Two more juniors opt for draft

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
December 24
(2:00 PM): Two more juniors opt for draft… Thanks to the guys at NFL Draft Blitz for the heads up as two juniors – DE Jonathan Dingle of West Virginia and OT Franklin Dunbar of Middle Tennessee State – have declared for the 2008 draft. Both are considered to be mid-to-late round type prospects. The 6-foot-3, 275-pound Dunbar, who may get a long look from teams running 3-4 schemeser, had 46 tackles this season and led the team with 18 tackles for loss and eight sacks. For his part, the 6-5, 345-pound Dunbar, who may also get a look as an OG, is leaving school due to his family's financial hardship. Dunbar has already signed with an agent.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;1858543 said:
December 24
(2:00 PM): Two more juniors opt for draft… Thanks to the guys at NFL Draft Blitz for the heads up as two juniors – DE Jonathan Dingle of West Virginia and OT Franklin Dunbar of Middle Tennessee State – have declared for the 2008 draft. Both are considered to be mid-to-late round type prospects. The 6-foot-3, 275-pound Dunbar, who may get a long look from teams running 3-4 schemeser, had 46 tackles this season and led the team with 18 tackles for loss and eight sacks. For his part, the 6-5, 345-pound Dunbar, who may also get a look as an OG, is leaving school due to his family's financial hardship. Dunbar has already signed with an agent.

Dingle is a decent player with a good motor. However he has to be watched as he gets too excited and can get penalties due to celebrating too much.

He should NOT have declared early for the draft. He could use another year to bulk up some and get more exp.

With that said when the team was a base 3-3-5...no not a typo. And there were many times that even though they were only rushing minimal players to the QB he could become a disruptive force.

Would not take him with a day one pick at all...maybe a 6-7th rounder or undrafted guy for those teams that might be interested in him.

I don't see the cowboys even looking at him.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
so Dunbar is coming out to get money to help his poor family, huh? so that would make him hungry and determined to fight for a job and a contract to bring stability and a decent way of life for his financially stricken loved one, huh?

Well, if he is there in the 7th round, I wouldn't mind us going after him. He is a mammoth of a man, looking at his measurables.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ahh...Jonathan Dingle of the infamous Dingle-Berry photo.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1862959 said:
Ahh...Jonathan Dingle of the infamous Dingle-Berry photo.
That's the guy. I really hope I am watching when he gets drafted. Berman will have something cute to say.