Ty Law still too pricey for the market

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I know no one wants this guy since a certain poster who shall remain nameless tried to pimp him for the last 3 years. :D But he makes sense if he'll play the end of his career as a safety. Heck, he's bigger than Keith Davis! On another note, isn't it great watching the Postons squirm as they continue having problems signing their high priced vets this offseason.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060331/SPORTS01/603310422/1027

CB Law interested in Titans

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

05lawty02.jpg

Veteran cornerback Ty Law, one of the top free agents still on the market, is interested in playing for the Titans.

Law's price tag, however, might keep the Titans from getting in the mix for five-time Pro Bowl selection.

Law's agent, Carl Poston, said yesterday he's had recent conversations with Titans General Manager Floyd Reese about bringing Law to Nashville for a visit. Reese downplayed the seriousness of those talks and said nothing had been planned.

"We are talking about it,'' Poston said.

"At this point, they have interest and we'll see where it goes from there. Personally, I think it is a great fit because he could be a role model for Pacman (Jones), who has a lot of talent and ability. Ty has been there and he could show him the ropes.''

Law had a career-high 10 interceptions for the New York Jets last season — his 11th in the NFL — after playing for the New England Patriots from 1995-2004.

The Seattle Seahawks and Kansas City Chiefs are also among the teams interested in Law, who is believed to be seeking around $10 million in guaranteed money.

That's probably too steep for the Titans, who've already signed four free agents this offseason.

"If (Poston) comes and says, 'Hey, my guy is in love with your team and he wants to play for minimum,' then things might be different,'' Reese said. "But I am sure he would be very, very expensive. You never say never, but I am going to guess he is going to be out of our price range.''

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
It's still a longshot...but I'm definitely on the Law bandwagon if we can get him for less money once market cools down and convert him to safety!

The draft is still an option, as is Charles Woodson.

We'll just have to see what happens.....Law would be an enforcer in the secondary! :cool:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Law has made it clear he will not play FS. The only way the Cowboys could get him is if we move Henry to FS and then make Law the starting RCB. I wouldn't be opposed to this idea, but his price tag has to come down, especially when we can get a long term stud FS in the draft for much cheaper.

doomsday81

Reaction score
Once again, Ty Law is not going to play safety. Ever. How do I know that? He told me in his own words, "I'll retire before moving to safety. I'm a corner and a damn good one. Check out the stats."

Now lets have 120 more posts about Ty Law coming to Dallas, taking less money and converting to safety. It's never going to happen. Please move on and talk about other options because these posts are not worth the time. Trust me on this one. There's no chance of him coming to Dallas to play safety.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
I read somewhere that Law has made it clear he will not play FS. The only way the Cowboys could get him is if we move Henry to FS and then make Law the starting RCB. I wouldn't be opposed to this idea, but his price tag has to come down, especially when we can get a long term stud FS in the draft for much cheaper.

I'd be happy with that. I think Henry enjoys contact more than even Law does. Henry has more experience at the position too.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
Once again, Ty Law is not going to play safety. Ever. How do I know that? He told me in his own words, "I'll retire before moving to safety. I'm a corner and a damn good one. Check out the stats."

Now lets have 120 more posts about Ty Law coming to Dallas, taking less money and converting to safety. It's never going to happen. Please move on and talk about other options because these posts are not worth the time. Trust me on this one. There's no chance of him coming to Dallas to play safety.

It's just a smokescreen.....I'm sure law will change his mind real fast once he realizes that teams aren't going to shell out tons of money for him at this point in his career.

Also why not come to dallas and be reunited with the coach that drafted him, as well as bledsoe and some other former parcell minions.....

You never know what might happen, newman or henry could get hurt or struggle and law could have a chance to play corner again anyhow, i still think he'd make a heck of safety and pick off passes left and right.

The law firm is still open for business! :eek:

silver

Reaction score
Won't play safety
Is represented by the Postons
Too Expensive
Was healthy last year but not the previous one
BP & JJ hate the Postons

did i mention his agent is a guy named Poston?

same applies to Charles Woodson

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
silver said:
Won't play safety
Is represented by the Postons
Too Expensive
Was healthy last year but not the previous one
BP & JJ hate the Postons

did i mention his agent is a guy named Poston?

same applies to Charles Woodson
Law needs to be flexible on which position he plays. Remember Pete Hunter. I know he is a more established player but he is getting up in age. On dealing with the Postons, we are already dealing with Rosenhous. Why not the Postons.

silver

Reaction score
COWBOYSNUM1 said:
Law needs to be flexible on which position he plays. Remember Pete Hunter. I know he is a more established player but he is getting up in age. On dealing with the Postons, we are already dealing with Rosenhous. Why not the Postons.
because BP has made it clear that he hates them with a passion. Rosenhous is Parcells agent so there's no hate going on there.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
silver said:
because BP has made it clear that he hates them with a passion. Rosenhous is Parcells agent so there's no hate going on there.

Yes but Rosenhaus is one seedy character, in fact he's down right sinister with his elaborate schemes.....

Never say never! I think Law very well might be the answer, even if it's only for a one year deal. ;)

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
:huh:
silver said:

:huh: I thought that Jimmy Sexton was Parcells agent??

ndanger

Reaction score
silver said:
Not so my friend,Jimmy Sexton is his agent

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
COWBOYSNUM1 said:
The big difference is that Ty has already made serious money. He can posture on this issue because he probably has enough "F-YOU" money to retire on principle.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Danny White said:
The big difference is that Ty has already made serious money. He can posture on this issue because he probably has enough "F-YOU" money to retire on principle.
LOL. You are probably right.

superpunk

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
It's still a longshot...but I'm definitely on the Law bandwagon if we can get him for less money once market cools down and convert him to safety!

I'm shocked.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White said:
:hammer:

Very true, Plus Law doesn't have sign up any time soon. He'll just wait until after the draft, a couple of mini-camps and maybe a week of training camp, coaches will throw up when they see the guys the stroll out there, owners will see a Law signing as a way to get a buzz and voila!!!! Law will get another $5-$7 million year deal