Two KC coaches snapping at each other on the sideline after Dallas' TD.

NedK

Reaction score
On TV, after the replay of Dan Campbell catching that TD with 22 secs to go, they showed two KC coaches, one angrily snarling at the other, the one snarled at then angrily waving away the coach who snarled at him.

It looked a bit funny, but I realize how much this means to coaches.

Does anyone know who those coaches were, was it Vermeil yelling at the Defensive Coordinator, anything in the newspapers about it?

It was a lucky win, though well deserved since Dallas has had quite a bit of lousy luck in the 4th quarter.

I thought when they showed Newman getting beat for KC's TD which put KC up 28-24, that it was all over. Another game lost by Dallas in the 4th quarter.

parchy

Reaction score
Remember this? This was around that time.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v38/parchy/Gunther.jpg

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
NedK said:
On TV, after the replay of Dan Campbell catching that TD with 22 secs to go, they showed two KC coaches, one angrily snarling at the other, the one snarled at then angrily waving away the coach who snarled at him.

Does anyone know who those coaches were, was it Vermeil yelling at the Defensive Coordinator, anything in the newspapers about it?

It was a lucky win, though well deserved since Dallas has had quite a bit of lousy luck in the 4th quarter.

I thought when they showed Newman getting beat for KC's TD which put KC up 28-24, that it was all over. Another game lost by Dallas in the 4th quarter.

It was DC Gunther Cunningham and an assistant...

This was shortly after a close-up of Cunningham fipping the refs off... captured on national TV... you can find that pic around... ;)

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Gunther's a very hands on DC.

However-neither he(nor Mike Zimmer) can save this sorry D.

Coordinators are what they are-but they can only do so much too.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
NedK said:

Newman wasn't beat for a TD the coverage called for him to pass the reciver off to FS while he tool inside. FS didnt show up

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I saw Vermeil and another coach (whom I supposed to be the DC). I am almost sure that was Vermeil, just wasn't sure who the other coach was.
If it was me, I would be yelling at the one who calls the defensive plays for selling out like that on the run.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
NedK said:

Yeah I hear this ALL THE TIME... when the Cowboys win they were lucky... when they lose they were SUPPOSED to... LMAO

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
When they lost to the Skins and Hawks on fluke plays, missed FGs, and bad playcalling galore-my gut told me they'll get these games back sometime down the road. :)

The Curly One

Reaction score
I agree with that.

"When they lost to the Skins and Hawks on fluke plays, missed FGs, and bad playcalling galore-my gut told me they'll get these games back sometime down the road."

Some have blamed bad refferees calls or injuries for the losses but I do not by that. That has not been much of an issue.
Conservative play calling, Missed FG's, Fluke plays sure you are definatly right on target there. Curly

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Newman wasn't beat for a TD the coverage called for him to pass the reciver off to FS while he tool inside. FS didnt show up

...released Kennison to the left side of the defensive backfield. That was Roy's side of the field on that play.

Roy bit on a receiver to the middle AGAIN even though Davis played that correctly and was over top of that receiver.

Roy cost us the TD by covering the wrong guy.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
davidyee said:
...released Kennison to the left side of the defensive backfield. That was Roy's side of the field on that play.

Roy bit on a receiver to the middle AGAIN even though Davis played that correctly and was over top of that receiver.

Roy cost us the TD by covering the wrong guy.

Fortunately-aside from Steve Smith, Carolina has NOBODY. The Panthers ain't no KC O. :)

Reaction score
The Curly One said:
I agree with that.

Some have blamed bad refferees calls or injuries for the losses but I do not by that. That has not been much of an issue.
Conservative play calling, Missed FG's, Fluke plays sure you are definatly right on target there. Curly

though one must consider that the holding being done to Witten with seconds left wasn't half as bad as the holding being done to him in the endzone at Seattle,,, thank God this referree wasn't a spineless simp cowed into picking his flag up! :eek:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I get tired of people saying we were lucky to win when we come back late while at the same time saying we can't close when we give up games late.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I get tired of people saying we were lucky to win when we come back late while at the same time saying we can't close when we give up games late.
Well, don't let it bother you when NedK says it. He's a troll.

And a boring one at that. ;)

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
EGG said:
though one must consider that the holding being done to Witten with seconds left wasn't half as bad as the holding being done to him in the endzone at Seattle,,, thank God this referree wasn't a spineless simp cowed into picking his flag up! :eek:

...bad one for the refs to miss. The Cowboys were on the 6 yard line and the tackler had contact all the way to the goal line. Clearly beyond the five yard rule. (Take a look again through the vids another poster has so generously provided.)

The good thing was Bledsoe threw it to Witten which attracted the refs attention. You would expect refs to miss open players away from the play, but they do watch where the ball goes.