Twitter: Tyron going to play “until the wheels fall off”

John813

Reaction score
Yea, I'm going to say Smith wanted to hold off on surgery until it was clear to him that he needed it.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...d-the-news-is-good-dallas-cowboys-back-injury

“I went to California and went to a facility out there and starting training and rehabbing a little early,” he said. “We just worked on the little things like stretching and taking pressure off my back and opening up my hips a little bit. It’s just little things but I’m feeling great.”

“My back is really restricted me a lot,” said Smith, who was still named to the Pro Bowl in 2017, for the fifth straight year. “But it’s feeling really good right now. We did some MRIs and it never was to the point where I needed surgery. I wanted to stay away from surgery. So I’m happy where we are right now.”

This is regarding his back in 2018, but it's the same concept of wanting to holdoff on surgery until needed anywhere for him.

Here's his comment now:

"“Honestly feeling great, finally got the neck fixed, and I think that kind of connected to everything with the back,” Smith said Thursday, via David Helman of the team website. “I’m glad I finally got it fixed after all these years.”"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah you're going to have a hard time selling me on the notion that any athlete is arguing FOR getting any area of their bodies cut open. That argument flies in the face of everything we know not only about athletes in general but ESPECIALLY about Tyron Smith. I think Tyron fell in a rut where he played through the pain all season, considered surgery in the offseason but invariably felt better once he stopped slamming into 300 pound men every Sunday and decided "okay I'm better." Having surgery in-season means your season is over.. and no athlete is pounding the table for that. Then there is the delicate nature of neck surgery which comes with the very real possibility that you get it and they tell you you can never play again. Again.. what athlete is fighting with management to be in that position?
I think you nailed it Ronnie. And no owner is going to tell a player not to get surgery. Not in this day and age with the NFLPA. Maybe in the olden days it was common.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Commander fan.
if you can't recall the actual name of the team, then don't bother commenting on a comment you know nothing about buddy...let alone I would compare how many years I have been a diehard fan vs. you but I think I know the answer. Did you even read my whole post where I said I would love his health to actually take a turn for the better? With 20K posts I would think you did......

Last edited:

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
It's not hard to see. Corrective surgery from one of the top surgerons in the nation + the longest rest period since he was in highschool.
I don't doubt that his last set of issues will hopefully fixed, but also not confident nothing else will sneak up on him...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
if you can't recall the actual name of the team, then don't bother commenting on a comment you know nothing about buddy...let alone I would compare how many years I have been a diehard fan vs. you but I think I know the answer. Did you even read my whole post where I said I would love his health to actually take a turn for the better? With 20K posts I would think you did......
They’ll always be the Commanders to me.