Tyler Smith: I am comfortable at guard, but ready for anything

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...m-comfortable-at-guard-but-ready-for-anything

Tyler Smith: I’m comfortable at guard, but ready for anything​

Published April 12, 2024 12:35 PM

The departure of Tyron Smith as a free agent has left a hole at left tackle on the Dallas offensive line and owner Jerry Jones suggested last month that the team could move Tyler Smith over one spot to replace him.

Smith has experience at the position, but moved to left guard on a full-time basis last year and made the Pro Bowl. Smith’s performance led Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones to compare him to Hall of Famer Larry Allen this offseason, so moving him back out of the spot wouldn’t be an easy call.

The topic came up during Smith’s recent appearance on The 8th Round Podcast and Smith said that he’s game for anything while noting that he feels good about how things have played out at guard.

“I’m coming off a really good year at guard,” Smith said. “I’m feeling really comfortable at guard. I kind of like how the continuity is right now. I’m willing to do whatever it takes, y’all, and I’m able to do whatever it takes. We’ll see what the future holds. Obviously, stay ready for anything but for right now, I’m the starting left guard of the Dallas Cowboys.”

Motorola

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...m-comfortable-at-guard-but-ready-for-anything

The departure of Tyron Smith as a free agent has left a hole at left tackle on the Dallas offensive line and owner Jerry Jones suggested last month that the team could move Tyler Smith over one spot to replace him.

Smith has experience at the position, but moved to left guard on a full-time basis last year and made the Pro Bowl. Smith’s performance led Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones to compare him to Hall of Famer Larry Allen this offseason, so moving him back out of the spot wouldn’t be an easy call.

The topic came up during Smith’s recent appearance on The 8th Round Podcast and Smith said that he’s game for anything while noting that he feels good about how things have played out at guard.

“I’m coming off a really good year at guard,” Smith said. “I’m feeling really comfortable at guard. I kind of like how the continuity is right now. I’m willing to do whatever it takes, y’all, and I’m able to do whatever it takes. We’ll see what the future holds. Obviously, stay ready for anything but for right now, I’m the starting left guard of the Dallas Cowboys.”
Author of the report states Smith made the Pro Bowl - but failed to mention he was selected NFL All-Pro Second Team.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

He switches to tackle and is out for the year football gods hate the move!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What does it matter? This team gonna win something next year?

I'm not investing. You shouldn't either. I'll just enjoy the ride of football and that's about it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

He makes sense and has a great attitude. He'll never make it here.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What does it matter? This team gonna win something next year?

I'm not investing. You shouldn't either. I'll just enjoy the ride of football and that's about it.
I'm thinking they will win then16th pick.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
From what Tyson Smith seems to be saying is that he'd prefer to remain at guard, where he's been far more successful than at LT. The Cowboys FO obviously needs to find a way to allow that to happen if they really want to improve their team. Here's hoping they'll uncover an impact player for the LT spot in the weeks that remain in the offseason and in the draft. Hopefully, the future will see this team procure a LT to count upon for its success.

Last edited:

Jayinem

Reaction score
Tyler, we're going to need you to start at two different positions at the same time. We're short on good OLinemen.

It's definitely due to the salary cap that is less fair for us than other teams.

Flamma

Reaction score
This team is notorious for being reactive as opposed to proactive to these things
You have to be focused on the team, and have a vision going forward to be proactive. They are not, and do not. It's like cutting grass. The grass gets high, you cut it, otherwise you ignore it. Reactive. The few people you see with lush, beautiful lawns that don't have a single weed on them, proactive. That's not me BTW. I don't have time for that.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Hopefully this quiets some of the posters here who are dead set on him playing LT.

75boyz

Reaction score
Harder to find left tackles than guards. Stick with the original plan of him being Tyron's replacement and concentrate on center and left guard.

Motorola

Reaction score
You have to be focused on the team, and have a vision going forward to be proactive. They are not, and do not. It's like cutting grass. The grass gets high, you cut it, otherwise you ignore it. Reactive. The few people you see with lush, beautiful lawns that don't have a single weed on them, proactive. That's not me BTW. I don't have time for that.
That's when Flamma - you're supposed to fork over the dough to a professional once a month....every month ..so your lawn remains unblemished = looking good.:)