Tyler Guyton Film Study

Reaction score
Taco had very average traits for a DE. Guyton's traits are off the charts.

I still blame Rod for not having Watt here. Ugh.

To me the biggest difference, even beyond the physical traits, is that you can tell Guyton LOVES football, he wants to be great. Taco was never going to be a Parsons, but he had the tools to be a DLaw, I just don't think he cared that much.
It's surprising how often picking a coordinator's pet cat turns out badly. I'm hoping that doesn't happen with Zim.

blueblood70

Reaction score

man it's getting me pumped up it's too bad I don't put a lot of stock in highlight reels cause you can find them on everyone but yeah he doesn't seem like a long term project he seems like he could be coached up at least have the same success Tyler Smith had his rookie year at left guard no one expected that if we could just get that minimally I'll be fine

Rayman70

Reaction score
I meant to say Tacos film was uninspiring, not inspiring.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's not. Some people like to complain.

Bass
Hoffman 2 others who have developed nicely here.

And yet the OL overall wasn't great last year. Smith and Biadasz also had coaching before Solari was here.

But if you guys were impressed with the OL play last year, have at it.

DanA

Reaction score
He

started 14 games in his career 13 at RT 1 at LT, he was drafted to play LT I would say there is going to be a big learning curve for him.
The narrative is that he prefers left tackle but his QB was left handed and they wanted him on the blindside. I don’t know how true all that is but there you go.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
tyler smith came in with some warts and lots of potential and developed nicely. did admirably as a rookie at LT. Some of the younger depth guys have been okay when required to have some playing time. Biadasz developed into a decent player. developing OL hasn't been a weakness for us imo.
Tyler smith sucked at tackle. He had the lowest pass pro win rate in the nfl. Tyler smith's hands were awful like guyton's. Tyler smith inside hides those awful hands hence most including me were ok with it if he played guard.

Guyton's feet are better than Tyler's but man his hands are just as bad. Hopefully he gets it together so we keep Tyler at guard

Flamma

Reaction score

Cowboys are first, so don't be discouraged by the length of the video. This guy is pretty good. He gets into Guyton and talks about Tyler Smith a little too.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Wait, what? Jaylon Smith tore up his knee in college and never fully came back. Tape had nothing to do with it. He was a major injury risk when drafted.
Calm down. You didnt get the joke.

Late in his career at Dallas when he was under constant critique for his bad play, Jaylons narrative was " ya'll should watch the tape. The tape does not llie". He tried to convince everybody that he plays good football.

It was a running gag back then. Even when he changed teams everybody was making that joke: "They signed him because they watched his tape".

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He

started 14 games in his career 13 at RT 1 at LT, he was drafted to play LT I would say there is going to be a big learning curve for him.
Let's not lose sight of the fact that we got a 3rd round draft pick, despite moving down 5 spots in the draft. It's far from being a blunder.

Brax

Reaction score
The narrative is that he prefers left tackle but his QB was left handed and they wanted him on the blindside. I don’t know how true all that is but there you go.
I am hoping for good things from him

Brax

Reaction score
Let's not lose sight of the fact that we got a 3rd round draft pick, despite moving down 5 spots in the draft. It's far from being a blunder.
Not complaining I’m glad they did too I am just saying it’s a change and a learning curve not a guy who played LT his whole career

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Yeah tacos film was very inspiring. Total reach. Guyton does have good film,great traits. But he also has bad warts. They can be cleaned up with good coaching.
Isn’t that what was the knock on Tyler Smith? Was it bad tape or just the penalties or both?