Tyler Guyton Film Study

HanD

Reaction score
Tyler smith sucked at tackle. He had the lowest pass pro win rate in the nfl. Tyler smith's hands were awful like guyton's. Tyler smith inside hides those awful hands hence most including me were ok with it if he played guard.

Guyton's feet are better than Tyler's but man his hands are just as bad. Hopefully he gets it together so we keep Tyler at guard
Lets include that he spent all preseason at guard until Tyrone got hurt in late August. Tyler only had a couple weeks prep to start at lt and ended up grading like 23 out of almost 60 tackles.

I don't have his grading at the end of the year but an article through 11 games said that he hasn't given up any penalties in pass pro and had an avg rate of pressure allowed and pass pro win rate. He faced some really good pass rushers that year too. Gave up zero pressures to Danielle Hunter and zadarius smith. I wouldn't say he sucked at all. He had some issues with flags in the run game but overall did fine for a rookie and great considering he had two weeks to prepare for lt and moved along the line during the year.

RS12

Reaction score
Tyler smith sucked at tackle. He had the lowest pass pro win rate in the nfl. Tyler smith's hands were awful like guyton's. Tyler smith inside hides those awful hands hence most including me were ok with it if he played guard.

Guyton's feet are better than Tyler's but man his hands are just as bad. Hopefully he gets it together so we keep Tyler at guard
Are you refferring to the Senior Bowl practice tape to where he kept getting beat on inside counter moves?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lets include that he spent all preseason at guard until Tyrone got hurt in late August. Tyler only had a couple weeks prep to start at lt and ended up grading like 23 out of almost 60 tackles.

I don't have his grading at the end of the year but an article through 11 games said that he hasn't given up any penalties in pass pro and had an avg rate of pressure allowed and pass pro win rate. He faced some really good pass rushers that year too. Gave up zero pressures to Danielle Hunter and zadarius smith. I wouldn't say he sucked at all. He had some issues with flags in the run game but overall did fine for a rookie and great considering he had two weeks to prepare for lt and moved along the line during the year.
I compare him to the rest of the tackles in the league. I don't care about circumstances. It's a performance business. He is obviously light years better playing guard than tackle. His hands were so bad coming out lol.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Are you refferring to the Senior Bowl practice tape to where he kept getting beat on inside counter moves?
Don't remember which rep but remember him just like tyler smith somehow having his hands on the back of someone's jersey while he's in front of them.

His feet are better than tyler smith tho

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't have good vibes about this guy. maybe better suited as a guard. and moving to LT!...that's a huge leap for him playing against the best of the best DEs.
He's definitely not a guard. He will be tossed around if he played guard. He doesn't play with a ton of power and plays high.

HanD

Reaction score
I compare him to the rest of the tackles in the league. I don't care about circumstances. It's a performance business. He is obviously light years better playing guard than tackle. His hands were so bad coming out lol.
Regardless of circumstance and being a rookie he didn't suck. He was avg from the gradings I could find. Maybe you can share his last in NFL pass pro rate for 2022.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Boom or bust. I said same about Micah. Knew Mazi was just a bust though.
Difference is that many had Mazi rated as a mid-second-round pick. I think the lowest I saw Guyton rated was 37th and several had him in the 20s.

It seemed like it was only late that Mazi's stock got a little higher, and I think that was partially based on some of the reporters hearing that we had interest in him.

Not saying Mazi won't work out, but I don't think he was on the same pre-draft level as Guyton. And this happened to be a deep first-round tackle group or he probably would have gone earlier.