Two options for us to dial it back a little

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No matter what, I’m a big fan of this forum and the great fans who post here. So this isn’t a huge deal for me but I am a bit mystified...A few weeks ago I proposed we add a Dak Prescott forum to house the seemingly endless number of Dak threads, similar to the one created for Tony Romo on the old Cowboys team site forum. There were so many Romo threads, it was just overwhelming, and fans were getting vicious to each other. So a Romo sub-forum was created.

One of the most common responses to that proposal I made was “It won’t be needed. It will all be over after the July 15 deadline”. Well that deadline has passed nearly two weeks ago and as I write this, there are are at least 16 Dak threads on the front page this forum this evening.

But it’s not just the Dak threads. Even threads that aren’t intended to be about Dak seem to often veer off into the dreaded “us vs them” camps that have started dividing us as fans. It’s ok to love or hate Dak. This is an opinion forum and a variety of opinions are what makes this place fun. But the vitriol for fellow Cowboys fans I’ve seen lately is just crazy. We’re Cowboys fans for god’s sake, not e-girls fans.

I’m hoping we all choose one of these two options to make this place better as we near the season to help us avoid the cut throat attitudes we have been getting so often:
  1. We stop waging war on each other based on a fan’s opinion about Dak. It’s ok to love him, hate him and everything in between. But the constant drum beat to ostracize each other based on that opinion is getting over the top. Can we save the venom for Filly fans? Or Daniel Snyder? Instead of each other?

2. If not, let’s create a Dak Prescott forum to keep the front page from becoming all we talk about.
I believe the first option is best. Can’t we ratchet back the slam fest a little bit based on whether or not someone agrees with your opinion about Dak? Can we just agree to disagree without the vitriol? If not, I say it’s time for the Dak sub-forum.

Qcard

Reaction score
No matter what, I’m a big fan of this forum and the great fans who post here. So this isn’t a huge deal for me but I am a bit mystified...A few weeks ago I proposed we add a Dak Prescott forum to house the seemingly endless number of Dak threads, similar to the one created for Tony Romo on the old Cowboys team site forum. There were so many Romo threads, it was just overwhelming, and fans were getting vicious to each other. So a Romo sub-forum was created.

One of the most common responses to that proposal I made was “It won’t be needed. It will all be over after the July 15 deadline”. Well that deadline has passed nearly two weeks ago and as I write this, there are are at least 16 Dak threads on the front page this forum this evening.

But it’s not just the Dak threads. Even threads that aren’t intended to be about Dak seem to often veer off into the dreaded “us vs them” camps that have started dividing us as fans. It’s ok to love or hate Dak. This is an opinion forum and a variety of opinions are what makes this place fun. But the vitriol for fellow Cowboys fans I’ve seen lately is just crazy. We’re Cowboys fans for god’s sake, not e-girls fans.

I’m hoping we all choose one of these two options to make this place better as we near the season to help us avoid the cut throat attitudes we have been getting so often:
  1. We stop waging war on each other based on a fan’s opinion about Dak. It’s ok to love him, hate him and everything in between. But the constant drum beat to ostracize each other based on that opinion is getting over the top. Can we save the venom for Filly fans? Or Daniel Snyder? Instead of each other?

2. If not, let’s create a Dak Prescott forum to keep the front page from becoming all we talk about.
I believe the first option is best. Can’t we ratchet back the slam fest a little bit based on whether or not someone agrees with your opinion about Dak? Can we just agree to disagree without the vitriol? If not, I say it’s time for the Dak sub-forum.
Nope this is good discourse..arguing about Dallas Cowboys QB is good old fashion Cowboy stuff.
Morton's crew lost...still Cowboy fans

Even Steve Walsh had a Cowboy contingent..Jimmy ties to Miami and taken high in supplemental draft.

We always argue about QBs. Only Superbowl appearance completely quites opposition but I know some Hurricane Fans who still think handing off to Emmitt was Troy greatest passes.

So enjoy the stew!! Only Superbowl appearance will kill the beast. Imagine Andy Dalton first pick 6 Int and Ceedee gets hurt trying to make a tackle....it can get worse

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope this is good discourse..arguing about Dallas Cowboys QB is good old fashion Cowboy stuff.

Even Steve Walsh had a Cowboy contingent..Jimmy ties to Miami and taken high in supplemental draft.

We always argue about QBs. Only Superbowl appearance completely quites opposition but I know some Hurricane Fans who still think handing off to Emmitt was Troy greatest passes.

So enjoy the stew!! Only Superbowl appearance will kill the beast. Imagine Andy Dalton first pick 6 Int and Ceedee gets hurt trying to make a tackle....it can get worse
I enjoy the stew too brother! Just don’t like the us vs them camps that have been developing.
PS...I liked Gary Hogeboom over Danny White for a while in the 80s, lol.

