Tyler Smith: I am comfortable at guard, but ready for anything

Motorola

Reaction score
Exactly why I would rather leave him at LG.........he's just scratching the surface.
But the majority of CZers want him to out to LT - despite this being an optimum draft year where the Cowboys can obtain a plug & play starter to take over the spot long held down by Tyron.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But the majority of CZers want him to out to LT - despite this being an optimum draft year where the Cowboys can obtain a plug & play starter to take over the spot long held down by Tyron.
I want Richards to win the LT job so we can keep Tyler at LG to pair with JPJ or Barton at C. At 24, you have a better chance of finding a plug-and-play starter at C than at LT, but this draft is pretty deep in tackles, so it's possible. But give me the top C or the No. 2 over the sixth- to eighth-best tackle.

The argument against what I want is that it is easier to find competent centers later than competent tackles and Richards may not be able to step into the LT starting spot (which is when I would move Tyler and plug in Bass at LG).

Nexx

Reaction score
In order to save salary cap money, Vice President Stephen Jones has come up with a new strategy. He declared that Tyler Smith will start at both left guard and left tackle at the same time.