the past.

Poe has never completely reached his physical potential (not consistently) and personality issues have reportedly been part of the issue with him.

Hadenough

Reaction score
you act like these guys are 36 years old or something. I guess some ppl have to find a way to be negative
The contracts these guys are getting are indicative of their value. Don't forget 6-8 years in the NFL is a long time.