Two good reasons for Adalius Thomas...

jsd27

Reaction score
1) Of course his talent and physical skills.

2) But most of all, we need some of that Ravens fire on the defensive side of the ball. As an outsider looking in, he'd get on the field and think he'd stepped into a twilight zone filled with sleeping zombies compared to being a part of that Ravens defense. Maybe he could be that spark plug the Dallas D needs.

To me, this guy, if he comes avaialble, should be the biggest priority of the offseason. I'd love to see Adalius Thomas, Ware, and Ellis on the field at the same time getting after the QB.

VirusX

Reaction score
He had a good year and hes 30?!

Two words, Cool Aid. He wont be what he is with the ravens here. Unless we make some major changes to our Defensive Scheme / Coaching.

richardtodd

Reaction score
the Ravens have told the Baltimore Sun that they will franchise Adalius Thomas if they can't get a deal done.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Three reasons it won't happen.

1. Spent a 1st rounder on Bobby Carpenter last year.

2. Signed FA Akin Ayodele from the Jags last year.

3. Gave Bradie James a big contract extension last year.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
VirusX;1316035 said:

Two words, Cool Aid. He wont be what he is with the ravens here. Unless we make some major changes to our Defensive Scheme / Coaching.

When I saw your avatar and your post I knew you were a smart individual.

They can bring Adalius,Urlacher,Andre Tippett and the defensive scheme will find a way to render them ordinary.

I truly don't see Jerry spending much more on defense after what he saw in December.

Eddie

Reaction score
No more overpriced FA's.

For the money Thomas is looking for, we can bring in half a dozen mid-level FA's. The season is a grind.

Carpenter is developing. Let's give him a chance before throwing him away.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eddie;1316186 said:
No more overpriced FA's.

For the money Thomas is looking for, we can bring in half a dozen mid-level FA's. The season is a grind.

Carpenter is developing. Let's give him a chance before throwing him away.

I agree with that.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If you think Carpenter will turn into a pressure player like Ware you are sadly mistaken. Will he be able to apply pressure? Sure, a little. He won't be Ware like. He won't even be Ellis like. Sitting on your hands won't fix anything. Carpenter will be a good player, but if you need pressure something has to be fixed. If you don't do it at outside linebacker, then you had better look to the defensive ends. Right now we have two that can't do it. It's not going to be easy to find 300 pound DEs that can pressure. Warren Sapp is a 300 lbs pressure guy, but he plays a 4-3 tackle and probably doesn't know how to play a two-gap defense. Add in the fact that he is over 30, and things arn't looking good. The easiest way to fix the pass rush problem is add a real pressure player as an OLB. Carpenter will be the third best if Ellis comes back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Thomas has had 1 season where the recorded double digit sacks and that was this past season. I would call this a buyer beware sign

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1316198 said:
I agree with that.

Per John Madden, Bill told him that even though Carp started the playoff game at OLB, his future and best spot is ILB.

If Madden is correct, I think we need another Ware type. Remember in the last draft, we targeted Wimbley first then Carp. If both were gone, we would have traded down, took Lawson and moved Ware to the Strong Side (LOLB). I thing we are going to take another DE in this draft and convert him to OLB. JMO

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
VirusX;1316035 said:

yeah I dont know why people dont get this...honestly people, how much more does it take before some of you figure this out?

David

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why exactly do people on this board always think that teams won't keep their better players?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dough Boy;1316238 said:
If Madden is correct, I think we need another Ware type. Remember in the last draft, we targeted Wimbley first then Carp. If both were gone, we would have traded down, took Lawson and moved Ware to the Strong Side (LOLB). I thing we are going to take another DE in this draft and convert him to OLB. JMO

People talked about this -- however, a) nobody was going to trade down with us -- 2006 was a "flat" draft around our pick -- there was no value to moving around -- there wasn't a single move up between 14 and 24 on draft day. Why? Because you could get the same quality of player at 23 as you got at 15. b) Ware to the strong side was discussed but really I don't think anyone in the organization would think that was a good idea.