Video: Tyler Smith: Game Breakdown

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We agree to disagree. Simply saying he may do some things to hurt the team til he cleans some things up. So, not sure if coaches will feel they can trust him game 1.

It will be clear that they trust him when he is starting week 1. All the rest of this is much ado about nothing.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't say he was going to be cut. He's playing out of position. How many times is it going to take for fans to realize.....we ruin players careers by moving them to a position that they didn't play in college?

We have a huge list of guys that fall into that category....

Byron Jones....moved to safety
LVE....move to SS LBer
Taco...to RDE....never had the speed to be a speed rusher
Lamb....to the X WR....

Hell...you can blame me all you want....But I got 26 years and counting of Jerry bumbling things up. :popcorn:

And I'm telling you right now....they are not doing this kid any favors playing him inside. He isn't a guard. And once the snaps are for real.....and he's actually playing vs real starters......he's gonna be a penalty machine. You could literally call a hold on just about every play....because he grabs the guy....every snap. The regular season isn't going to be pretty..and I won't be shocked when he is benched to be "re-evaluated".

If you can't see it coming....then that's on you.....

And when this doesn't actually happen you will never bring it up again just like your dozens of other stupid failed predictions about players.

Reactions: BAT

DanA

Reaction score
I didn't say he was going to be cut. He's playing out of position. How many times is it going to take for fans to realize.....we ruin players careers by moving them to a position that they didn't play in college?

Byron Jones....moved to safety
LVE....move to SS LBer
Taco...to RDE....never had the speed to be a speed rusher
Lamb....to the X WR....

Hell...you can blame me all you want....But I got 26 years and counting of Jerry bumbling things up. :popcorn:

And I'm telling you right now....they are not doing this kid any favors playing him inside. He isn't a guard. And once the snaps are for real.....and he's actually playing vs real starters......he's gonna be a penalty machine. You could literally call a hold on just about every play....because he grabs the guy....every snap. The regular season isn't going to be pretty..and I won't be shocked when he is benched to be "re-evaluated".

What?

• When was LVE moved to SS?
  • Taco is a bust no matter where he plays!
  • Lamb is and has always been an X

And there's no better counter to your argument than Zack Martin who was a left tackle in college. Sure Jerry has made plenty of mistakes in the last 26 years but you taking a leap if you're attributing his failure to playing players out of position.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Byron Jones....moved to safety, LVE....move to SS LBer, Taco...to RDE....never had the speed to be a speed rusher
Hell...you can blame me all you want....But I got 26 years and counting of Jerry bumbling things up.

26 and counting? Join the club Floaty, there's a bunch of us.
But I still disagree with you about Tyler Smith. JMO of course, but I think LG is the smartest place for him to be, and I think he's going to work out just fine there. He's a big brute of a guy with some attitude to go with it and our running game on the left side is already showing improvement. He needs some experience of course and I'm sure he'll make a few mistakes because he's a rookie, that's expected. I don't believe he's an instant perfect plug-in like Martin was, but he'll make it if they don't screw him up by moving him to LT when Tyron Smith goes down this year, (assuming he does go down as usual.)

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
What?
  • When was LVE moved to SS?
  • Taco is a bust no matter where he plays!
  • Lamb is and has always been an X
And there's no better counter to your argument than Zack Martin who was a left tackle in college. Sure Jerry has made plenty of mistakes in the last 26 years but you taking a leap if you're attributing his failure to playing players out of position.

Good point, Zack Martin LT for Notre Dame. :thumbup:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
So glad Cowboys did not draft overrated Zion Johnson with 1st pick.

Trysten Hill was Zion's daddy ALL WEEK not just in last night's game.

And Tyler Smith had his way all preseason with most of the Cowboys DTs - especially Hill.