Qcard

Reaction score
I enjoy the stew too brother! Just don’t like the us vs them camps that have been developing.
PS...I like Gary Hogeboom over Danny White for a while in the 80s, lol.
I know we all get testy but mods handle it. I veer too sometimes.
Landry berth this bemoth. It is one stain on his stellar Preaching. QB Controversy. Tom's worst sermon ever.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score

Arguing is fine

But this has long since devolved from arguing to a name calling, insulting, and out right hateful and spiteful comments that spill out into other threads for no other reason then to further some nonsense belief that only one viewpoint is right.

If the posters aren't willing to admit that someone else can have a differing opinion and still be a cowboys fan then it's not an argument anymore.

Qcard

Reaction score
Arguing is fine

But this has long since devolved from arguing to a name calling, insulting, and out right hateful and spiteful comments that spill out into other threads for no other reason then to further some nonsense belief that only one viewpoint is right.

If the posters aren't willing to admit that someone else can have a differing opinion and still be a cowboys fan then it's not an argument anymore.
We have mods. It's being monitored.

QB stuff gets hot. $$$$ on the table

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
We have mods. It's being monitored.

QB stuff gets hot. $$$$ on the table

The mods do a great job, but they aren't instantly deleting things.

Whos money tho? The billion dollar franchise that makes more money then any other team in any sport period? Why should a few million dollars a year make fans want to quit being a fan of there favorite football team? Why should negotiations stalling for a year cause people to say hurtful and downright insulting things about other fans just because they agree or disagree with the decisions a player or executive makes?

We shouldn't have to rely on the Mods to police cowboy fans from abusing other cowboy fans. We should be above this. We have 31 other team fans to abuse. Why not spend sometime doing that, instead of tearing down a fellow cowboy fan because they think Dak is or isn't worth a long term contract

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Speaking for myself, I'm really pleased to see some sensitivity directed toward our fellow fans. We're something of a special community here and should be responsible to our other members to take care of affording them their due respect. A little more self restraint is really all it takes.

Sharing our opinions here is a special privilege that should be done honorably. Let's allow others within this forum the same level of respect that we crave for ourselves. This might well be a far better place to frequent for that to finally occur. After all, the best way to earn respect is to give it. ;)

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Arguing is fine

Click on the person to go to their profile, click on Ignore.

And like magic, the forum becomes a more pleasant place.

People are what they are, but you can choose not to let them intrude on your experience in the forum. Don't waste time cursing the darkness when you can light a candle.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I think the days are long past when users here will stop their current method of arguing about Prescott. The administrator saw fit to move all comments about covid-19 to a separate forum even when comments are in direct relationship to the Cowboys and/or the league. I believe it's long past time that the administrator takes the same action with Prescott and create his own forum and banish all comments about Prescott to that forum. I think that will go a long way into stopping many antagonistic comments now being made.

Qcard

Reaction score
The mods do a great job, but they aren't instantly deleting things.

Whos money tho? The billion dollar franchise that makes more money then any other team in any sport period? Why should a few million dollars a year make fans want to quit being a fan of there favorite football team? Why should negotiations stalling for a year cause people to say hurtful and downright insulting things about other fans just because they agree or disagree with the decisions a player or executive makes?

We shouldn't have to rely on the Mods to police cowboy fans from abusing other cowboy fans. We should be above this. We have 31 other team fans to abuse. Why not spend sometime doing that, instead of tearing down a fellow cowboy fan because they think Dak is or isn't worth a long term contract
:hammer:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Click on the person to go to their profile, click on Ignore.

And like magic, the forum becomes a more pleasant place.

People are what they are, but you can choose not to let them intrude on your experience in the forum. Don't waste time cursing the darkness when you can light a candle.
I know using ignore is an option. But I don’t like putting anyone on ignore. I like the variety of opinions. Some people I disagree with the most can throw down an opinion I like or find entertaining. I hate just ignoring a someone for any reason. Even when they occasionally antagonize. My point here is just to encourage us to to stop making every thread an us vs them division.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Controversy drives traffic . And traffic drives revenue.

I’ve been in several of these Dak threads and it hasn’t even came close to the violations and vitriol we had on the old forum. The Zone police are on it. This is simply are more modified place overall . Sometimes even too much. But better than not enough.

It’s the off season. It’s the one hot topic we’ve had besides the one that already has its own forum.

Don’t worry Bob once the season begins if it can there will be more to discuss. As I scroll down the front page there’s not much more of interest to discuss.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There's no solution, Dak is just current in a long line of players where the discourse has been exactly the same. Been happening on this board every single one of the 15 years I've been on it lol.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I know we all get testy but mods handle it. I veer too sometimes.
Landry berth this bemoth. It is one stain on his stellar Preaching. QB Controversy. Tom's worst sermon ever.

I loved Landry but the day he had Morton and Staubach alternate plays was a low point. I'm glad it flopped that day because it prompted guys like Lilly to go to him and say pick one - we need a leader.

He made the right choice.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I’m all for a Dak forum because Dak hating Trolls will never stop trolling. There are several of them. It’s how they get their daily jollies.